Jump to content
Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Abdecoral said:

Response Re: Actualización importante de Shutterstock

 

En contestación a vuestro correo de "actualización de la estructura de ingresos", mediante este correo quiero dejar constancia de mi disconformidad ante estos nuevos ajustes. A tales efectos solicito que no se permita ninguna descarga de mis imágenes hasta que haya realizado los ajustes necesarios (llegar al menos al 3 nivel), para seguir recibiendo los ingresos por descarga anteriormente pactados. Ruego me comuniquen si podemos llegar a este acuerdo.
Atentamente
Elba Cabrera
 

Puede deshabilitar las ventas de sus imágenes / videos en Configuración de la cuenta. También puede volver a encenderlo si así lo decide.
Usé el traductor de google, lo siento.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to find any business reason, or some motive for selling my photos and illustrations for nothing ...
I will not post any more photos, illustrations or videos on this site. From the first of January, we will say goodbye to each other after almost 10 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, djdarkflower said:

This is my income from today. I have Level 4.

shutterstock verkauf 09062020.jpg

What happen if everybody will reset to level 1 next January?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Natwood said:

Wow, the same with my images, here is one of them https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/greeting-card-design-text-be-my-1022625388 

I can find them on SS through google. I don't have any buyer's plan, I've never bought on SS, so I can't check if it's possible to buy my disabled images, but looks like they are still there for reason. I won't say it's unbelievable, after their Ten Cent Trick I can easily believe SS is cheating.

 

I tried to download the image now and a message appeared in the last phase: "There was an issue with your request... Contact us..." and a ss support window appeared “Can I help you choose a plan?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DrObjektiff said:

I tried to download the image now and a message appeared in the last phase: "There was an issue with your request... Contact us..." and a ss support window appeared “Can I help you choose a plan?"

I also tried with my images. They are there but you can not download them.

One guy who also disabled sales was saying on FB that SS contacted him to ask him to allow one sale of his video for a client. He refused. I guess there will be a lot of similar cases, when the buyer saved the image in a lightbox, and later when he tries to buy it, the image is gone. It's good, I think it will help customers realize something is seriously wrong, and they might go elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically no matter how many images you have here, no matter how long you have been here, you start every year with 10 cents per image. This is silly and offensive at the same time - and could very well mean the end of Shutterstock. It's just not worth the effort any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AleksandrMorrisovich said:

The most sad thing is that the number of sales fell to ridiculous numbers. Only last month, everything went stably and about 20 sales a day, and in June some kind of nightmare of 5 purchases with any luck, and those of 0.1. Sad

similar here, perhaps buyers moved to different agencies as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lennystan said:

similar here, perhaps buyers moved to different agencies as well

Same for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djdarkflower said:

These are my statistics from the past two months. I have a lot of 0.10 pictures in June.

shutterstock statistik.jpg

If I understand correctly, in one week in June, you have almost half the number of downloads of May and a third of the earnings...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sense a certain nervousness.
By this I do not only mean the manipulation of comments on social media platforms.
I also mean the contributor surveys.
Every day a window pops up asking me to take time for the survey.
At the end you can express your opinion. You can be very sure that I have done this in detail several times now.

I don't think they're really interested, but I wrote my frustration of the soul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AKaiser said:

You may call it "gossip" - up to you. But it still isn't ok to publicly lay out information that was given to you in private. 
You might have gotten those numbers directly from me as well, BTW. You'd just have to ask. Wilm's a friend of mine and we frankly talk about our earnings. Thanks to you, he now felt he had to apologize, just because you didn't mind publicly sharing his private message. 
And yes, he's right: I roughly sold 800,000 images through Shutterstock. 

Thank you, Anya, for clarifying this. In my opinion, you have been treated disrespectfully, so I wrote the PM to this person.
I had assumed that a personal message would also be handled personally - and not publicly. You know you will always have my respect. This respect also means that I would never post any numbers from you in the forum, even though they have come to light in the past. So I am very happy that you have accepted my apology. If I had known how this would be handled, I would never have done it!

I wish you and all other angry contributors good luck and success with the other agencies.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Thank you, Anya, for clarifying this. In my opinion, you have been treated disrespectfully, so I wrote the PM to this person.
I had assumed that a personal message would also be handled personally - and not publicly. You know you will always have my respect. This respect also means that I would never post any numbers from you in the forum, even though they have come to light in the past. So I am very happy that you have accepted my apology. If I had known how this would be handled, I would never have done it!

I wish you and all other angry contributors good luck and success with the other agencies.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Sending a huge hug your way, Wilm. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2020 at 3:34 PM, Alexandros A Lavdas said:

So basically no matter how many images you have here, no matter how long you have been here, you start every year with 10 cents per image. This is silly and offensive at the same time - and could very well mean the end of Shutterstock. It's just not worth the effort any more.

 

You don't "start over with 10 cents per image", 10 cents is always the *minimum* payment per image at any level, you just have more ways to get 10 cents per image when the level is smaller.

 

As you sell more, you go up levels. I think the more established portfolios will level up somewhat quickly. For example, if I sell on average 100 photos per month, after January or even during, I'd already be expected to be at level 2.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Amir Bajric said:

when google is updated the photos will disappear

Yes, but the problem is that our disabled images are still visible on the SS site and it's possible to open them also through the links which could be left, for example in buyers' bookmarks. I hope they're not available for buying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrObjektiff said:

I tried to download the image now and a message appeared in the last phase: "There was an issue with your request... Contact us..." and a ss support window appeared “Can I help you choose a plan?"

Yes, it's impossible to download without buying a plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Natwood said:

Yes, it's impossible to download without buying a plan.

You probably don't understand me - it was not possible to buy the picture. My friend tried to download it from the account with the paid annual plan, it didn't work, instead of downloading it ss support offered "Can I help you choose a plan?". I don't think the SS sells any of the suspended portfolios, it would be too easy to prove such criminal activity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I didn't understand you at first. Thank you for checking and information, it's good to know!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Natwood said:

Wow, the same with my images, here is one of them https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/greeting-card-design-text-be-my-1022625388 

I can find them on SS through google. I don't have any buyer's plan, I've never bought on SS, so I can't check if it's possible to buy my disabled images, but looks like they are still there for reason. I won't say it's unbelievable, after their Ten Cent Trick I can easily believe SS is cheating.

 

SS has a free trail up. You get to download 10 images without being charged. Following the announcement here (second post from link and last post showing at the screenshot below) https://forums.submit.shutterstock.com/topic/100133-new-earnings-structure-for-contributors/

Edit to add... this only works for images!

ss0.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Natwood said:

Sorry, I didn't understand you at first. Thank you for checking and information, it's good to know!

 

No problem 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...