New earnings structure for Contributors

This is how its look like on tier 5. Total joke. Im dissapointed like hell. 0 new uploads here and i spread bad word against SS to every customer i know. 4 of them i already persuade to stick to adobe. I wait some more days but i think only deleting account here is a option. Cannot believe that someone still upload photos here. If someone think level help you this is not true. You still get less than 0,25$ most of time. ODs are rare and 90% of them are still below 2,85$. Now think about 1st january 2021 XD Sorry for my lame english fellow stockers. 

ss suck.jpg

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

I am on level 3 and for the last week the majority of sales were $0.10. I've decided to stay until the end of the year - only because from time to time i get a >2.2 sale,  but i've stopped the uploads the moment i received the message and i will delete my account on the 31 December.

Soon i will upgrade to level 4, and as i already said, momentarily i have some sales that are worth staying for. First of January, however, i will not tolerate to have all my images, illustrations and vectors to be sold for nothing (not even for a few months).

1 hour ago, DutchMen said:

Go to the SS side. Fill in the paperwork, fast, and you get a contributor. Maybe that helps. Everybody here has a portofolio YOU Not

666.jpg

Listen, buddy, as a matter of fact I wrote Shutterstock, that's the point of my message to @Kate Shutterstock, to see what's happening that mails aren't answered. As of not having a portfolio, mine (not a big one, 1600 images, about 70 videos or so) is disabled, I opted-out sales. Or perhaps they just deleted it and didn't answer my mails, in any case I want to know. 

Don't know who erected you as forum police, I'm blocking the hell out of you right now.

Que l'on soit au niveau 3, 4 (comme moi...) ou même niveau 6, on touche la même chose, c'est à dire $0,10, alors au 1er janvier ce ne sera vraiment plus la peine et je désactiverai mon compte...
Bonne soirée à toutes et à tous.

Whether you are at level 3, 4 (like me ...) or even level 6, you touch the same thing, that is to say $ 0.10, so on January 1st it will really not be worth it any more and I will deactivate my account ...
Good evening everyone.

1 minute ago, DutchMen said:

Look to the info. Talking behind somebodies back. . Also me i dont know you. But if you pm talking about somebody who i dont know. I call that gossip. That is sad. The person he is gossping about. I dont know that person. Him i dont know. But if we all gossip you get a sick society

You may call it "gossip" - up to you. But it still isn't ok to publicly lay out information that was given to you in private. 
You might have gotten those numbers directly from me as well, BTW. You'd just have to ask. Wilm's a friend of mine and we frankly talk about our earnings. Thanks to you, he now felt he had to apologize, just because you didn't mind publicly sharing his private message. 
And yes, he's right: I roughly sold 800,000 images through Shutterstock. 

1 minute ago, AKaiser said:

You may call it "gossip" - up to you. But it still isn't ok to publicly lay out information that was given to you in private. 
You might have gotten those numbers directly from me as well, BTW. You'd just have to ask. Wilm's a friend of mine and we frankly talk about our earnings. Thanks to you, he now felt he had to apologize, just because you didn't mind publicly sharing his private message. 

Do yourself a favor, block this guy.

3 hours ago, DutchMen said:

Are u dutch. Yes dont understand the critics about her clothes. She does her best to look good in a 5000 dollar dress. Or in a 100 dollar dress. Her children too. It is about lifestyle. Even the worst photographer can make great pictures with her. Elegant, inteligent lady  

When all the corona problems are gone. I dont mind staying some days at Rotterdam. Rotterdam is one of the most important cities in the Netherlands. I have seen pictures. After WOII This is belongs to the top three (now waiting on Dumbs down). I would say for travellers

1.Amsterdam

2.Rotterdam, never been there so thats why no2

3.The Hague, only because i come few times year hear, fantastic city

I am from Amsterdam, no hate against Feynoord and Sparta. The both are good clubs. 

I was born in The Hague, live now20ft below sealevel close to Rotterdam and work part-time in Amsterdam
Pity for SS are these pictures not visible n0t not for sale anymore. Adobe, nationale beeldbank and even dreamstime pays better then 10 cents

44 minutes ago, AKaiser said:

He is friend of your. I dont know you. I dont know him. Please talk with him. Really good (your sales) but i dont care. Nobody has to pm for others peoples succes or other people whatever. Fight your own battles. I dont care. SS is from now a closed story. Play with eachother. I dont like gossip

21 minutes ago, Andre Muller said:

I was born in The Hague, live now20ft below sealevel close to Rotterdam and work part-time in Amsterdam
Pity for SS are these pictures not visible n0t not for sale anymore. Adobe, nationale beeldbank and even dreamstime pays better then 10 cents

my last post. only because you live in the no1 country -> wish you luck stay safe. We all gone change to better stuf. See mee on dreamtimes, alamy Gonna work on my portofolios and other project. If i start working at mcdonald i make more money and a free meal 

1 minute ago, DutchMen said:

my last post. only because you live in the no1 country -> wish you luck stay safe. We all gone change to better stuf. See mee on dreamtimes, alamy Gonna work on my portofolios and other project. If i start working at mcdonald i make more money and a free meal 

Iam very sad, that we only earn 10 Cent for an Image! This is pityfully Little. We have a lot of work to make Images as good as possible!!!

47 minutes ago, mpessaris said:

guys...there are now 2 pages or more about people arguing...u all do good work...let's focus on getting our money back

I agree, don't make this about who is better than whom.  Everyone  is at a different level of photography, but the real issue is this absolutely deplorable action against the contributor.

3 hours ago, Thomas Pajot said:

I'm level 5, today i made 24 sells for $3,36...

Yeah thats bad i got $13 for 24 sales and couple days ago $5 something for 23 sales on lvl4... Maybe its just bad day for you.

I was looking on my June earnings 2019 and it was actually 50% lower than May and July 2019. July 2018 dropped 50% as well comparing to other months.

Still hoping it wont be that bad, but so far this month looks like will be at last 50% lower than May. Still didnt got any enhanced license sales so hard to say, in May i had few of them.

25 minutes ago, FCG said:

I've disabled all my photos and videos on day June-1.... but today when I saw an old link to one of my videos.... click on it and surprise... it's there!!!

https://www.shutterstock.com/es/video/clip-1011023441

And I can add it to the cart, continue to payment....

What is happening?, arent they disabling all our files?

Thats weird.. Your port is empty... who is taking money for your job then ??? 100% for Shutterstock ? Do you still getting paid for sales on your account?