Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

I ,made 50 sales yesterday and earned 5 $.
I can't respect myself working for such money. I've been here for 6 years, but it's over today. goodbye, Shutterstock. Enough for me.

2 hours ago, Natwood said:

Painting landscapes is cool. But you can also keep selling you illustrations, they are awesome. SS is not the only place to sell them. Do you sell on other microstocks?

And what about print on demand sites, like Redbubble, Zuzzle etc? This illustration, for example, would look perfect on black T-shirts and on other merch too https://www.shutterstock.com/ru/image-illustration/red-cat-grass-graphic-feline-illustration-1165524406 

I have an account in Adobe stock and depositphotos, and some printshops, but still, Shutterstock were main. About landscapes, it was partly joke, but I am developing my traditional artist career though 😅 Thank you anyway) I hope you will be ok too.... Do you want to connect trough Facebook, or twitter, or telegram. I don't have too much "microstock" friends 😅

2 minutes ago, eskystudio said:

There are numerous reports they you can read on social networks that SS offered selceted contributors better pricing than currenty offered.

Besides being a classic tactic to  quell discontent, it is actually very good news. It means that whatever contributors are currently doing (stopping posting new content and disabling or removing portfolios) is working. If they start offering special deals, it means the talent drainage has started and they are ready to pay more money to stop it.

What they're offering is that they will pay the same 'till January, and then they switch people to 10c per image. I know a couple of people with like 100k portfolios who received such offers. And they declined. As they invest too much time and money in this, and uploading images that cost like $20 each at least won't justify getting 10c in 6 months. It's a dumb investment.

53 minutes ago, Boris Stroujko said:

Что ж, SS уже давно продает 350 и 750 упаковок, что составляет около 20 центов за изображение, но нам все равно заплатили 0,25–0,38 цента. Не потому, что SS заплатил нам 150%, а потому, что они просто подсчитали среднее с другими пакетами, с $ 4,90 за изображение. Оставим в стороне тот факт, что эти 20 центов могли бы стать немного больше, если бы клиенты покупали не все изображения, которые могли.

Теперь с новой структурой заработка я бы ожидал почти такой же доход. Конечно, вы получаете некоторые (а не несколько) продажи по 10 центов, а затем по 30 центов, 65 центов и до $ 1,72 за подписку. И даже с этими 10 центами СС дает нам 50% от 20 центов, которые они получают от покупателей, поэтому фактический процент должен быть еще выше, как предполагается уровнем. Таким образом, значение имеет среднее значение, а не минимальная или максимальная цена.

Сегодня я продал 54 изображения по подписке, заработав $ 12,65, или 23,5 цента за изображение. Учитывая старую цену в 38 центов, получится 20,52 доллара. Так что для меня сегодня это 40% потерь на подписках. Мы не можем судить только в один день, поэтому нам нужно подождать некоторое время, чтобы увидеть всю картину. И мы должны также принять во внимание тот факт, что из-за коронного кризиса многие мелкие покупатели, которые фактически платят больше за изображение, не покупают прямо сейчас, и процент более дешевых продаж выше, чем обычно. Но, тем не менее, тенденция вызывает тревогу. И у нас до сих пор нет объяснений от СС, и это еще более тревожно.

И что меня больше всего огорчает, так это нелепое правило восстановления уровней 1 января. Здесь они просто крадут у нас деньги. Если вы находитесь на 5 уровне, вы потеряете 57% дохода за первые 100 изображений, 43% за следующие 150, 28,5% за следующие 250 и 14,3% за следующие 2000! Это означает в среднем 19% для первых 2500 изображений, которые вы продаете в год. Если вы продаете его (в среднем) за 30 центов, это составляет 150 долларов. Каждый год! Все! Даёт СС 150 долларов даром! Для тех, кто на 6 уровне, это даже 1050 долларов (тысяча пятьдесят долларов с учетом потери в 14% для первых 25000 изображений) !!! В этом расчете время не имеет значения. Это только количество изображений, которое вам нужно, чтобы достичь самого высокого уровня за один год. То, что сказать «это займет всего месяц, чтобы добраться до уровня 5», не делает ничего лучше,

Почему бы не рассчитать уровень каждый месяц за последние 12 месяцев? Это было бы более справедливым. Или получить компенсацию разницы каждый раз, когда мы достигаем нового уровня.

На данный момент я все еще жду и рассчитываю. Я остановил все загрузки. Я начал искать другие чулочные площадки.

Хорошая работа, СС! Поздравляем!

I agree 100%. You told my thoughts.

6 minutes ago, shamancko said:

I have an account in Adobe stock and depositphotos, and some printshops, but still, Shutterstock were main. About landscapes, it was partly joke, but I am developing my traditional artist career though 😅 Thank you anyway) I hope you will be ok too.... Do you want to connect trough Facebook, or twitter, or telegram. I don't have too much "microstock" friends 😅

Sent you a private message through the SS messaging system with my Telegram username. Let's be friends. Your graphic design is sick.

18 minutes ago, eskystudio said:

There are numerous reports that you can read on social networks that SS offered selceted contributors better pricing than currenty offered.

Besides being a classic tactic to  quell discontent, it is actually very good news. It means that whatever contributors are currently doing (stopping posting new content and disabling or removing portfolios) is working. If they start offering special deals, it means the talent drainage has started and they are ready to pay more money to stop it.

But it also reflects the dishonesty of this company.

4 minutes ago, Victor Suarez Naranjo said:

We, the contributors, have the power. If we all disable our accounts they will have to rectify.

No. They do not have to do anything. They just can wait and declare closing their business... Which will not happen because here are tens of thousands people ready to be slaves!

BTW, I made my humble move with deactivating my portfolio of worthless 3698 illustrations and photos. Last Year I went on other place exclusive when I saw sales of videos for $1.5 here.

Just now, DaLiu said:

Imagine how much damage can do a handful of people who think they can reinvent the wheel, at some point they will leave the company with full pockets and the company will be completely ruined.

Maybe yes, maybe no. I predict acquisition from Getty Images here!

I'm posting this again.

Today I started receiving $0.10 per image. This is outrageous. I'm disabling the sales of my images. I hope we'll all do the same, big or small players. We must unite and stop this abusive corporate behavior. If we all do the same, we can teach Shutterstock a hard lesson.  

COME ON PEOPLE, LET'S ALL DISABLE THE SALES OF OUR CONTENT.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to opt out for sales and I get the following message:

"You have changed your settings too many times today. Please try again later."

I'll make it eventually. We must all unite against the new policy. We can beat them.

12 minutes ago, eskystudio said:

By comparison Adobe Stock, they have deepr pockets and they seem to be making much smarter business decision, while still paying a fait price.

image.png.e15c4dec9415557f3645667582ddcee9.png

Adobe is a much larger company than Shutterstock and not in the business of stock photography. For them Adobe Stock is just a marketing tool to sell more software subscriptions. 

15 minutes ago, eskystudio said:

By comparison Adobe Stock, they have deepr pockets and they seem to be making much smarter business decision, while still paying a fait price.

image.png.e15c4dec9415557f3645667582ddcee9.png

A little bit missleading it's about the whole Adobe Inc not only Adobe Stock

3 minutes ago, Oliver Denker said:

Adobe is a much larger company than Shutterstock and not in the business of stock photography. For them Adobe Stock is just a marketing tool to sell more software subscriptions. 

Adobe gives a "Creative Cloud All Apps plan with all Adobe applications for one year!" to  Adobe Stock contributors with more than 300 accepted files.

After a day and a half of 0.10 sales of images...I deactivated sales of images and video. My content is niche and it's only a part time income so I can spare it. I will not be uploading more here.

I will open my own with use of a website builder specifically designed to sell your own stock and make use of Keywording to promote SEO through google so that when someone uses google to search for an image (and don't say agencies don't because I've seen sales of images directly to agencies for $50, $100 to even $200 because they found my website and asked directly - AND these images were already on SS and Adobe). 

I know the throughput won't be there, but I can sell at a reasonable level 5-10 dollars per image and retain all but 3% credit card processing and cost of website per month. 

Rick Lohre

RickLohre.com
DepartureStock.com
rick@ricklohre.com

1 minute ago, Maxal Tamor said:

Adobe gives a "Creative Cloud All Apps plan with all Adobe applications for one year!" to  Adobe Stock contributors with more than 300 accepted files.

Which is nice and I will use it next year.

I have a serious solution for everybody here but people is not ready to try new things, I already contacted some of you even before this thing with SS but never got any positive response. In short, selling images on own website.

BTW I disabled my photos on SS to, I was not affected a lot since I had a very small number of images here.

20 minutes ago, eskystudio said:

True. 

There are lots of people who sit on the fence for the moment untill the end of June. 
It is not is bad news, because the biggest wave of cancelation will most ikely happen after people will loose hope after one-two  months. It means it is far from over.

I totally agree with you and I see another one reason why there will be many deactivations later. I already signed up to Alamy but it is needed to go through test submission. That can take up to 3 weeks. So newcomers are not able start selling there immediately. But after that? There will not be any reason to keep Shutterstock portfolio any longer.

1 hour ago, shamancko said:

Do you want to connect trough Facebook, or twitter, or telegram. I don't have too much "microstock" friends 😅

Yeap, I follow you in twitter now.