Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

22 minutes ago, MilsiArt said:

And you did not even disabled 200K image portfolio. Way to go dude!

I disabled my portfolio, where did you get the information that I didn't?

Just now, DutchMen said:

You have one photo left

Yes. That one is from my last batch uploaded here. A bit less of 3700 illustrations, photos and editorials are now disabled.

2 minutes ago, Pure Sight lab said:

I disabled my portfolio, where did you get the information that I didn't?

I see them LIVE for sales.

so if you only sell 0,10 images, you need 1000 sales to make 100$ dollars a month ............i'm used to making around a 100 sales a month...boy oh boy this is bad and on Jan 01 selling "on demand" images won't make any difference...

Just now, MilsiArt said:

I see them LIVE for sales.

And nothing can be sold cause of gap between disabling and hiding from live. You know nothing but make cringe here.

Clipboard02.jpg

2 minutes ago, MilsiArt said:

Yes. That one is from my last batch uploaded here. A bit less of 3700 illustrations, photos and editorials are now disabled.

So if everybody here works together. How many photos can the sell. My photos from Bob Geldof, Dutch Royal Family. In couple of days all gone. The photos from the Mayor of Amsterdam all gone. You cant make 19000 photos like me if you dont work 24/7 What did you photograph?

Portfolio disabled too, out of solidarity. Before this change, the time spent in uploading photos did not worth the money in exchange (at least for a European, maybe in countries where salaries and cost of living are lower it was good). It was a fun hobby more than a business. Now the fun has gone away

5 minutes ago, Pixeljoy said:

I am not uploading new images to SS anymore. I suggest those who are still uploading images, submit the smallest image sizes that are allowed. Your work is worth more than 10c.

4.112 how many photos did you have?

not everyone can afford to disable/delete portfolios. some rely on the income to put food in mouths and a roof over their head. we should remember who the common ENEMY now is, SS for even forcing us to make such a choice

11 minutes ago, DutchMen said:

Did you ask me or something? I disabled the sales so 0% maybe be sold, my entire portfolio soon will disappear from search, right now it should show error while trying to buy.

1 minute ago, Pure Sight lab said:

Did you ask me or something? I disabled the sales so 0% maybe be sold, my entire portfolio soon will disappear from search, right know it should show error while trying to buy.

Just looking how fast the photos are freezed. I everybody freezes there account then SS does not make money.  

Just now, DutchMen said:

Just looking how fast the photos are freezed. I everybody freezes there account then SS does not make money.  

My sales are zero so SS will make zero but we have the trust them that they dont sell my photos

3 minutes ago, Pixeljoy said:

I have not disabled my portfolio. I wait and see.

You wait and let others fill their pockets with YOUR 2/3 of sale price? Great mindset you have indeed!

10 hours ago, Maxal Tamor said:

Next year they will be (a very little) part of Adobe Stock…

Adobe is not gonna by a sinking ship, if they are smart the expand themselfs. The you dont have to give personal a place in your company.That is how it work in the Netherlands

On 5/26/2020 at 5:30 PM, Kate Shutterstock said:

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjustment in order to reflect changes in the market for creative content, help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors, and reward performance with greater earnings potential. 

Starting on June 1st, 2020, your earnings for each license will be based on your Image Level or your Video Level.  

earnings-for-images-forum.png.89c1b679a14834960f019668d0f028d0.png

earnings-for-videos-forum.png.803eddaf31ab4c904b5d8d660bc0495a.png

On June 1, you will be placed in an Image Level and a Video Level based on your download count so far in 2020. The email you receive today will let you know which levels you are in as of this morning. 

How does it work?

• These new levels are based on the number of times your content is licensed rather than your lifetime earnings. 
  • All contributors reset to level 1 for both images and videos every year on January 1st.
  • There are separate levels for images and for videos, and you graduate through them independently based on your download count in each category.

You are quit Kate, i dont see posts from you

21 minutes ago, crbellette said:

not everyone can afford to disable/delete portfolios. some rely on the income to put food in mouths and a roof over their head. we should remember who the common ENEMY now is, SS for even forcing us to make such a choice

I agree: we can't demand, you don't know the situation, some people need to eat and they have no any jobs.

Sadly, my income become 10+ times worse if compare to pre-corona period and now I cut off this joke. But if someone has money from SS which is enough for surviving I wish them good luck. They aren't enemies. Just people in need. I wish I could have at least something, too. But no.