Jump to content
Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

Recommended Posts

Just now, Polozov arts said:

I know some large contributors left SS earlier and sell stock on their own. Of course this idea takes effort on promotion and smm. But on the other hand, don't you think it's worth the effort?

No. its been tried countless times. It doesnt work.

Coding, server capacity, network links, secure processing, advertising and marketing in a MASSIVELY competitive market.  It wont happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

When the new earnings structure goes into effect, the payout for subscription plans will not be less than 10¢.

 

Not less than ten cents. Now there's a relief. For a minute I THOUGH WE WERE GETTING SCREWED!

The agency that used to command 60% of my income, is barely clinging to 30% while I have done nothing different. 

I have been thinking about changing my whole strategy in photography since the first of the year and I think Shutterstock just kicked it off for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OrnamentJungle said:

Will not be less than 10c. It will be 10 FREAKIN CENTS.

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ive asked a few times what the MAXIMUM will be. No answer.

 

Why isnt there a full updated earnings schedule uploaded ready to go?  Or havent SS got round to deciding what to charge yet?  After all, 5 day to go. Loads of time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

When the new earnings structure goes into effect, the payout for subscription plans will not be less than 10¢.

 

WOW, 10 cents...be still my heart, how generous!!! Every January we all get to sell images for 10 friggin cents. Now that's fair and certainly rewards contributors. How about getting more creative about how YOU market images instead of beating the crap out of contributors. You expect contributors to be more creative and this is what YOU come up with?! Unreal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Maxal Tamor said:

На самом деле я думаю, что потребуется месяц или два, чтобы понять, что на самом деле происходит.
Несколько дней назад другой сайт предложил разместить некоторые из моих изображений, но для этого он просит меня об эксклюзивности.
В настоящее время эти изображения только на Shutterstock. Это изображения, которые продаются регулярно, несколько раз в месяц. 
Поэтому я думаю, что я собираюсь удалить эти изображения из Shutterstock и загрузить их на этот другой сайт, который, если он продается меньше, продается по гораздо более высокой цене.

 

Vy mozhete podelit'sya, chto eto za sayt?
 
38/5000
 
 
 
Can you share what this site is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matt Gibson said:

Reset every January, work you nuts off every year to get as high as you can and then...........reset back to start every January

Yep.  Completely disincentivizes one to keep contributing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

98887150_Annotation2020-05-27005744.thumb.jpg.7313a4435e75666f547f2c189d3c69a5.jpg

 

I cant wait to see this graph on MSG ( https://www.the microstock group forum /index.php?page=PollResults ) after June.  That light blue line is going to nosedive.  And in January its going to be hidden under the coloured mess at the bottom.

Make sure you all update it so EVERYONE can see.  Maybe SS stock holders will see it too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite amazing with the poposed changes. I am buffled that this is sold as a gain to the contributors. The new system appears to be shockingly unfair if one indeed gets set back to level 1 every year. Especially long-time contributors must be very, very upset. This would also be for me a resaon not to further contribute to Shutterstock and to leave this company on the long run. It would be nice if the administrators would not just post announcements but also respond to contributors concerns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Richard Whitcombe said:

Ive asked a few times what the MAXIMUM will be. No answer.

 

Why isnt there a full updated earnings schedule uploaded ready to go?  Or havent SS got round to deciding what to charge yet?  After all, 5 day to go. Loads of time...

Easy.... $0.10

Seriously, if someone has a 700 a month sub package and they only use 200, I bet we still get the value based on the 700... I really don't think they've thought through exactly how angry people will be, and what happened to IS as a result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Richard Whitcombe said:

Ive asked a few times what the MAXIMUM will be. No answer.

 

Why isnt there a full updated earnings schedule uploaded ready to go?  Or havent SS got round to deciding what to charge yet?  After all, 5 day to go. Loads of time...

As other people have stated, we are all down to .10. Most of us will be at .10 mark for few months.

I wonder how is this brilliant decision helping the new contributors and by what means.

We deserve an explanation how is this ridiculous amount is going to boost the new content and help the newcomers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Please review the first comment in this thread for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.

When the new earnings structure goes into effect, the payout for subscription plans will not be less than 10¢.

 

Can you please stop answering like a robot copying and pasting the same and just give everyone a straight answer?

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kathy Hutchins said:

Please provide rates for subscriptions so I can better assess how this will affect me.   You are making far reaching decisions with my income, and yet are not providing the information necessary to evaluate it.   In viewing the subscription packages, it is difficult to assess what the prices are for non-subscription sales.  The subscription sales vary by packages. 

Starting over on January 1 for levels in not acceptable.  I have over 440,000 images, with 278,000 lifetime downloads.  Yet, you expect me to be a newbie earnings level each January?   Stock sales is by definition a mix of old an new content.  I find my older content sells far better than one would expect.  Yet, I am only valued for new content, even though the older stock sells well?  Some provision for lifetime sales needs to be taken into account when setting levels.  Better yet, take a rolling 12 month average. 

You make money off our work, yet, are now going to take more without explanation as to what it really means.  Transparency is necessary.  Start NOW, please!

Hi Kathy,

All commissions will be calculated as a percent (depending on your earnings level) of the price per asset the customer paid. This is the same for subscriptions, for on-demand packs, enhanced licenses, partnership deals, any new things that can be invented or imagined. 

You can check the plans and pricing page and do some calculating about what this means for commissions at the various levels. We show list prices for subscriptions and on demand sales. Remember that when the new earnings structure goes into effect, the payout for subscription plans will not be less than 10¢.

Our sales team works with enterprise clients worldwide to secure large deals with different prices that aren't listed here. For those deals, your commissions will be calculated just the same: your level's percent times the price per asset the client paid.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Irina Palei said:

I calculated that in order for an author to reach the current income level by video, he needs to sell more than 5337  videos per year!!

The chances of achieving this sale are less than the chances of the origin of life on Earth without the intervention of the mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, samoyloff said:

If it's designed to reward content creators, why everyone will get paid less than now?

because it is a stupid lie.

let someone from the moderator team show you, with numbers, who and when someone will earn more.

it will be in 1% of extrem cases.

9% will mabye earn the same as before.

90% will earn less.

 

SS will pay it´s CEO a fat bonus.... as usual.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Duncan Andison said:

Easy.... $0.10

Seriously, if someone has a 700 a month sub package and they only use 200, I bet we still get the value based on the 700... I really don't think they've thought through exactly how angry people will be, and what happened to IS as a result.

They pay a fixed fee so yes you do.  SS keeps the change.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kate Shutterstock said:

Hi Kathy,

All commissions will be calculated as a percent (depending on your earnings level) of the price per asset the customer paid. This is the same for subscriptions, for on-demand packs, enhanced licenses, partnership deals, any new things that can be invented or imagined. 

You can check the plans and pricing page and do some calculating about what this means for commissions at the various levels. We show list prices for subscriptions and on demand sales. Remember that when the new earnings structure goes into effect, the payout for subscription plans will not be less than 10¢.

Our sales team works with enterprise clients worldwide to secure large deals with different prices that aren't listed here. For those deals, your commissions will be calculated just the same: your level's percent times the price per asset the client paid.

Thanks.

Ok @Kate Shutterstock but what if the client doesn't use the full amount of images available to download... are you still goint to pay us based on what they might have downloaded and pocket the spare cash. If you don't answer I'll take that as a yes,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Extremely bad for all contributors who spend their time uploading good work. With this new rates any work uploaded will tend to mediocrity more and more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Duncan Andison said:

Ok @Kate Shutterstock but what if the client doesn't use the full amount of images available to download... are you still goint to pay us based on what they might have downloaded and pocket the spare cash. If you don't answer I'll take that as a yes,

hahaha.... good joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...