Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

8 minutes ago, DutchMen said:

But selling two photos for 20 dollars does not make u rich

But this is all true, or nothing! It is very difficult to influence shutterstock politics, but I think this is a temporary measure!

1 hour ago, Robert L Kothenbeutel said:

How do I disable my account?

Thanks

Bob

Hi Bob

To disable sales:

Dashboard > click your name > Account Settings

Then in the box at bottom, right side called "Licensing Options", click NO for both Image Sales and Footage Sales.  You should then get an email telling you that your sales for both has been turned off.

oohh goody again - just got an email to say I have been elevated to level 2. That means instead of getting 10c I will be getting 10c. Such joy! (not)

Please Adobe Stock, start accepting editorial images

Merhaba öncelikle arkadaşlar.
shutterstock, yeni kazanç sistemi ile yaptığımız çabaları görmezden geliyor. Bu yeni kazanç sistemini protesto ediyoruz. Biz en kısa sürede yapılan bu hatadan dönmek istiyoruz. Günlerdir yaptığımız shutterstock ekibini görmezden gelerek yaptığımız bu mükemmel işten bizi serinletmeye çalışıyorsunuz. Biz katılımcılar yaptığınız bu hatayı protesto ediyoruz. Bu hatanın mümkün olan en kısa sürede iade edilmesini istiyoruz.
Teşekkür ederim.

I obviously haven't read every post contained in the last 180 pages of contributions but I think that 99.9% of them if not 100% show a negative and for many an extremely bitter reaction to this latest announcement. This "Hot Off the Press", exclusive announcement from the Shutterstock hierarchy following the violent backlash is interesting. "We here at Shutterstock have reconsidered our position following the unprecedented backlash to the recent commission scale adjustment and are alarmed by the many threats made by contributors to close their accounts and withdraw their portfolio's. Therefore following an extremely casual and meaningless  consideration of what our contributors have said, we are pleased to announce that WE STILL DON'T GIVE A TOSS ABOUT YOU. In the infamous words of the mayor in the Pied Piper of Hamelin we say,

`How?'' cried the Chairman, ``d'ye think I brook
Being worse treated than a Cook?
Insulted by a lazy 
ribald
With idle pipe and vesture piebald?
You threaten us, fellow? Do your worst,
Blow your pipe there till you burst!''

11 hours ago, Marafona said:

«И не хочу, чтобы ты  побеспокоил себя, убедив меня, что я не прав»

Хорошо, тогда я выполню вашу просьбу .. Я не буду убеждать вас, что вы не правы !!

Может быть, я ошибаюсь, не мешая себе, если я ошибаюсь .. кого это волнует?

То, чему меня научила жизнь, это то, что современное рабство не имеет ничего общего с цветом кожи, но вместо этого имеет недостаток достоинства.

In Russia there is a joke on this subject. The employer grabbed the employee by the throat and squeezed it tightly. The worker screamed that he had nothing to breathe. But the employer squeezed his throat even more. The worker wheezed in agony. Then the employer loosened his grip a little. The worker whispered barely audibly: this is how it suits
It seems that the respected Oleksiy Arsenyuk offers exactly this - not 0.10, but 0.15$ :)

8 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

AD does not sell good for all authors. It is not some top place to migrate there at all!

Thats because many customers ar using SS. If there are no more new and fresh content they will look elsewhere.

I have stoped upload new vectors in SS sometime ago. I have concentrated on Adobe since Shutesrtock changed vector upload process.

18 minutes ago, mikroman6 said:

There are around 1M contributors in SS, does current respond to the insult look like 99.9% are engaged? This post have only 4483 replyies.

JOIN --------->     https://www.facebook.com/groups/261369748434285/    <----------

• 4,483 replies4,483 replies
  • 4,483replies 

Don't really know what you are saying but I know what I said which was effectively that 99.9% to 100% of the responses in this thread are negative. I made no reference to the entire 1m contributors.

16 minutes ago, mikroman6 said:

There are around 1M contributors in SS, does current respond to the insult look like 99.9% are engaged? This post have only 4483 replyies.

JOIN --------->     https://www.facebook.com/groups/261369748434285/    <----------

• 4,483 replies4,483 replies
  • 4,483replies 

Many might still not know what's happening at shutterstock. I didn't realise until I saw a post on another microstock forum and then decided to visit this forum once again (last time was two years ago ...)
And, equally as many who do this more or less as hobbyists, I didn't understand at first what this new paying structure meant. Now I know.
Disabled my photos, vectors and videos und deleted the best of them already, because I feel insulted by this change. The rest will follow as soon as I find the time.
As a buyer ... well, I still have a subscription which I promptly set to terminate. But I will use the rest of my payed downloads, because otherwise the whole money will go to shutterstock. If I use the downloads, at least a small percentage will stay with the contributors.

I feel very let down by Shutterstock. At one point in time, to be accepted as a contributor here was almost an honour and getting in was not easy with the old seven out of ten exam. This was the number-one stock agency - the one by which all others were judged and I guess that discerning clients knew that too. 

Acceptance standards have gradually been eroded, the exam was dumped and for a long while shutterstock's servers were being filled with lots of very low quality stuff (or, to be blunt - unadulterated crap) much of which is still clogging up the system. Shutterstock's business model has moved from that of a high end retail outlet to one of a car boot sale. Loyal contributors have literally been kicked to the curb with what feels like complete contempt.

The earnings cut taken by SS seemed too high before the changes, now it is just robbery. I'm lucky, this has been just a hobby to me but I'll not be uploading anything new here now and everytime I see that I've been given $0.10 for a sub, it feels like salt is being rubbed into a wound (I know how much work I've put in to making some of those images) so I'll also probably be suspending my port shortly.      

"We are making this adjustment in order to reflect changes in the market for creative content, help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors, and reward performance with greater earnings potential."

I admit it a very original way of stealing, but as a joke it is in bad taste Shutterstock.
I do not understand how going from earning $0.33 to $0.10 or the minimum of $0.08 which all collaborators will start the year, can be an opportunity to create new and original content.
My time and effort are worth more than that despite having a small portfolio.