Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

2 minutes ago, eskystudio said:

To be honest, they are lame indeed, there is a name for them (snapshots) and every photographer can easily explain you what is the problem with them, but if you are happy with what you gave got, it is also fine.

Maybe discuss the next steps in concuring the world outside of the forum. Every can read. There must be more SS Employees who have portofolios

Just now, Boycott shutterstock said:

He's so active on this forum, with the same screenshot from a week, showing his great earnings.

But when someone asks him to show an updated screenshot or, even better, detailed earnings, he disappears for a few hours. When he is back, he replies to all apart to these requests.

It Always stays the same. Because SS work with a system. In the beginning see your photos And the end of the year most of the photos are on the bottom. Sometimes a photo of 2018. I sold that one but i was the only one with that picture. Of course terrible qualite. But good enough for SS and the customer

4 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

I don't know, how this discussion started, but this screenshot has nothing to do with serious stats, Stockphotofan.

Maybe you sold a video or some high-priced SOD. That doesn't say anything in the way that you published it here.

Or a video before 1 june, i sold two video 38,98 before the downfall

Hi
I simply want to express my regret for the new sales payment criteria. the gain of 10 cents per photo or illustration is truly humiliating for any author. I don't know exactly what the best answer is for this situation. I'm evaluating. but surely it is necessary to be heard. protest is a right ..

So Shutterstock gets to keep up to 85% of all royalties plus all the royalties from “unused” downloads? 

Sounds great - for them - not for the contributors. 

I’m only a small fish in this sea, but have stopped uploading here. Assuming no changes from Shutterstock, the next step will be disabling my portfolio. 

Great to see so many in this community come together in protesting this injustice. There is an awesome amount of talent and heart here. Proud to be a part of it.

I have sold hundreds of thousands of images on this website. But enough is enough! I have stopped uploading to SS some time ago. First, the acceptance criteria are ridiculous. It's more gambling then anything else. Waste of time. Furthermore I am not willing to sell any new content for fu... 10 Cents. NO WAY! EVER! 

SS has passed its peak. And there are other agencies out there, who pay fair prices and which receive all my new stuff. But no more uploads to Shutterstock. And I hope that a lot of customers might understand this message!  

In last 2 months SS made 2 very bad decision. First - cheap subscription plans for footages, second - new earnings structure. I was very disappointed by first, especially because video contributors did not make any noise about this HUGE BIG BAD step. But now situation is different, photo and vectors community is much bigger.

6 minutes ago, Peter Bocklandt said:

After reading the last 30 pages of this blog, i know for sure nothing is gonna change. SS wins.

It´s not a matter of winning, its a matter of time. Theres a time to express yourself and a time to suck it up. This is the time to say how you feel about it, tomorrow what you say about this won´t matter anymore. Unfortunately companies make there decisions and place they´re bets. My guess is that adobe stock is going to take the lead because no one can compete with the quality and integration they have in they´re platform anyway.

So regardless of weather shutter changes payment structures again and creates new amazing incentives I think they accept that the battle is lost so they are making as much as possible before someone like Getty buys them out. 

I am turned off my 8500 images. Going from .38 cents to .10 cents is a 74% reduction in earnings. SS has not reduced any internal employees earnings. In fact, several top executives make over $1 million dollars and receive lucrative stock options and many executives having been cashing in those stock options since January. So the employees who created customer subscription plans that resulted in losing money and designed a contributor earnings reduction plan get rewarded handsomely.  Pretty Unbelieveable!    

3 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

I don't know, how this discussion started, but this screenshot has nothing to do with serious stats, Stockphotofan.

Maybe you sold a video or some high-priced SOD. That doesn't say anything in the way that you published it here.

This is my screenshot for today - June 8, 20:39 MET. I'm level 4 - in one or two days I'll be level 5. But this won't bring any news. I've deleted some images today. At the end of June I'm going deactivate my port here if its stay like this. 25 cents per download seems to be the reward for the six-figure profits that I have brought shutterstock. I would like to thank you very much for the new and - very important - "fair" royalties.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-08 um 20.27.02.png

5 hours ago, Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51 said:

Thanks a lot Shutterstock, 

This new earning structure is better than the old one, despite what people say, I increase my income since June and sold more photos with better value, I think people don't understand it and should to post more photos with better quality. Don't deactivate your portfolio but work on it, don't waste your time, try to do the best to be chosen by costumers, it's your chance, take it and don't give up

You're missing one important point: many of the contributors who aren't happy with the new scheme are chosen by the customers, only now they earn less. It's not anymore theoretical: it's been proven after a week seeing lots of 0.10 sales that confirm the math some were doing.

So, if you like it, OK, but don't assume those who doesn't is because 1. the don't want to make an effort, 2. their images aren't good. Don't patronize, don't be condescending, at least if you want respect from your colleagues. You're implying we don't understand and don't provide quality content as you do, which is, to say the least, rude and disrespectful.