Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

8 hours ago, Patricio_Murphy said:

You can lower the payout to usd35 in your preferences!

Ok, thanks Patricio, i never knew , will look into that.

8 minutes ago, DutchMen said:

My G.D i found a new rolemodel

I saw your work on Alamy !!! GOOD EDITORIAL JOB, i love it 💗, Finally we working same, my port in Alamy is 74 201 photos with amazing editorial sell !!! very good money there 🤑🤑🤑

12 minutes ago, Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51 said:

And i love visit your country

Netherlands images

The most photos i made in Amsterdam, there a lot of countries worth travelling. YES the Netherlands also. There still a lot of photos on SS. Not only Amsterdam but great city The Hague, zeeland, if you need info about the Netherlands ASK. Look me up at alamy etc

https://www.shutterstock.com/search/amsterdam

But not mine, all my terrible photos i am shamed of GONE. But The next half year i am going improve my photos. Get better like all the professionals here on SS with quality photos This photo has copyright. Only for personal use. Dont sell this photos at SS, the already haveit

Queen Maxima For A Public Appearance At The Nemo Science Museum Amsterdam The Netherlands 2019 (8).jpg

8 minutes ago, Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51 said:

I saw your work on Alamy !!! GOOD EDITORIAL JOB, i love it 💗, Finally we working same, my port in Alamy is 74 201 photos with amazing editorial sell !!! very good money there 🤑🤑🤑

Alamy is a great workplace

8 minutes ago, DutchMen said:

The most photos i made in Amsterdam, there a lot of countries worth travelling. YES the Netherlands also. There still a lot of photos on SS. Not only Amsterdam but great city The Hague, zeeland, if you need info about the Netherlands ASK. Look me up at alamy etc

But not mine, all my terrible photos i am shamed of GONE. But The next half year i am going improve my photos. Get better like all the professionals here on SS with quality photos This photo has copyright. Only for personal use. Dont sell this photos at SS, the already haveit

Queen Maxima For A Public Appearance At The Nemo Science Museum Amsterdam The Netherlands 2019 (8).jpg

WOW What a shoot 🥰

16 minutes ago, Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51 said:

Still uploading alreay going to 18000

3 minutes ago, DutchMen said:

Still uploading alreay going to 18000

Dont forget the others agencies, you are not exclusif, send me a PM i will tell you with who you can work better with your editorial photos, and i speak about every day  income in minimum 6 agencies, its change your life !!!

A pay cut during a pandemic? I am now making less than 1/3 what I was previously: My usual $.33 a download is now $.10. Where is all the money going? I know how little you were paying your reviewers before you sent their jobs to India. How irrelevant can my work be if I am still getting downloads? I refuse to accept that my content isn't as valuable as it was just because I am not a high-volume contributor. I do not understand why Shutterstock has decided to antagonize the very people who make their business work. There is no Shutterstock without contributors, please stop acting like you are somehow doing us a favor. 

10 minutes ago, Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51 said:

Good morning José. We are fighting our own war here.I don't care how many photos you have, I don't care how much success you have in your work, I personally hope you wil continue to be very successful.  It seems to me that you are disrespecting many of us who are having losses with the new schedule. 60 per cent less in many cases.We are trying here to change the things or find a solution...and it can't be sell our photos for 10 cents...We know you are happy with the new schedule, we know you are successful, we know you have almost one million pics, we know you travel around the world...but we have the same problem here...10 cent for picture, 60 -70 per cent less. Your successful career does not change anything for 99 percent of us.

Have a good day

53/5000

Let's look at some expectations since many do not do this (they just focus on $.10 minimum payment and do a full stop).

Under the old payment structure based on lifetime earnings, say for the first level ($0-$500), the subscription payment was $.25 (ie. the min, the max; all $.25).

Under the new payment structure from my understanding, it can be any from $.10 (6 ways), $.24, $.30, $.37, $.38, $.44, or $.74.

If the distribution of those outcomes is all equal 1/12, then expected earnings are about $.26, which is greater than $.25.

This comes from: (1/12)*$.10 + (1/12)*$.10 +  (1/12)*$.10 +  (1/12)*$.10 +  (1/12)*$.10 +  (1/12)*$.10 +  (1/12)*$.24 +  (1/12)*$.30 +  (1/12)*$.37 +  (1/12)*$.38 +  (1/12)*$.44 +  (1/12)*$.74 = $.255, or $.26

Of course, the distribution may not be all equal.

If the $.10s are more heavily weighted, then the expected will be lower than $.25, a critic might correctly say. For example, if the 750 packages are 3 times as likely as the rest of the outcomes, then the expected earnings are $.17.

To eliminate bias in assigning the distribution, how about if the distribution is randomly generated? I used Excel and a Visual Basic script to simulate this 30,000 times, and compared the expected results to the previous $.25. I kept track of the % of the time the expected value is greater than $.25.

Results:

min: $.13

max: $.40

expected value: $.2553 

% of time expected value is greater than $.25: 50.41%

Here is a screenshot:

payment_simulation.thumb.JPG.7ed4e2543445d1a7611922ef6e59abab.JPG

This assumes the price of packages the customer pays stays the same. This could of course go up or down over time.

One can do a similar analysis for other levels and packages.

Cheers,

6 minutes ago, Conde said:

Good morning José. We are fighting our own war here.I don't care how many photos you have, I don't care how much success you have in your work, I personally hope you wil continue to be very successful.  It seems to me that you are disrespecting many of us who are having losses with the new schedule. 60 per cent less in many cases.We are trying here to change the things or find a solution...and it can't be sell our photos for 10 cents...We know you are happy with the new schedule, we know you are successful, we know you have almost one million pics, we know you travel around the world...but we have the same problem here...10 cent for picture, 60 -70 per cent less. Your successful career does not change anything for 99 percent of us.

Have a good day

53/5000

You're right and I apologize, I'm leaving the forum now, it's not my war but yours, Good luck to all !!

1 minute ago, Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51 said:

You're right and I apologize, I'm leaving the forum now, it's not my war but yours, Good luck to all !!

Thanks...good look with your job Jose!

46 minutes ago, DutchMen said:

Queen Maxima is allways nice to photographers! Did a good shoot of her at a visit in Moerkapelle, Netherlands. My favorite photo cities in the Netherlands is (hard to say when born in The Hague) is Rotterdam and Amsterdam. The port of Rotterdam is so huge and all its new architecture downtown. 

26 minutes ago, Conde said:

Have a good day

53/5000

You make good points.But some people live on this. Or some people life this. If he pro SS, i dont see that in all his text. But if he stops with SS. Than it is zero. Look to the other remarks of him. That is the same for people with 50000 photos. There are here people who live on the little bit the get now. At the end month 100 dollars. Or Zero. Some people look to India. But even in western world look to the wages at companies. Those people make more money by keeping your photos on SS. So for me, it is a hobby. And for him it is a job. And the for the short time he gets for 100000000000 photos a 100 hundred dollars. Is rent. There are two group pro or against. And some trolls. But we all suffer from this disaster. 

1 hour ago, DutchMen said:

Looking at your SS portolio, i like it, also good title: emptiness

And for a reason.

3 minutes ago, DutchMen said:

Is it modern art what you are showing for SS. Because even your great photo emptiness. In non-licensable content.:)

Are you drunk? Gosh ... Just take a nap and you'll be fine tomorrow. Hopefully.

Shuterstock wont accept my new bio on their platform...hmmm..all it says is ..."Unable to save public information. Please see errors"

This is my new bio...

Recently Shutter stock has cut contributors income in half..(at least)..because of this greed I will not be contributing new work and images to Shutter stock anymore..should you be interested in my work consider contacting me directly at darkgeometryart@gmail.com..thank you..cheers!

I'm so sorry...

We all have tried hard, seriouly and honestly as cooperation with SS so far, and we helped SS acheieve it's desired position among stock agecies.

But SS responded us in early june, while the painful thing is that after an initial announcement, it hasn't answered any of our countless questions and comments.

Therefore, it seems that the slightest value has not been given to our concerns, and we have no value in the eyes of this stock agency.

Poor all of us...

44 minutes ago, AKaiser said:

And for a reason.

looks like people who came here in last few years do not know what you were in the beginning at shutterstock 10 or so years ago.

it doesn't even matter, but when people were able to check top selling vectors, you were one of the top contributors, like Yuri Arcus but for illustrations. Not one of the top, but top, most selling vector artist in 2010s

some of us remember, and I know you will do just fine without need of any microstock agency at all.

They bragged for a while about paying out 1 billion dollars..whats that translate to in profit I wonder? hmmm?

Yet I get a email about how they need my support during these tough times and even mention the pandemic..lol face palm!