Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

All contributors reset to level 1 at the beginning of the year. This sounds like a substantial pay cut. Is it? What is the payout I should expect from what a .36 subscription royalty is now? 

Elaborate please. 

A reset in the beginning of each year to LEVEL 1?! So in the beginning of each year we will all be earning 15%? 

"All contributors reset to level 1 for both images and videos every year on January 1st."

I'm hoping you mean that each year you start counting on the 1st of January through to 31st of December... and the total for that year is used to determine what % you will earn for the next year? @Kate Shutterstock could you confirm whether this is the case because if you have to work through each layer every year, I'll be pulling my port and concentrating on dealing with Adobe Stock.

clearly they have now a big incentive also to make everybody not reaching the next level capping your sales...like they now have....in practice since now with the new scheme I'm losing 50 % of sales....considering that sales lever is falling down due to covid and all...it's clear that thi sbusiness is finished. times to sell all gears and move on. 

3 minutes ago, Richard Whitcombe said:

You reset to level 1 every January so drop from 30,35% or whatever down to 15%.  Then have to claw your way up over the next few months to the level you were before.
Which means the first period of the year most people are going to earn *significantly* less.

Worse, video and images are separated out and dont help each other.

This is going to make a HUGE amount of money for SS as for the start of the year they're going to be paying out 50% or so less commissions.

How wonderful, people can fight on less month for months to finally get to the earning tree they were on previously then Bang!  Jan 1st arrives and they're booted off the ladder back to 15% to start clawing back up again.

If anyone doubted the complete and utter contempt SS now has for its contributors this has to remove all doubt.  They've gone full iStock - gleefully winning the race to the bottom.

and people are getting 5 DAYS notice of a pay cut.  At a time when sales are at an all time low anyway.  Great.

At least they didnt even try to start the email with "Exciting news!" this time.

much worst than istock

for me exclusivity at stock is not more an impossible option....ss is losing market and they need money...they are on stock market...they need to squeeze any dollar..

Can you give an example with numbers on how this new structure will infect all of us.
A big disappointment after all these years.... Anyway...
But you found the right solution to gain back lost money after the pandemic by cutting royalties from contributors...
Wise choice! 👏
I am not sure if worth to submit new content after these changes on royalties structure... :(

Looking at my numbers and i think videos are where most people will lose income because of where the tiers are split.

Currently video makes up 40% of my earnings.  Thats could to over half working things out.

*EVERYONE* currently gets 30% of video apparently.  Everyone is going to get that cut to 15% and for non volume sellings not recover.

The tiers are huge, i suspect designed to prevent almost everyone going from level 5 to level 6.