Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

I disabled my portfolio (again). This time at least for a week. And even though it really hurts, sacrifices must be made. The removal of images from the search looks to be slower then last time. I guess the cause is the Russians all disabling their ports now en masse.

5 hours ago, InkheartX said:

I was just replying to a user about adobe's income, do you like to read things out of context? Did you read all my replies? You pretend you can't see it when I talk about shutterstock's revenue dropping by half? The point I was trying to make is that adobe now earns more than shutterstock. never mind, I won't be speaking here. Because there are too many racists with keyboard warriors here.

InkheartX,

I had only seen your chart. The prices on it were Dollar prices. Since my shutterstock income is always in Dollars and Adobe stock income is always in Euros, I automatically concluded that it was shutterstock income.

Whiteaster pointed out to me that it was AS. I then noticed my mistake and admitted it by writing that he was right.
Afterwards I wrote that in this case I do not understand why you got a thumbs down for posting this income. If you flip back the pages you can see that.

If this has been received negatively in any way, I am sorry - it was not my intention! On the contrary!

And, yes, you are right, I have not read all posts. And that's exactly what interested me in detail, how your shutterstock income has developed since the new revenue structure.

You are the perfect example here. You offer exactly what shutterstock so generously demanded and praised in the e-mail to us: A higher revenue potential for those who offer fresh, relevant and on demand images. That is exactly what you are doing. Hardly anyone else has concentrated so perfectly on what is currently moving the world.
Your sales are many times higher than mine. That's why your statements are more relevant than mine, because statistically speaking they are much more meaningful. And you are a level 5 contributor, which means that you should theoretically make 5% more profit than under the old revenue system.

You say that your earnings at shutterstock have gone down by half. I hadn't actually seen or read this post.

And now I have received a valuable statement for me: If even you have 50% losses, this is clear proof that the whole thing was a rhetorical feint by shutterstock. If you don't earn more now than under the old system, then this will probably not be the case with anyone else either.

So I would personally be happy if you would evaluate your figures again at the end of the month. I would still be very interested in them.

36 minutes ago, Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51 said:

The decision come from New York not from Mumbai bro

Yes and its clear why. Their min pay per 8h work there is $3 and by law can go even lower.

SS instead giving them opportunities to have better live joins their government to treat them like they dont deserve more by payment changes.

Contributing here is a statement that you fine with it. Im waiting till end of the month and deleting my account. Wont help greedy CEO to get a new boat.

Excuse me but You cannot change the part of Our contract about earnings without mutual agreement of ALL contributors. It's not just unfair, it's illegal. You can just propose it only for new contributors, not for all. Also don't forget - contributor is an owner and author of all content, he gives You only rights for rent content for mutual benefit, but last changes gives the profits only for Your side. You violate the legal interests of the authors. I am sure, american legal system will be on the contributors side. 

I don't agree with the new earning structure for contributors. 

4 hours ago, stockphotofan1 said:

You have to search intelligently I would surmise..

https://www.shutterstock.com/resources

Why don't you reply to the post of Wilm about the payment structure? Because Kate and Stan didn't still found a good answer to make you write... 

Happy June 15th everyone, Don't to forget to deactivate all your content today to prevent Shutterstock from stealing any more from you!

Anyone who is not aware how to pull all their content go to your account settings and tick 'no' on the 2 options (screenshot below).

Shuuterstock.JPG

Hi i don't understand because before i have May I have 0,38 $ per subscription.

Now I have from 0,10 to 1,14 $ for subscription download and all the possible amount between.

hotel-interior-250nw-127277207.jpg
127277207 $0.31 2
modern-house-250nw-86271325.jpg
86271325 $0.20 2
empty-lecture-hall-university-250nw-72347995.jpg
72347995 $1.14 1
hotel-room-250nw-123035896.jpg
123035896 $0.68 1
modern-school-interiors-250nw-358690949.jpg
358690949 $0.29 1
hotel-interior-250nw-123036034.jpg
123036034 $0.17 1
modern-library-building-zagreb-250nw-102207595.jpg
102207595 $0.11 1
modern-office-interior-croatia-250nw-1611074593.jpg
1611074593 $0.10 1

18 minutes ago, Berni said:

Hi i don't understand because before i have May I have 0,38 $ per subscription.

Now I have from 0,10 to 1,14 $ for subscription download and all the possible amount between.

hotel-interior-250nw-127277207.jpg
127277207 $0.31 2
modern-house-250nw-86271325.jpg
86271325 $0.20 2
empty-lecture-hall-university-250nw-72347995.jpg
72347995 $1.14 1
hotel-room-250nw-123035896.jpg
123035896 $0.68 1
modern-school-interiors-250nw-358690949.jpg
358690949 $0.29 1
hotel-interior-250nw-123036034.jpg
123036034 $0.17 1
modern-library-building-zagreb-250nw-102207595.jpg
102207595 $0.11 1
modern-office-interior-croatia-250nw-1611074593.jpg
1611074593 $0.10 1

What exactly you dont understand?

Thats what Shutterstock thinks about your work and how much its worth... 

Looking at your port it looks like your photos are worth much more than even 38c

50 minutes ago, Adam__K said:

Dear Jose, 

Didn't you promise you will disappear forever last week? Make us a favor, be consequent and stop trolling. 

Dear Adam

Who do you think you are to command people, and sorry but my remark was well placed and nullement a troll unlike you,
But I forgive you

After one or two months ago Canva made changes to their payment to contributors programs and also to their customers. And this is win-win situation. I am both there and I have hugeeee jump in sales, moneys and also my subscription experience. This is a good change - shame for you SS. But hey the world will not over with your stupid and unfair decision- you will pay the price, not we(contributors) .

4 hours ago, MisterStock said:

Balance sheet as of June 15: 1,040 sales.
$ 0.76 on average per image, including a sale at $ 79. Best average of the year. Without the super sale: 2nd best average of the year. This is just my experience.

Let's see what you have to say in January when the rank will reset to 1

9 minutes ago, Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51 said:

Spammer who has nothing to do with sending tons of emails ... and very intelligent

Yes, i suggest anyone who asked to delete account and didn't get a reply to spam them. They will reply soon. 

Someone is called spammer, someone (SS) is scammer. 

On 6/13/2020 at 7:24 PM, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

"Our new compensation model is designed to reward content creators for producing quality work that is fresh, relevant and in demand by our customers. By resetting the royalty levels each year, we aim to provide an avenue for contributors to be fairly rewarded for content that is performing well at the current time."

Yes, Thomas. This has nothing to do with "fair"!

This downgrading to level 1 has indeed nothing to do with "fresh" or "in demand" content. It is solely about shutterstock earning more money without letting the contributors participate.

Just one example:

I have an image with more than 6500 downloads. It sells every day. And has been in the database for years. So it's not "fresh" at all. But it still seems to be "in demand". Nevertheless it brings shutterstock money - every day. This picture has the same value for shutterstock on 01. January as on 01. June or 01. December. But for me, who took it, it suddenly has less value. It will still be bought every day (as long as the algorithm is not changed). So Shutterstock earns money on it every day. But at the beginning of the year, I simply get even less from it than I already do since the new revenue structure.

The shutterstock argumentation is rhetorical fraud - nothing else! Theft!

Whoever believes that this has something to do with "fairness" is totally wrong!

Sharing this message again before it gets deleted 

1 hour ago, concept w said:

Let's see what you have to say in January when the rank will reset to 1

- I will go to level 2 on January 2. - in level 3 on January 5 or 6. - in level 4, around January 10. - and find my level 5 around February 10. Obviously, this is approximate.
Indeed it would be better if there was no "reset" of the counters.

Idea for SS: Apply the new scale on February 1 based on the January sales. January remaining at the scale of the previous year.

The new earnings structure looks quite good on paper.

Before we were getting 20 to 30% revenue. 25 cents - 20%, 38 cents - 30%. Of some who knows how calculated average. Custom and enhanced and videos - the same 20-30%.

image.png.152f93604296c36ce090c3afcbae6ce4.png

https://pdnonline.com/gear/stock-photography-services-compared/

Now they are rewarding those of us who sell more right now, paying 35% for Level 5 and 40% for Level 6 - more as before. The new contributors and those who are not performing that well the conditions worsened to 15%. The extra 5 to 10% for Levels 5-6 make up even resetting to Level 1 on January 1 (depending on how fast a contributor reachs that levels - and therefore how many images he sells on those levels).

And one only needs to sell 500 images to get 30%, which were only reserved for those with over 10.000$ lifetime earning before.

If the old rule 25 cents were 20% of an average subscription revenue, it means that this average was somewhere around 1.25$. 30% of 1.25$ makes 38 cents, 35% - 44 cents, 40% - 50 cents per image on average subscription. 15% - 19 cents. Me on Level 5 should get 44 cents per subscription right now.

Sounds pretty good. And fair.

Why does reality look slightly different? After two weeks my on subscription average is only 21 cents. The all sales average is 59 cents per image, which is 16% less than lifetime average of 69 cents.

I think and I hope that the answer is the worldwide corona crisis. If my earnings are any representative, it means that SS makes only 60 cents on subscriptions, not 1.25$ as before. Because of many small buyers not buying now. And we see it on a huge percentage of 10 cents payouts.

Could there be any other explanations? For example, SS making the same 1.25$, but all the big buyers with 750 image packages only buy 325 images, thus leaving SS 50% of the package price?

If SS think we will let it go, they're wrong. I will not reactivate my account until they don't propose a fair quotation for my photos. In the meanwhile, I'm doing Adobe and Canva, I'm doing great!!!

I wrote such a letter

In fact, if someone is to blame, this is the wrong development strategy. For comparison, how the rest of the drains work. They often send letters, they often change collections (this site takes 1-2 months), no progress, and as a result, we are to blame. I really wrote letters asking for author collections to show new images for about 2 years. basically download what they see, many will not even search for 1 minute.

It turns out that you reduced the authors' incomes not only because of the level of discharge, but also in general. Why forum administrators do not answer questions? There are already 200 pages from the authors. You could improve the site, you could create more collections of themes, you can destroy images that have dead weight for 2-3 years, which do not load, thereby cleaning servers and saving money. All authors have only one question, why did we become victims of the crisis? why did revenue decline for us? Staying on the market, as you say, is the work of marketers, you would cut salaries for them, or reset them to zero. they do not bring meaningful ideas. I asked for 2 years to make collections for displaying new images and it worked.

42 minutes ago, MisterStock said:

- I will go to level 2 on January 2. - in level 3 on January 5 or 6. - in level 4, around January 10. - and find my level 5 around February 10. Obviously, this is approximate.
Indeed it would be better if there was no "reset" of the counters.

Idea for SS: Apply the new scale on February 1 based on the January sales. January remaining at the scale of the previous year.

I think you're average is irrelevant this month.

In order to draw conclusions you need at least a 6 months pattern.

Based on everyone's experience you will average below 20c/download.

17 hours ago, Whiteaster said:

My last batch took 12 days and the next is pending since 7 days. With some luck you can get approved twice a month.

Oh I get it now. Patience is the name of the game here. Nevertheless. I've paused sales on SS. It wasn't saving the settings earlier whenever I tried. Thanks.