Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

2 hours ago, Boris Stroujko said:

Yesterday I've sold 59 images on subscription for average 15 cents per image, resulting in 9.08$ revenue - maybe the worst day in years. With a couple of on demands yesterday averaged with 26 cent per image.

Today I've sold 65 images for $15.95, making 25 cents per image on subscription. The day average is 44 cents per image. Better as yesterday, but not qiute 65 cents SS lifetime per download average. Even the bad last monthes had the same average of 65-68 cents per image. The downloads went down during corona crisis, not per image revenues. I had no big extended sales though, so the question what the average will look like on longer terms will only be answered on the end of the month.

I'm not very pessimistic, but I believe now there will be some cut in our earnings. We'll see to which degree.

Yeah, i feel you, I can say we have similar niche and I have similar downloads and the sales are really bad.

Maximum I got as level 5 is 20 cents in subs which is really really bad compared with 38 cents before.

P.S. Your portfolio is really nice source of inspiration where to travel in the future. :)

image.thumb.png.b026a0fce94ef1a25ac06ed1149fb71f.png

I have only 500 images on ss, almost all sells for 0.25, average per image 0.54 for all my sells. Been working hard to go to level up in old system to get a bit over 0.30

for minimum. Since last uploads which was nearly year ago I'm working hard to prepare next upload; plenty images from travels: morocco, poland, uk , wildlife shots and some editorial. Now Im happy that I havent wasted my time for ss. 

Now Im going to focus propably in alamy and adobe stock.

Now even if they bring back old system (which not going to happend) is not enough. Bad impresion will stay here.

zzzz.jpg

I want my photos and illustrations back!
I am a small author, until a few days ago I had 390 images (4 pages) on Shutterstock. Today I activated the licensing options to block sales. Now in my portfolio only 167 images (2 pages) result! Even the most purchased images have disappeared ... a coincidence? I was close to my first payment and now maybe I won't see my money Shutterstock has already made money on. I want an answer right away! 

@Kate Shutterstock Where are my works?

I hope Shutterstock remains an empty box.

Schermata 2020-06-05 alle 22.00.34.png

Schermata 2020-06-05 alle 22.02.56.png

This looks like a huge scam from SS.  It makes no sense at all, even high level contributors receive LESS. 

So basically SS just cut all peoples earnings and told us it would be fair? What is it - communism (taking from rich, giving some to poor and the 95% to themselves)?

Hey Shutterstock,

I now feel like a malnourished sick laying hen, crammed into a dark shed with 10,000 other featherless hens who have never seen the sunlight. And now I press another egg out of my backside for 10 cents, just because the changes in the market demand it and the sellers make it possible.

You also have a responsibility to the customer not to follow every cheap trend. Quality has a price and that should be the top selling point!  You can also educate the customer!

I really think about whether I should still press, because under these circumstances I simply cannot deliver quality anymore!

I want to opt out of sales but I don't have the questions "How can we license your work" anywhere in my settings? Am I missing something??? I selected No under Licensing options. 

"To opt out of sales, log into your account and navigate to the Account Settings page from the drop-down menu under your name in the top right corner of the page. Scroll down to the section How can we license your work? and select No for the sales options."

17 minutes ago, Ania Kulbinska said:

No, thanks! I'm out.

Guys, for those of you who say- we need to do something about this- the only thing you can do is take your work elsewhere. Stop contributing or even better, close your account. Do something with your actions. I'll never come back to Shutterstock, even if they announce a new appealing payout. I'm done. Thieves. 

True. Disgusting to treat us like that, nothing going to change, even if ss bring back old system I dont care, it was already bad and now is just joke. I will have more time for alamy and adobe.

zzzz.jpg

zzzz2.jpg

there is talk of negotiating.
Negotiate down, not even talk. They lower you a lot, then they raise something, but lower than at the beginning. That is not a victory. We all have to win. The problem is the packs of more than 300 photos for large advertising or news agencies that pay a disgrace. These packs have to disappear, because if a large company of these cannot pay about 700 dollars or more a month for 300 photos, they had better close.

2 hours ago, Paolo Savegnago said:

I want my photos and illustrations back!
I am a small author, until a few days ago I had 390 images (4 pages) on Shutterstock. Today I activated the licensing options to block sales. Now in my portfolio only 167 images (2 pages) result! Even the most purchased images have disappeared ... a coincidence? I was close to my first payment and now maybe I won't see my money Shutterstock has already made money on. I want an answer right away! 

@Kate Shutterstock Where are my works?

I hope Shutterstock remains an empty box.

Schermata 2020-06-05 alle 22.00.34.png

Schermata 2020-06-05 alle 22.02.56.png

Edit:

As it appears you have also downvoted the answer to your question, I'll remove it for you and you can go about your business and look it up in your time instead. Good choice. 

52 minutes ago, Ania Kulbinska said:

I want to opt out of sales but I don't have the questions "How can we license your work" anywhere in my settings? Am I missing something??? I selected No under Licensing options. 

"To opt out of sales, log into your account and navigate to the Account Settings page from the drop-down menu under your name in the top right corner of the page. Scroll down to the section How can we license your work? and select No for the sales options."

Yes if you selected no under license options you did it correctly. It take a couple of days to completely turn off 

14 minutes ago, Scorsby said:

I'm not sure what you did but if I explain both ways you should understand from that. 

If you chose to opt out of sales on video and photos then all sales stop. You will notice that your portfolio amount number drops to zero. This will take a few hours but can take a few days depending on how busy they are. Quite busy at the moment I would guess. 

If after a few days you decides to opt back in, switch on sales then it takes a bit longer for your photos to come back. For me it took about 3 days. Occasionally they dont all come back, I was missing about 40 maybe a few less of the most recent photos. This happened to me. So I contacted support and even though they didnt acknowledge the email some more have returned this evening. Hopefully the last few will turn up too. 

Hope that answers your question.

Why turn them back on?

Like many others, I have decided that it is no longer worth selling with Shutterstock. I used the contact form yesterday to ask for my account to be deactivated, and today received an email saying that the question I submitted was about to close. I never received an actual response so I don't know why my question would close within 24 hours... has anyone successfully deactivated their account, and if so, have you paid our your outstanding balance if less than $35?

Also, my images slowly disappeared from my portfolio over the past few days after I opted to stop licensing, but before I requested my account be deactivated. That seems really weird that my images would disappear from my own account page just by turning off licensing, even though my account is still active as of now. Not that it really matters at this point, but does anyone know why that is happening? Thanks.

What I'm earning now isn't even worth putting more pictures on Shutterstock, it's incredible, 10¢ for each picture, it drove my motivation down quite a bit... I'm making almost nothing now for my work...

chrome_0WBVt0KSdu.png