Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

I installed a link in my instagram to my portfolio on Adobe (previously there was a link to the shutter). Advertising must be given to the selling sites. )))

On 5/26/2020 at 5:30 PM, Kate Shutterstock said:

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjustment in order to reflect changes in the market for creative content, help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors, and reward performance with greater earnings potential. 

Starting on June 1st, 2020, your earnings for each license will be based on your Image Level or your Video Level.  

earnings-for-images-forum.png.89c1b679a14834960f019668d0f028d0.png

earnings-for-videos-forum.png.803eddaf31ab4c904b5d8d660bc0495a.png

On June 1, you will be placed in an Image Level and a Video Level based on your download count so far in 2020. The email you receive today will let you know which levels you are in as of this morning. 

How does it work?

• These new levels are based on the number of times your content is licensed rather than your lifetime earnings. 
  • All contributors reset to level 1 for both images and videos every year on January 1st.
  • There are separate levels for images and for videos, and you graduate through them independently based on your download count in each category.

Hello, Kate,

is there any truth to any of this? I just got only $2.58 each for two on-demand downloads. I don't know of any on-demand purchase model that leads to a value of $2.58.

Please explain this!!!

32 minutes ago, C2Hvectorist said:

Adobe Stock, Alamy, 123RF, Depositphoto, Dreamstime, Freepik and much more.

Freepik??? Freepik he is largely to blame for Shutter's having made this decision. Contributors earn a commission of € 0.10 per download. There are no other types of commissions. They have attracted many buyers with very cheap prices, and many contributors because they have many downloads. It is a Spanish company and has recently been bought by the Swedish investment fund EQT for around 250 million euros. What a strategy !! And all based on contributors who sell their images for € 0.10. I hope Freepik contributors don't complain that Shutterstock does the same. What a disgrace !!

36 minutes ago, Amir Bajric said:

I will never understand this absence of emotion with the capitalists

Oh, they get emotional... over a plate of gray Beluga caviar and a bottle of vintage Taittinger...

Как раз тогда, когда вы думаете, что Shutterstock не может полностью и полностью испортить вкладчиков, и больше вы пошли и сделали это.

По сути, с январским сбросом каждый получает 20% или более доходов до новой смехотворной крошечной суммы, и потребуются месяцы, чтобы вернуть себе уровень, который они зарабатывали ранее.

Таким образом, большинство людей собираются проводить большую часть года вдвое или меньше, чем они получают в настоящее время.

Для большинства пользователей это сокращение на 50% +. Вы опустились до уровня презрения к авторам.

Почему, черт возьми, кто-то собирается беспокоиться о том, чтобы подавать на комиссию 15 или 20% каждый год ?!

Мне лично снится, что рано или поздно в блокчейне для творческих людей появится глобальная сеть, которая освободит создателей от жадных посредников.

I deactivated my images a few days ago, but there are still 231 showing online. 

Why would Shutterstock still show my images? Now they are misleading clients by pretending to have content they do not have. It gets more and more fraudulent here.

I disabled my portfolio 2 days ago. Just for experimentation of how much time it takes for my photos to come back in sales, I enabled it yesterday. No photo came back till now and more than 3,500 photos of the 6,500 of my portfolio are out of sale, lost somewhere in the unknown!!! Today I am trying to disable  my portfolio again and it does not allow me saying that I did it too many times today but guess what... it was only one!!! I am so frustrated and angry for all this mockery... 

Shutterstock shouldn't think I'll ever upload photos again if I don't make any money and you can keep filling your pockets!

My earnings at your site was a nice extra, but uploading and describing each picture is no longer worth the effort after adjusting the earnings

I sell (much) fewer images on other stock sites, but I get paid a lot more per image and therefore much more annually than at Shutterstock!

Now that you drop your contributors I drop you and focus on the better paying stock sites!!

23 minutes ago, Georgios Tsichlis said:

I disabled my portfolio 2 days ago. Just for experimentation of how much time it takes for my photos to come back in sales, I enabled it yesterday. No photo came back till now and more than 3,500 photos of the 6,500 of my portfolio are out of sale, lost somewhere in the unknown!!! Today I am trying to disable  my portfolio again and it does not allow me saying that I did it too many times today but guess what... it was only one!!! I am so frustrated and angry for all this mockery... 

crazy, Mine took 3 days to go offline completely. Dont plan on changing it back cause it just hurts to see 10 cts. It feels really bad.

I have already unsubscribed my portfolio, more than 9000 photos. Every time I see these outrageous commissions, my stomach turns.

Bye, bye

Wish that we all stay together here and leave shutterstock.

May this be a sign also for the other stock agencies that we are not ready to work for nothing.

I follow all photographers which had already left shutterstock, and hope that a lot of you will also do the same. 

Bye-bye, shutterstock.

22 minutes ago, Yanas said:

I see that the new conditions have become a big disappointment for fans to load any garbage

If you think you are above all of us...............

50 minutes ago, Maxal Tamor said:

Oh, they get emotional... over a plate of gray Beluga caviar and a bottle of vintage Taittinger...

How many of our hours of life do they take from us in each sip and bite?

8 hours ago, Pixellicious Photos said:

Got a response from 120 contributors. 52% of us are willing to keep the account going without any further contributions while 43% seems to have disabled sales on their portfolio.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17W6ZtvwTm23Vc8vGcBw17NWFF3S4aSQoJm5Ay_ES5Hs/edit#responses

What about those who Will keep the account and Will keep contributing? Do you mind adding this option in? I suspect there will be many of those still and the current questionnaire doesn't caputre that category. 

12 minutes ago, Jake Sorensen said:

If you truly want to make a difference help us fight back and join the Stock Submitters Coalition. Exciting things are happening.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/261369748434285/

Just curious - how is this group going to help? Is it just more of the same (justifiable) complaining, or is there a specific purpose? Why is it different than this board. Just asking, not being rude...

1 minute ago, Kirk Fisher said:

Just curious - how is this group going to help? Is it just more of the same (justifiable) complaining, or is there a specific purpose? Why is it different than this board. Just asking, not being rude...

One of the rules within the group is that we don't want the feed to be a bunch of complaints but specific actions. The ultimate goal of the coalition is to be a driving force in helping companies that license video and images know which stock agencies have the most fair agreements with contributors and guide them in that direction for acquiring content. The Coalition is currently in talks with several stock agencies. 

Just now, Jake Sorensen said:

One of the rules within the group is that we don't want the feed to be a bunch of complaints but specific actions. The ultimate goal of the coalition is to be a driving force in helping companies that license video and images know which stock agencies have the most fair agreements with contributors and guide them in that direction for acquiring content. The Coalition is currently in talks with several stock agencies. 

Interesting and sounds like a positive thing. Thanks for the answer. 

53 minutes ago, Cappelletti_pictures said:

crazy, Mine took 3 days to go offline completely. Dont plan on changing it back cause it just hurts to see 10 cts. It feels really bad.

i suppose are thousands of contributors that turn offline simultanously their images...

I have been on Shutterstock for over 5 years now and I have never posted on the forum. But this is a extraordinary enough occurrence to make me express my profound disappointment with them.  Earning 10 p per picture is literally giving them away for free. Every single one of those pictures are our own efforts, time away from family for some, money from our own pocket spent for equipment, hours of self learning or paying for photography courses and I could go on and on. There are plenty of other SS competitors who would love to take my hard work and wouldn’t take the mickey when it comes to rewarding it. So sadly this collaboration has to come to an end. Already disabled all my work here. There’s only right thing to in circumstances like this. Don’t hold back!

5501239B-7D9B-4C9A-9892-1F8B9E7FE981.jpeg