Package 750 images = $249 per month = $0.33/image
Level 1 — 15% = 0.05  **0.10
Level 2 — 20% = 0.07  **0.10
Level 3 — 25% = 0.08  **0.10
Level 4 — 30% = 0.10
Level 5 — 35% = 0.12
Level 6 — 40% = 0.13

17 minutes ago, Andre Lefrancois said:

I have turned off my portfolio to protest these changes - but how can I delete all of my images from this service?

Any help is appreciated.

Keep them deactivated until Shutterstock pays someone to delete your ports, or until SS changes this BS decision.  Don't delete anything.  Make SS pay to warehouse your inactive images and clips.

2 minutes ago, Kiev.Victor said:

Meanwhile your quality goes down.

Shutterstock also has the OFFSET which only "top quality" work accepted. I applied but got rejected... I guess my work not quality enough ^_^

Hello Shutterstock, all this with your company is becoming worse and worse and now this is really outrageous and unacceptable, so I consider closing my contributor account after many years, so I need you to explain how can I retrieve all my files and close my account. These new policies are utterly unfair to us old contributors, let alone drop in sales and downloads, which is also a reason why creative people are leaving your agency, I think soon you will be left with people providing low quality snapshots made with phones. 

So I did some math above, and it seems like no matter how good you are and how much you sell, you 'll get whooping 10 cents per image for most big packages. Good job on rewarding contributors, as you said in the original post.

image.png.7297022813941843db70a052bef8ec02.png

1 minute ago, eskystudio said:

Even if this is the case, everybody will take a huge hit in the first month of the year after the reset.

I've been in sales a long time and have become quite accustomed to the dynamics of "revamped" comp structures, particularly one that rewards top producers. Elements like the January 1st reset are implemented to take money OUT of contributors' pockets...............everybody's. 

1 hour ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

When the new earnings structure goes into effect, the payout for subscription plans will not be less than 10¢.

That is not much consolation and is over a 73% drop if you are currently paid 38c. 

Totally disappointed by new earnings system. 

Is there a possibility to switch off portfolio for some time??? I did not ready for this "offer"

6 minutes ago, Firn said:

Good question! I just realized that my list is actually wrong, because i got displayed the prices in €. So, I guess not? Don't know where to find them in $, as even the English version page shows me Euro.

For example I just set my VPN to Japan.  At todays rates (@Kate Shutterstock can you confirm what rates you use to convert to US$)

10 images     $56   so per image  5.60

50 images     $139                       2.78

350 images   $232                       0.66

750 images   $279                       0.40

3 minutes ago, samoyloff said:

So I did some math above, and it seems like no matter how good you are and how much you sell, you 'll get whooping 10 cents per image for most big packages. Good job on rewarding contributors, as you said in the original post.

image.png.7297022813941843db70a052bef8ec02.png

thanks

what country is this for?  Price are regional.  

4 minutes ago, tomarillo said:

There may be too many contributors on Shutterstock. This method may want to remove the weak ?

The only thing this will do is remove the strong.

I'm very sorry about this situation. 

After these reactions, I hope you will undo this decision. If you ignore the reaction of so many people, you will be disrespectful and i think many of us will delete the accounts or will not upload anymore. And the most important is : the money you earn will not benefit.

1 minute ago, jean-francois me said:

thanks

what country is this for?  Price are regional.  

Prices are regional, but they don't differ that much, IMO. Anyways, we'll get 10 cents, rejoice!

2 minutes ago, KeremGogus said:

Shutterstock also has the OFFSET which only "top quality" work accepted. I applied but got rejected... I guess my work not quality enough ^_^

Offset is not about the quality.  Clearly, your work is equal to, or better than, some of the work i've seen there.  Offset is about marketing big names, not just about great images.  

Put another way, Offset wants people to be wowed by seeing Ansel Adams's work for sale there, not Kerem Gogus.  Even though your work may be every bit as good, or better, than an Offset contributor, SS wants the name and the rep, and people, like us, have neither.

1 minute ago, LineByLine said:

So, where are ya'll leaving to? This move is utterly the dumbest business move on Shutterstock's part. 

I have opted out all my content and also starting deleting some, like 10 clips so far.