Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

15 minutes ago, spiral media said:

I have lost more than 50% of my earnings. This is inadmissible, so I will not upload more content until this situation changes. And if this continue, I will delete my portfolio in this microstock.

Don't delete it, disable it.

A competitor, increased commissions by 10%. On the other hand SS giving us a bad news? Can't agree to the new earnings structure. 

2 hours ago, Aysezgicmeli said:

I am a SS contributor for 7 years,

For the ones who know me, I have pretty popular images and I contributed a lot to SS on the way.

It was satisfying the first years I came here. NOW IT CANNOT BE ACCEPTED MY FRIENDS.

@Kate Shutterstock I am informing you here, especially here to make everyone see this, I am not accepting 0,10 cents for my images.

I WORTH A LOT MORE THAN THAT, EVEN MORE THAN PREVIOUS 0,38 cents too.

My images are printed on goods and are sold all around the world and you think it is fair to pay me just 0,10 cents,

NO, IT IS NOT.

I am off.

Thanks for everything you ever done to me till now.

Totally agree with you ! I am off too !

9 hours ago, Natwood said:

Lol Я вспомнил, что я думал, когда получил это письмо от СС. Я думал, что я продолжу получать те же самые гонорары, которые у меня были раньше, но если я достигну следующего уровня, мои гонорары увеличатся. Но в начале января я начну с немного более низких роялти. Ха. Ха. Ха. Я был таким наивным неделю назад.

I thought so, too...

2 minutes ago, Oliver Denker said:

Downloads for June so far are alright, as usual.

Revenue on the other hand seems to be down by 50%.

No more uploads from me until the end of June and then I'll reassess the situation and will make a decision (this is not a silly threat towards SS ((I'm sure they couldn't care less)), but a economic necessity. Creating new images for this kind of money is a waste of time).

Man, go on Adobe! Adobe is the last stand

I will allow one last month just to have measurable proof of the earnings drop per month for comparisson.  Next step disabling the images (let them take space on their servers not generating revenue anymore) or leaving completely.  I've been aboard since 2009 and I will be disabling about 4.180 images my small rock in this huge SS wall.

So, I disabled images for sale on Sunday. 

I thought I would still be able to manage images, but nothing show sin catalog manager? Do they completely remove images when doing this, or is this nromal, and if I re-enable (if they stop being butts), will they be available again?

Currently going through some of my older processed images and "Yikes", I can't believe some of the crap I have put up in past.

Жду до конца месяца. Ничего нового не гружу. Посмотрю на результаты, хотя уже все понятно. Если Шаттер не изменит свою политику, полностью перейду на другие платформы. 

13 hours ago, Yokli said:

Speechless!!!

But u know what Shutterstock, I'm also a subscriber to your service.

Your stupid greedy new earning structure just made me terminating your service FOREVER!

GOOD LUCK!

It's probably not greed, it is the result of selling products at a too low price over a long period of time --

So I see now I am getting $0.10 for a subscription photo download instead of $0.25. Gee thanks a bunch.I also notice Payoneer has changed their fees. If no activity on your account over a certain period they charge you a fee. With this new pricing it will be even more difficult to get your money. 

15 hours ago, Bennian said:

How can we do that? I wold like to stop my sales also because of the now payment attitude.

If anyone know please tell me. Thanks.

We all should done this!

Go to Account Setting on your dashboard and find Licensing options. Chose 'No' and then Save Settings.

screenshot-submit.shutterstock.com-2020.06.03-12_05_42.jpg

I do not agree with Shutterstock pricing policy and want to deactivate my portfolio. But I can’t deactivate.
Why don’t you let me dispose of my images and my intellectual property?
This error message is not true. I tried to deactivate the portfolio earlier, for the test, but it was the day before yesterday. 

shutter-deactivate.jpg

Hi Kate,

You wrote: „On June 1, you will be placed in an Image Level and a Video Level based on your download count so far in 2020“

I had 264 downloads so far from Jan to may this year!!

So I should be in level 3!! So why am I in Level 1? 
Did you put every account to level 1 starting from 1. of June???

Waiting for reply

thx