Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

16 minutes ago, Philip Schubert said:

This image being sold by Shutterstock for $26.99us. I got  just .10c. Something not right here! Going to have to seriously think about the future given the many hundreds of dollars required to create this image.

Did you just bought the image to test how much you receive royalties? If this is the case it is really bad. They are mocking as badly!

Shutterstock has humiliated its contributors who invested their labor and passion for the development of this marketplace for many years. A reduction in royalties of up to 10 cents per image hit like thunder from a clear blue sky. Such apocalyptic changes should be warned for at least half a year so that contributors can redeploy to other sites. Many stockers and their families were on the verge of a financial collapse. And all this happened in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic when other companies try their best to support contributors. Good support from Shutterstock, right? In the future, a reduction in fees will reach 65% of the previous amount. Now it does not even pay for the cost of producing images, not to mention the video. Shame Shutterstock! Please, ask all those who are not indifferent to sign a petition addressed to the new Shutterstock leadership: https://lnkd.in/dxzSKBH

ShameShutterstock.png

53 minutes ago, Patricio_Murphy said:

how do you know at which level you are? I can't find that info on my account (perhaps it's because I opted-out sales)

OMG, SS didn't send you an email 8 days ago?

Snímek obrazovky 2020-06-03 v 15.26.40.png

19 minutes ago, titoOnz said:

Wrong call, for sure! Now what?

What are you going to do when your ways of making money, we the so-called “contributors”, won't earn enough to live on? Do you really think you'll always be able to satisfy the greed of your shareholders? I've just checked my new earnings and I can't help thinking "this is it": most of us are not going to make it now, except may be the biggest ones... This decision is not constructive, for us as for you!

What is the purpose behind all this? Could you be a little more specific, more honest?

I'm seriously thinking about deleting my account these next days... We deserve so much better and it doesn't look like a fair collaboration, now than ever, it's more like slavery! As many say on this post, I could't be more agree...
So sad, indeed!

Since yesterday morning  250.000 images have been pulled by contributors. That includes my images as well. 

There is no money to make here anymore and this pricing should not be supported by selling on Shutterstock. Very sad. 

22 minutes ago, ngaga said:

This also doesn't work!!!
Capture.JPG.c89c51ce19a92158d92d5a100136cecc.JPG

Capture01.JPG

Capture02.JPG

This is quite common in other systems (not even microstock), you try to get too much data. Their database will be huge. But try it year per year. It will works and then combine it in Excel, PowerBI etc. togehter if you need some proper analyses, or some grouped numbers for your full history in Shutterstock.

I am totally confused about this so starting 1st June it is based on your image level - so I am Level 4 also - so why are the download $'s so low - I know this will come into effect from January when we all reset to 15% - so as far as I am concerned until 1st January we are all on our current pay rate - or have I got this wrong?

Can someone explain please -  Thanks

1 minute ago, paula french said:

I am totally confused about this so starting 1st June it is based on your image level - so I am Level 4 also - so why are the download $'s so low - I know this will come into effect from January when we all reset to 15% - so as far as I am concerned until 1st January we are all on our current pay rate - or have I got this wrong?

Nobody can explain anything as SS is not posting any data regarding how much we supposed to earn for each rank.

6 minutes ago, paula french said:

This whole forum (now 154 pages now) is about it! Just read!

7 minutes ago, Blue daemon said:

I'm afraid that Shutterstock will affect other sites, and stock photos themselves will lead to bargain sales of the work.

After all, stopping the supply to Shutterstock will lead to a happy future.

Not just stopping supply, we also need to pull our content or they still get away with it by selling our already accomplished work. 

8 minutes ago, paula french said:

I know this will come into effect from January when we all reset to 15% - so as far as I am concerned until 1st January we are all on our current pay rate - or have I got this wrong?

Yes you got it wrong. Haven't you got this email 9-10 days ago, clearly stating June 1, 2020:

June.jpg.1e4b2af8fa77d1334b110551f3c8daf6.jpg

17 hours ago, wacomka said:

@Kate Shutterstock What is going on?
@Jane Rix  SAME STORY in my account.  14507 downloads are missing
==============================================================================================================
Contributors, ATTENTION PLEASE!
Discrepancy of images downloaded (# from the LEFT side VS # from the RIGHT side)
Who has the same problem?

==============================================================================================================

After updates by SS (june 1) my monthly earnings diagram for May has changed -20$ (3 downloads). 

I complained about it to support team, and their answer was that SS system detected fraudulent transactions.

bug.png

How Sad and disappointing

I guess this is the new way of life. Demote people for doing a good job. To watch my .25 cents drop to .10 cents was heartbreaking. I can't find the words that fully express my disappointment in how we and our art have been devalued. 

9 minutes ago, paula french said:

Hi Paula,

It's quite simple. We've all switched to the new tiered earnings model, the tier you are on is based on your sales up to June 1st. So as a Level 4 you are on 30% now per unit (photo) sold.

Most of your earnings are probably from subs, the most popular being the 350 pack or 750 pack. The 350 pack effectively works out at 34c per photo, the 750 pack is 20c per photo. So a lot of your sales amounts to 30% of those two values, capped at a minumum of 10c. So regardless of what tier you are on, sales from those packs will always amount to around 10c.

Whoever came up with this structure needs to looking for another job quite frankly.

56 minutes ago, Philip Schubert said:

This image being sold by Shutterstock for $26.99us. I got  just .10c. Something not right here! Going to have to seriously think about the future given the many hundreds of dollars required to create this image.

04DF66C5-564C-4F82-8E2D-A4AD319D0C4D.jpeg

A8FC66F3-56EB-4F70-97EF-F76C1E9669A2.png

Yes bullshit, I feel your pain. Cracking spot up north OZ. I just disabled my folio.

3 minutes ago, Kevin Standage said:

Hi Paula,

It's quite simple. We've all switched to the new tiered earnings model, the tier you are on is based on your sales up to June 1st. So as a Level 4 you are on 30% now per unit (photo) sold.

Most of your earnings are probably from subs, the most popular being the 350 pack or 750 pack. The 350 pack effectively works out at 34c per photo, the 750 pack is 20c per photo. So a lot of your sales amounts to 30% of those two values, capped at a minumum of 10c. So regardless of what tier you are on, sales from those packs will always amount to around 10c.

Whoever came up with this structure needs to looking for another job quite frankly.

That is an excellent explanation, very accurate.