Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

1 hour ago, DutchMen said:

Iam now uploading 3000 photos to Pond 5. and added 100's of my photos to eyeem. Been working since 6 in the morning. This will take a month. Sold 100 dollar (40 % for the artist)

Pond5 accept vector? It is more for footage right?

23 minutes ago, Editable line icons said:

@Kate Shutterstock

Can you explain where te money goes after closing my account? It's still for sale up to 72 hours after closing down, still nobody get anymore sales/money in that period directly after closing. So where is that money? We know there had to be sales so don't come with lies. it's very strongly looking like your stealing from a lot of people.

No respect for contributors is one thing, but this is actual crime. 

Please explain yourself.

@Kate Shutterstock

Yes, please explain where the money goes after deactivating the portfolio. I have a few top sellers in some categories and they are still showing for sale. If they have sold, why is it not appearing in my earnings account??? Please explain. 

Hey, thanks for the "Jelly-of-the-Month Club Subscription!" Guess I won't be putting in a pool...

Seriously, SS, if you were trying to dump a bunch of pesky contributors, then well done! Congrats!

1 hour ago, AsiaTravel said:

I don't argue that commissions level will decrease earnings, I just meant that the worst part of the new structure is that they pay only effective downloads and whatever your level, you will have mostly subs around 15 ct on average, and all year round. In the past, I made more than 450 usd in one single day, so I know expensive licence exist (at leat in the past...)

Here I completely agree. In the past they calculated an average payout for images given the whole income, now they are taking the difference of paid and not used images for themselves only. So we just wait and see how much it will turn out to be.

1 hour ago, DutchMen said:

I dont think the person In India who maybe makes 100 dollars. Is happy. 100 dollars in India. The you rich b.tch

You mis one thing, in India like everywhere, camera, computers, lenses, HDD, etc cost the same price. I can even say that in India, Russia, Ukraine, etc all this equipment costs 5 - 15% more than in Europe and USA. Imagine to have to buy $5000 of equipment with $100 of monthly earnings…

1 hour ago, Aaron of L.A. Photography said:

It is something that those that claim to remove photos and video but never do it shows you are in solidarity with Shutterstock change. So if you are going to remove them do it. But don't be Hypocritical about it or lie about it. That makes you a untrustworthy individual. 

Many people, like me, wait until they receive the May money before they close or deactivate the portfolio.

1 minute ago, Marco Taliani de Marchio said:

Regarding Eyeem, without a watermark are you not afraid of illegal downloads?

There are people who steal. That is something you can try to protect. But not 100%. You cant save with a browser at eyeem (sofar i know i use edge, others also not). On This site just left mouse click.  And just dowloaded a small jpeg from u. Just try it Information 240x240 240 pixels. 14.6 bytes. For me useless. So Eyeem i can save only with printscreen. But the quality will not be good. So for users who wanna have good quality?.

I thougt about your idea when i started with different agencies. If somebody steals my photo. Any agency saids you sold a photo. But i dont know if that is true. Mayby 5 and they pay 1. So that is trust between you and the agencies. Last month i sold 200 photos. I only know fe it is sold in Tokyo. That is for me the fun of SS. I Know which country. My photos have been sold all over the world. But i dont know who bought them and what they did with it. For What.? I dont have a registry with names. SS and others have.Where they have gone and if they have been stolen?. I sold at SS in about 2-3 years 4216 downloads, photos and videos. I only saw one time a photo in a tv programm. It was bought 35 cents. And now 10 cts. But all the other ones i dont know. Can be stollen

I can buy a landscape from you. Change it with photoshop and sell as my own. That is what some companies do.  By the way you have nice photos. I can use your great picture about the lab assistent. Change the colors. Change colors of the eyes. Change her color skin. And i sell that photo as my own. Or paste it at a different background on it. But i am not an expert. I hope SS is

And now SS is selling photos for 10ct. For criminals a joke. They buy 1000's. And you have trust the rust of the world. SS makes your photos a cheap product. Which can be bought by bulk. Great all kinds of new photos and better photoshop products are created.  And sold on SS or just by Ikea. Now for 10cts. Google the famous painting by Ikea. Bicycle in color the rest in black and white . They sold a lot. But is joke to the contributor. And SS made a profit. I am not an expert my collegue showed me an artist. What he does is take photo and make funny photos. Fe you see down You and then person fixes you between Trump, Nelson Mandella, Elvis Presley. Realley beautiful and now he can by your photo for 10 cts. Or get it from a friend (stolen?). SS sell all our photos, Gives it to the world for 10 cts. Where they are going?

The amount of SS sell was probally the best because they were the best. The have a lot of costumers. So for contributors interesting. Especially Video. The last month i got from ss for a video 39,98 (two times sold). So interesting for me. I wanted to improve in video and get better. For me it means at the end of the year, my goal to buy a nikon d850 or z7. So then it is a nice hobby. But first the ruin the video market and now the photo market. The z7 was next project, make a documentary and/or photo reportage.

Why iam writing this all. I hope they read. Again SS, For a person in India of Africa etc 100 dollars is month salary. For me it was my future.

Back to you Marco my last Eyeem photo was 36,26 dollars. And they never paid less than, the worst time was 1.04. I put most interest in SS. Because that was the most profitable and the upload of eyeem is not so fun. LAst night is sold two photos for 100 dollars at alamy i get 40% For me SS was fun because i sold all over the world. I have sold not much photos at Alamy and Eyeem. But for alamy i know that my photos were used tv programm, postcard, (E)books etc. Dont where but i know a photo was put in a book and the price was fair. So In comparion with SS, less money more appriacition..

Concluding : by giving SS your photos you have already have been stolen. 

Stay safe, if you live in Italy, stay extra safe

Greetings 

Robert

5662_10208202819698498_7479890212386416161_n.thumb.jpg.29b50910ff1a3fa2f95635f85c60688c.jpg

5 minutes ago, Maxal Tamor said:

You mis one thing, in India like everywhere, camera, computers, lenses, HDD, etc cost the same price. I can even say that in India, Russia, Ukraine, etc all this equipment costs 5 - 15% more than in Europe and USA. Imagine to have to buy $5000 of equipment with $100 of monthly earnings…

Many people, like me, wait until they receive the May money before they close or deactivate the portfolio.

If they but at Alli Express cheaper and for those countries dont check I think. But still a investment. And 100 dollars a lot of money. I hope those people did not trust SS and spend there money for a future. I believe what you are saying. My Egyptian send a camera for his friend To Egypt. In The Netherlands cheaper. For him in Egypt 100 dollars is a lot of money

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Michael Warwick said:

@Kate Shutterstock

Yes, please explain where the money goes after deactivating the portfolio. I have a few top sellers in some categories and they are still showing for sale. If they have sold, why is it not appearing in my earnings account??? Please explain. 

You will PROBABLY get your money! I closed my portfolio pretty much the same day a reciewed the mail about the new earning structure - and today I got this e-mail! I have a post earlier on this matter.

last paycheck.jpg

Edited by Fredrik Bourdette
Misspelling

1 hour ago, Blue daemon said:

I've disabled the day before yesterday the portfolio, but already no longer seen most.
For some reason only the one I uploaded most recently remains, but it will disappear soon.1833518587_shameshutterstock2.jpg.f61e2465c796275b97504cd5bb9debf8.jpg.ab117b196be58535d7a90a0f0f81f047.jpg

yesterday it was 13.5k and today ...

Screenshot_2020-06-04 Contributor Dashboard Shutterstock.png

Screenshot_2020-06-04 Account Settings Shutterstock.png

The payment plan does not seem fair, I had little time with level 2 and had motivated me to improve the photos and continue uploading but now it is a joke what they pay since the downloads of the subscriptions are the ones that contribute the most in volume and Now .10 cents is giving away your work, you need to sell tons of photos to see something and it won't happen realistically. I don't think shutterstock has a good future with this. I already deactivated the sale of my photos until they are fair.

I was curious what the mix of large sub plans and super cheapo sales SS had. now I know. Reset back to level 1 would just mean even more $.10 sales. My portfolio has earned over 100K since 2006, today I disabled sales. I deleted most of my images from Istock when they pulled this @#$# but left a few in the account in the hopes they would turn things around. While I would like to think SS could turn things around, nothing I have seen from them in the last few years suggests it is likely. It was a nice ride for a while, but it was getting painful the last few years, and this is the final straw for me. 

This is extremely frustrating. Not that I'm someone that was making a lot of money from it, but I was actually starting to work more on my content and trying to improve it. I was quite happy that I had increase my sales in the last month. These news completely unmotivated me as I used to get 0.25 for most of my sales(photos) and now this tuned into 0.10.

:(

On June 1, you will be placed in an Image Level and a Video Level based on your download count so far in 2020. 

So i had more than 100 downloads from Jan-May 2020, should i be in level 2 starting June?

My images downloaded in June was $0.10/pc

Can you tell me what's the calculation? 

What is my level? It's so confusing now.

If you wanna encourage contributors to post more, at least you can set that the level on 1 Jan are based on the credits on the past one year.

And not totally reset it.

Everyone has to accept pay cut once a new year starts? Unbelievable..

Why after I disabled sales for photo and video part of my portfolio disappeared from Catalog Manager? I had 2500 images and now I can see only 1400 and just 15 videos out of 300. So, I would understand if I were not able to see any of my files or all of them. But why do I see just some? Anyone knows how it works?

1 hour ago, Vladimir Mulder said:

But it must approve low quality mobile photos or photos with little noise and other issues!

Mwahahaha 🙂 

They are already accepting mobile photos of ducks, trees, stones etc.

I can imagine they are just feeding a neural network or something like this.

This would explain a lot.