Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

1 hour ago, Atomazul said:

Well, as of this morning the ability to delete content has been removed on my Shutterstock dashboard. "Sets" is replaced with a link to a forum thread from 2014 regarding taxes, and the space below where you can edit/delete content has vanished. Temporary glitch with convenient (for SS) timing? Or did they just make a shady, desperate move to prevent me from deleting more of my work and move it to P5X? I'd email them, but I don't need a canned response from a robot or fellow uniformed contributor.

It's fine. I'm doing it via Catalog Manager the whole day. Not a big deal (yet), just a little cleanup.

shutterstock briefly says: ok if you want to sell your images for an average of 10 cents. I'm at level 4. average of my sales o 10 11 cent. this is the situation.

I deactivated my portfolio on June 5, but today SS contributor Android app has shown me, that some of my images were added to 5 collections. And now I'm curious how is it possible if the portfolio is empty and I checked it.

17 minutes ago, Swill Klitch said:

It's fine. I'm doing it via Catalog Manager the whole day. Not a big deal (yet), just a little cleanup.

Weird that no one else seems to be having this issue. I've tried it several different ways, multiple computers, multiple browsers, and the catalog manager is just gone. Don't know why Shutterstock singled me out, but they do appear to have removed my ability to delete files. Idiotic move though, because I was intending to leave a portion of my content here, and now I'm fairly certain I'm going to be ceasing all business with these cretins.

Screenshot (8a).png

Is it really legal to lower the payment to its contributors like Shutterstock did on the 1st of June. I am really surprised by how you treat the creators who is doing the hardwork so that you have a product to sell.  

28 minutes ago, Atomazul said:

Weird that no one else seems to be having this issue. I've tried it several different ways, multiple computers, multiple browsers, and the catalog manager is just gone. Don't know why Shutterstock singled me out, but they do appear to have removed my ability to delete files. Idiotic move though, because I was intending to leave a portion of my content here, and now I'm fairly certain I'm going to be ceasing all business with these cretins.

Screenshot (8a).png

That area has been down or inaccessible for months on my page, too. I'm sure it's the same way for everyone. You need to go to portfolio/catalog manager and then the sets will appear on the left of the page.

Shutterstock's stock has dropped 2 dollars a share over the last 5 days.

1 hour ago, Atomazul said:

Screenshot (8a).png

try with this link, it should take you to the catalog manager.
https://submit.shutterstock.com/catalog_manager

mestock start to look attractive again, stopped uploading there a few years back after the haircut.  10 cents a DL is a joke. mestock now looked like a saint compare to ss. AS is all at a sudden seeing a lot of UL traffic.  I will not  add new contents here any more, wait and see to delete port

don't understand the level privilege if photos are sold for 10-14 cents?!!!! what a joke, pure deception. I would immediately say that all participants are on the same level

Today i opted out > one more down.. 

Is it wise to delete content already? Better wait and see what happens?

18 hours ago, Svetlana Satsiuk said:

don't understand the level privilege if photos are sold for 10-14 cents?!!!! what a joke, pure deception. I would immediately say that all participants are on the same level

You need to look at the entire pay table to understand. Here is an unofficial version of it I created based on my understanding of the publicly available package costs and percentages, open to any corrections. Levels mean more $ for photos and less ways to get the smaller amounts.

shutterstock_unofficial_pay.thumb.jpg.e161ae7e18054c6d803c8857775f7ce8.jpg

2 hours ago, Pixeljoy said:

Shutterstock might think that they are "too big to fall". But in history there are enough cases that "Giants" did fall, due to mismanagement.

There is nothing to be added to your statement. +1