Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

9 hours ago, eskystudio said:

'So far' should be the keyword. There other cases where after impressive first day earnings everythign plummeted. I whish you luck but at this point it is impossible to tell how indicative this is for your future earnings.

Anybody can photoshop. 

See this by Photerloo, showing how to use some assumptions to project out what you could make under new payment structure to compare to past actual months under previous structure.

Also, Jacek Sopotnicki in this vid comments says "Just a little update on Shutterstock rates update: so far we didn't notice drop in our earnings, but minimal income per photo dropped."

On 6/7/2020 at 2:33 AM, Andreas Prott said:

It was just a compliment on the niche you have found and BTW what does the website you are advertising here have to do with the discussion?

It is called a "signature". If it is against forum rules, please let me know.

Just now, stockphotofan1 said:

Silly claim.

Justin

http://www.statisticool.com

I know, but what about the link i dont get it. Of course. Looking to my sales the last years. Fe May 100 dollars. June 23 dollars etc. Every individual wil experience differently with this change. So the first three days. Not bad but for me personally. If you an agreement and then change. Without asking. Already said I have parttime job. And the rest of the time is with my camera and other project. Time is limited. Gambling with putting photos on SS is no priority anymore. Wish luck, stay safe and hopefully sales will go fine

Naamloos.jpg

3 minutes ago, stockphotofan1 said:

See this by Photerloo, showing how to use some assumptions to project out what you could make under new payment structure to compare to past actual months under previous structure.

Also, Jacek Sopotnicki in this vid comments says "Just a little update on Shutterstock rates update: so far we didn't notice drop in our earnings, but minimal income per photo dropped."

Justin

Look for reviews on YouTube about lenses and gear. Although Canon lent me this lens. This is a indepent review:) 

31 minutes ago, stockphotofan1 said:

Justin

all based on assumptions, I don't know what you want with this video anymore

""How does it work?

• These new levels are based on the number of times your content is licensed rather than your lifetime earnings. 
  • All contributors reset to level 1 for both images and videos every year on January 1st.
  • There are separate levels for images and for videos, and you graduate through them independently based on your download count in each category."""

I thought every one get the level according to their download counts from January 2020 till end of May 2020.

I have 2,538 downloads at the end of May 2020. Then on June 1, 2020, I thought I am at level 5 with 35% earning, but If I am at level 5, is this 10 cents represent 35% already?

I really need to know how the 35% calculated from what, please explain or give me any example on calculation?

But if SS set me back to level 1 on June 1, 2020, it is NOT FAIR AT ALL, as SS said will set everyone to level 1 on January 1, not June 1. So, please do consider this again.

I've decided to reactivate my portfolio but only until minimum payout reached as I won't let SS take what is rightfully mine. Once reached my portfolio will again be switched off until SS revert back to a system I can have faith in.

Just now, DutchMen said:

Min pay is 35 dollars, is it worth for that amount of monet to sell 100 photos for min 10 cent. Then freezing again costs three days. etc. And then freezing again. And then...

Yes, because while is bad enough SS are taking 75% of the share then why the hell should I let them take 100%?

I should reach minimum within the week then deactivate the portfolio again. My choice!

Just now, Antony McAulay said:

Yes, because while is bad enough SS are taking 75% of the share then why the hell should I let them take 100%?

I should reach minimum within the week then deactivate the portfolio again. My choice!

I hope it works. I doubt sometimes too. Activate because look all the happy people who say they made profit. But will work for others that way. Good luck and stay safe

I noticed changes in the work of Shutterstock a month ago, when they began not to accept 40 % of photos. And now came the fabulous news - $ 0.10 per photo, which they hardly accept.

Shutterstock was the best, and now it's low stage. Well, I'm CLOSING my PORTFOLIO, and I wish the Directors of Shutterstock to work for $ 0.10 a day!!!:angry:

1 hour ago, Aysezgicmeli said:

Guys,

Some contributors have an idea like staying here with random products and delete the ones require more effort. ( And not uploading high quality content anymore in the future if the packs will not change anyway )

I displayed my portfolio and am waiting to see which further action I should take..

And meanwhile I want to know your opinions.

It would be great if you can share here, your opinions about your future possible action plans. 

( Sorry for my language but especially the ones with high ranks please )

Join this group if you want to do something about this together with other contributors:
www.facebook.com/groups/261369748434285/

10 hours ago, eskystudio said:

Level 5 contributor, his calculation show possible 6% decline of earnings with the key reservation - "That is, of course, if my calculations are right!"
https://backyardsilver.com/shutterstock-payout-changes-likely-impact/

To counterweight his calculations - I'm level 5 too and so far I'm hovering around 50% loss. There are also reports that huge account owners with 100K+ decide to quit based on the first 4 days sample.

I'd be moire than happy if things will happen according to your calculations, though. But nobody tested this new payout scheme and the degree of its predictabiity is a big unknown.

Can you explain to me how you see this 50%? I have read Steve's report because he posted it in other forums too. What he did was to be analytical to each download category but then he applied all these constants to his previous work to see what would have happened "if". I think that this method may have it's flaws as it takes a lot of parameters for granded right now. Like a fixed negative rpd in the Subs, or fixed positive rpd in the OD and EL.

I also read in the forums about a level 6 contributor with alleged more than 500dls a day ... to have a 70% of sub downloads that were below $0.2. That number was not the same for me as these >$0.2 dls are appearing to be ~40% of the total subs.

There are differences like these that won't allow us to make an accurate estimation for ALL the portfolios.

I am not a huge seller on here but when some of my most popular images sell less than 100 times a year, by the time I get to where I was a month ago they will be resetting!? Having just reached maximum subscription rate I know see it fall to 10cents an image... 10cents! Maybe SS just do not want the small earners at all, well their wish will be granted.

I will keep an eye on how SS follow this up but don't think my portfolio will remain here, it is not worth the time keywording takes (and that is practically automatic). :(

the question is: can you afford to lose some money for 2 months?? coz if we all disable our accounts for 2 months, then SS won't have a choice...2 months is all it takes