Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

24 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Please review the first comment in this thread for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.

When the new earnings structure goes into effect, the payout for subscription plans will not be less than 10¢.

It would maybe help calm some nerves if you could provide insight as to which type of sub is the most prevalent purchased by SS buyers. And how much the average buyer pays for an ODD.

10 minutes ago, Richard Whitcombe said:

Ill ask again..

WHEN do people advance a level?

If they hit the number on the 2nd day of the month do they spend that entire month on their lower tier or do they can advanced immediately?  That makes a huge difference to earnings.

Same as today. Folks level up that same day.

Just now, KeremGogus said:

This is not fair on @Kate Shutterstock I think. She really is a lovely and helping person and certainly doing her best. Please don't go too hard on her because of the circumstances out of her control. ❤️

I don't think any of our reactions are aimed at one person. They are aimed at SS corporate who just killed the company.

9 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

This is not correct.

When the new earnings structure goes into effect, the payout for subscription plans will not be less than 10¢.

Ok, but apart "10 cents" mistake does it make sense?

7 minutes ago, JSparrow said:

We want to know other numbers!!! And not an endless mantra about 10c ! We want to know this immediately!

It is only fair to give each of us details as to how this will impact us.  But, apparantely, fair is not the top priority for Shutterstock.

Just now, Photography by Adri said:

Bottom right of Account Settings.

Yes, I edited my post. That support article I linked is outdated, the screenshot is old. There are only 2 options now. Even that they cannot get right. Just WoW. Anyway, if anyone wants to deactivate their account, or delete it entirely, see here.

32 minutes ago, samoyloff said:

If it's designed to reward content creators, why everyone will get paid less than now?

they forgot a few words: the content creators from SS' accounting team

How about those reviewers? They are also contributors. Are they motivated by the new earning structure? Would it be worse to pass our images to reviewer? Or they simply quicken the review process to further lower the quality of the data base? Any way, noting is serious any more....

Kate, I understand that you are just the messenger and that you cannot share informations that you have not.

But there's one thing I can share with you: have you understood that, the way things are going, it won't be long before you lose your job? You and a few others.
I'll miss you, I really will.

This is nothing but pure GREED. I have requested that my account be closed and all of my assets removed from this service. 

What a slap in the face to your content creators - SHAME!!!

4 minutes ago, KeremGogus said:

This is not fair on @Kate Shutterstock I think. She really is a lovely and helping person and certainly doing her best. Please don't go too hard on her because of the circumstances out of her control. ❤️

They call this Stockholm syndrome. 

Well, I forsee the portfolio of a lot of people finally becoming passive "income". Stopping all uploads if this is really headed the direction 99.9% of us seem to believe it is. This was never passive income and I always hated that term, now it seems it will finally become that.

That is of course, if we don't decide to fully delete our accounts.

looks like they've removed the option to not sell licences for your images thus if you want to stop selling you will have to remove all images yourself.
The bastards have really thought of everything. Sleep well in hell.

Edit: Found out we still have the option. I think I'll be activating that option in the near future.

Just now, Antony McAulay said:

looks like they've removed the option to not sell licences for your images thus if you want to stop selling you will have to remove all images yourself.
The bastards have really thought of everything. Sleep well in hell.

It's still there.

2 minutes ago, Maxal Tamor said:

Kate, I understand that you are just the messenger and that you cannot share informations that you have not.

But there's one thing I can share with you: have you understood that, the way things are going, it won't be long before you lose your job? You and a few others.
I'll miss you, I really will.

exactly...ss growth this year will be catastrophic and next year more...they will close the door like any photo agency...

Classic bait and switch.

Have everyone upload at a certain earnings structure, then suddenly reduce it.

Seems I wasted 10 years of uploading.

How do you people sleep at night?

Just paused my account. I'm not depending on Shutterstock. 

If WE ALL DO THAT they will withdraw the new payment system. 

It's clearly up to you. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 21.28.50.png

1 minute ago, eskystudio said:

Exactly. I can't imagine how I could do this. Its just unfathomable froma  moral perspective.

at least put a black scarf in profile...and try to write the fact that micro stock industry is collapsing and the only way they can survive he's at ur expenses....all those reward possibilities new chances ...U N B E L I E V A B L E