Jump to content

New earnings structure for Contributors


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Hi Kathy,

All commissions will be calculated as a percent (depending on your earnings level) of the price per asset the customer paid. This is the same for subscriptions, for on-demand packs, enhanced licenses, partnership deals, any new things that can be invented or imagined. 

You can check the plans and pricing page and do some calculating about what this means for commissions at the various levels. We show list prices for subscriptions and on demand sales. Remember that when the new earnings structure goes into effect, the payout for subscription plans will not be less than 10¢.

 

We have done exactly that.  Thats how we have values of 6 cents.  So "not less than 10 cents" cant possibly be a percentage fix.

Another very important detail is WHEN do people advance a level?  Is it immediately when they hit a figure?  Is it the end of that month?  Because it its monthly thats even worse than thought.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Eric Urquhart said:

Is anyone willing to shut their port off on May 31?

 

I am.  Will focus exclusively on my other three agencies and may add a fourth.  SS has made it clear they're not serious anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Richard Whitcombe said:

Ive asked a few times what the MAXIMUM will be. No answer.

 

Why isnt there a full updated earnings schedule uploaded ready to go?  Or havent SS got round to deciding what to charge yet?  After all, 5 day to go. Loads of time...

Hi Richard,

There is no maximum. 

Earnings schedule will be updated when the new structure is in effect. The current page is accurate for today. 

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Hi Kathy,

All commissions will be calculated as a percent (depending on your earnings level) of the price per asset the customer paid. This is the same for subscriptions, for on-demand packs, enhanced licenses, partnership deals, any new things that can be invented or imagined. 

You can check the plans and pricing page and do some calculating about what this means for commissions at the various levels. We show list prices for subscriptions and on demand sales. Remember that when the new earnings structure goes into effect, the payout for subscription plans will not be less than 10¢.

Our sales team works with enterprise clients worldwide to secure large deals with different prices that aren't listed here. For those deals, your commissions will be calculated just the same: your level's percent times the price per asset the client paid.

Thanks.

Kate - there is no place to get the sales information.  There is no way to calculate what I can expect.  Perhaps you need to show me april sales as they are, and as they would have been to show me the effect of this new thing.  Nothing less than 10 cents means a 70% drop in sales.  Did your income go down that much? There is no trust that SS is doing right by contributors.  The policy is stated like it is a good thing, but, until there is a side by side comparison, we have no idea.  Each customer pays a different price, and we are expected to "TRUST" that the accounting will be done right?  PROVE IT

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Duncan Andison said:

Easy.... $0.10

Seriously, if someone has a 700 a month sub package and they only use 200, I bet we still get the value based on the 700... I really don't think they've thought through exactly how angry people will be, and what happened to IS as a result.

Good point. 700 sub package and only 100 downloaded would be 1,99 for an image and we would get 10c. That is 1,89 for Shutterstock. That is 5% not 35%. Easy game. And we would never find out. Simple. Clean. Brutal

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Hi Kathy,

All commissions will be calculated as a percent (depending on your earnings level) of the price per asset the customer paid. This is the same for subscriptions, for on-demand packs, enhanced licenses, partnership deals, any new things that can be invented or imagined. 

You can check the plans and pricing page and do some calculating about what this means for commissions at the various levels. We show list prices for subscriptions and on demand sales. Remember that when the new earnings structure goes into effect, the payout for subscription plans will not be less than 10¢.

Our sales team works with enterprise clients worldwide to secure large deals with different prices that aren't listed here. For those deals, your commissions will be calculated just the same: your level's percent times the price per asset the client paid.

Thanks.

fantastic deals so u get 1 cent...they are not even bold to write exactly we are getting 10 cent for 80% of our sales....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me guess. The next "exciting opportunity" will be raising the payout limit to $1000 and happily pocketing all the unclaimed funds, because it's nearly impossible to earn real money now.

I'm super tiny potatoes but even I have enough self respect not to sell images for a freaking dime. I can make more money off the sidewalk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Abigail McCann said:

Let me guess. The next "exciting opportunity" will be raising the payout limit to $1000 and happily pocketing all the unclaimed funds, because it's nearly impossible to earn real money now.

I'm super tiny potatoes but even I have enough self respect not to sell images for a freaking dime. I can make more money off the sidewalk.

Well BigStock has a waiting period on earnings if you dont meet payout and they are owned by SS......

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kathy Hutchins said:

Kate - there is no place to get the sales information.  There is no way to calculate what I can expect.  Perhaps you need to show me april sales as they are, and as they would have been to show me the effect of this new thing.  Nothing less than 10 cents means a 70% drop in sales.  Did your income go down that much? There is no trust that SS is doing right by contributors.  The policy is stated like it is a good thing, but, until there is a side by side comparison, we have no idea.  Each customer pays a different price, and we are expected to "TRUST" that the accounting will be done right?  PROVE IT

 

yes is this....they not tell you...if you count 100% of sub..let's say 75 % are subs from big pack and 25%  from smaller...i doubt it's like this but sit'a na example....so you get a small increase in smaller with a 35% or 30& and a giant lost with the 75% subs from big pack, probably 10 cent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a suggestion for you guys:

Leave the JUNK on Shutterstock, they LOVE JUNK.

Sell the top quality images somewhere else and dump every piece of junk here, they accept anything, literally ANYTHING.

There's portfolios with millions of ridiculous images so whenever you take 10 shots, put the quality ones on a respectful agency and dump the rest here.

So let's make this place exactly what it is: A LANDFILL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
I would like to give one advice to the SS.
In addition to reducing payments, I propose to introduce a photo presentation algorithm that will allow the sale  up to 500 images.
Why overpay?
There are 100,000,000 images that have not yet been sold, and 100,000 suppliers who have never sold more than 500 images a year.
 
It will be fair. Everyone will get 15%

Ha, ha :)))
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...