Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

13 minutes ago, Lorna Roberts said:

Here’s a list of % commissions on other sites obvs shutterstock now n/a, good read, on where to focus efforts where it’s rewarded properly 

https://wp-modula.com/best-places-to-sell-photos-online-and-make-money/ 

Good one, thanks for sharing, and the MicrostockGroup, another place to share knowledge: https://www.[do_not_advertise_other_microstock_groups]/ They also have got listings, updated frequently. Will be interesting to see if it will, or when it will update the earnings list:

Submit Your Vote

Site Earnings Rating
Top Tier - Big 4
Shutterstock 65 arrow
AdobeStock 43.3 arrow
iStock
  exclusive
20.7 arrow
123RF 7.9 arrow

16 minutes ago, concept w said:

I hope you are also on Adobe. They still have decent commissions

Yes, I am. It was my second agencie, now I hope that it is the first if nothing changes and they decide to change commissions too. Thank you!

39 minutes ago, Lorna Roberts said:

Lol possible, no you miss my point. It said from 1st June would be new structure based on years sales to date, so I should be on 30%, I appear to be at 15% I think they have made a HUGE technical error and reset everyone to level 1 not based on year sales to date. Yawn going back to sleep 

I'm on level 5 and most sales are 10c. It's not an error. Even if you reached level 6 you would still get 10c downloads. 

1 hour ago, Lorna Roberts said:

Hi I think it’s been set to Jan not current year sales (new level 4) so far as I should be on level 4 35% but am only 0.10 commissions. Please review this 

thanks

This is not correct. When the new earnings structure goes into effect, the payout for subscription plans will not be less than 10¢.

Naively - I assumed prices were dropping in January when we would all be put on level 1 15% - so can't get my head around why they have started this in June - when officially we are still at the level we should be??

1 hour ago, Lorna Roberts said:

Hi I think it’s been set to Jan not current year sales (new level 4) so far as I should be on level 4 35% but am only 0.10 commissions. Please review this 

thanks

Exactly - don't understand why it has dropped NOW - and not January

I'm at level 4 on both images and videos with a healthy amount of lifetime earnings... I had 2 SUB sales on Monday for normal $0.38c, then it all went downhill from there...today my SUB sales have been $0.14c and $0.10c so far, yesterday I had 3 SOD's all at $0.10c each and today an ODD at $2.56.... absolutely disgusting.. Clip sales seem unaffected, although only 3 days in with this new earnings structure but images have taken a massive hit irrespective of your level..  what a load of baloney SS!!. 

Certainly not uploading anything to this site anytime soon

12 minutes ago, paula french said:

Exactly - don't understand why it has dropped NOW - and not January

even at level 6, earnings will drop significantly 

15B4BC7D-C7D9-4300-8EB9-A661DA2EC27F.jpeg

To be honest, I was prepared to see how this goes but, so far I would say they've seen the last image from me. It's not the even the new levels that really p me off, it's the $0.10 and the volume of them. From now on, if they want to see new images from me I'd recommend they visit Adobe Stock.

Damn been here for a long time with a small portfolio and once in a while a payout...
with this new structure I will receive a payout maybe once a year or two.
stopped uploading years ago because the 25/33cents I was making  was not worth the time but now with 10cents.
next step gonna deactivate my sales.

On 5/26/2020 at 4:48 PM, David Calvert said:

So I'm currently in level one. Instead of getting $0.25 per download, what am I going to get now?

$0.10 and in UK pounds its  £0.080  :(

What a Joke

I'm selling my HD clips with price of about $10 per piece for ages, (about 33% of that is mine)! And from first hand experience I can tell you I earned more (other site) per clip in a life time, than on any other agency I am in. And I am on many of those sites. Not top performer or pro contributor, but It income is good, even on such low price and with non-pro clips I have to offer.

Most important: price per clip, photo does not matter (that much) as income at the end of the month does.

Not that I'd not like to sell clip per $100 and photo per $50 ... do not get me wrong, please!