Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

28 minutes ago, otsphoto said:

Frankly I am not sure why you even bother uploading with such "earnings" and then try to prove a point. Earn for a living with stock, and then see how the earnings dropped, for everyone. These numbers are random and absolutely not worth even taking seriously. 

I think in a month we will keep seeing this "$77.31-$71.66" visual mantra as a proof of his honesty and success.

2 hours ago, Thomas Andreas said:

Hi Justin, I have been reading your reports. Your approaches are correct and everyone should read them. It's just that some people are angry right now, even if stock is not their full time job. 

What you are doing is quite atrocious. You ignore a lot of cases with legitimate claims from level 4/5/6 contributors who say that they experience 40 to 60 reductions in earnings. Then you file them under 'just some angry people' implying that their emotional state prevents them from making correct deductions from the data they are observing with their own eyes.

Instead of saying that some people see slight reductions in income while other people have drastic ones, you throw majority of your fellow contributors under the bus.

And in order to substantiate this point of view you side with a known troll no less. Nice.

12 minutes ago, stockphotofan1 said:

Because they brighten my day, obviously! Not any time at all, I type fast.

Justin

http://www.statisticool.com/main.htm

Well, I think it's because Shutterstock pays you more as a troll than as a photographer...

1 minute ago, eskystudio said:

What you are doing is quite atrocious. You ignore a lot of cases with legitimate claims from level 4/5/6 contributors who say that they experience 40 to 60 reductions in earnings. Then you file them under 'just some agree people' implying that their emotional state prevents them from making correct deductions from the data they are observing with their own eyes.

Instead of saying that some people see slight reductions in income while people have drastic ones, you throw majority if your fellow contributors under the bus.

And in order to substantiate this point of view you side with a known troll no less. Nice.

Ignore him please

On 6/11/2020 at 10:29 AM, Maxal Tamor said:

Well, I think that it is because Shutterstock pays you better as troll than as photographer……

I enjoy conspiracy theories, especially those as shameful as yours. About as good as any other entertainment nowadays.

So much effort, creativity, work, photo quality and dedication are not justified to be exploited in this way. They should rename this portal to Centstock. They give shame. For my part I will not upload content again and I hope to delete my portfolio, so no one understands my photos. Art is not appreciated today. 

4 minutes ago, DrObjektiff said:

Please, don't feed him anymore 

I won't. I have to leave anyway because I don't have as much time for forums as he has. :)

5 minutes ago, eskystudio said:

just placed him on the ignore list.

So am I.
I feel like I'm on vacation now...

8 hours ago, Mihai_Tamasila said:

I agree, they just took the axe and chopped us... it don't matter if I'm lvl 3 on images, I still get 10c sales which is very disappointing, compared to 0.36c I was getting.

Real shame, I was expecting a raise this year, instead we got hit hard and nobody can tell me my earnings are the same when I see half of what I was earning this far.

image.png.da5db0ff95743f7a20ac1509224ba6c4.png

Even if you are a level 4 or 5... It really doesn't matter anymore. There is no way that the 10, 12, or 14 cent can pay all the travels, equipment, expenses, retouching time, and so on.

I turned off my portfolio at SS. Since that I see more traffic and much more money on AS.

Jonathan Oringer, Shutterstock Founder has sold shares on June 1, 3 & 5.  Seems like he would have a good understanding of what’s to come with SS.

Well, as of this morning the ability to delete content has been removed on my Shutterstock dashboard. "Sets" is replaced with a link to a forum thread from 2014 regarding taxes, and the space below where you can edit/delete content has vanished. Temporary glitch with convenient (for SS) timing? Or did they just make a shady, desperate move to prevent me from deleting more of my work and move it to P5X? I'd email them, but I don't need a canned response from a robot or fellow uniformed contributor.

3 hours ago, zsooofija said:

Hey fellow contributors. If you are one of the people affected by this great change in payment structure, I invite you to join our Stock Submitter Coalition. Together we are stronger! (We are close to 3000 members)
www.facebook.com/groups/261369748434285/

UP

18 minutes ago, Atomazul said:

Well, as of this morning the ability to delete content has been removed on my Shutterstock dashboard. "Sets" is replaced with a link to a forum thread from 2014 regarding taxes, and the space below where you can edit/delete content has vanished. Temporary glitch with convenient (for SS) timing? Or did they just make a shady, desperate move to prevent me from deleting more of my work and move it to P5X? I'd email them, but I don't need a canned response from a robot or fellow uniformed contributor.

Are your images still for sale, and you can not delete them? I can not try myself, I already disabled sales, but you are right about sets, I can not acces them anymore (yesterday it was still working)

6 minutes ago, zsooofija said:

Are your images still for sale, and you can not delete them? I can not try myself, I already disabled sales, but you are right about sets, I can not acces them anymore (yesterday it was still working)

There was an image editor section below sets. They removed it completely, so I can no longer edit or permanently delete files. I can still disable my portfolio at the moment, which before this morning I wasn't considering yet. Really trying to believe that it's a temporary "glitch", giving it a few hours before I start burning crap down.

6 minutes ago, Atomazul said:

There was an image editor section below sets. They removed it completely, so I can no longer edit or permanently delete files. I can still disable my portfolio at the moment, which before this morning I wasn't considering yet. Really trying to believe that it's a temporary "glitch", giving it a few hours before I start burning crap down.

I found it. It works for me. Under sets, I click on Catalog Manager, and then I can choose the set/image and I still have the delete and edit options. I just deleted on of my images, and it worked. Let's hope it's just a glitch.

15 minutes ago, zsooofija said:

I found it. It works for me. Under sets, I click on Catalog Manager, and then I can choose the set/image and I still have the delete and edit options. I just deleted on of my images, and it worked. Let's hope it's just a glitch.

Thanks for checking. Maybe it's just me, either a glitch on my end or they are singling me out for some petty reason. When you run a company so disrespectful of your suppliers/contributors, I can't help but assume everything that happens is guided by their greed, lack of ability to be honest and clear, and short-sighted decision making. Easy to jump to those conclusions when that's how they choose to behave.