Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

I thought that a shutter from category "A" would go into category "B", but to this day, I begin to assume that it will become for me a stock of category "C" (like 123rf).

On 5/26/2020 at 6:30 PM, Kate Shutterstock said:

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjustment in order to reflect changes in the market for creative content, help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors, and reward performance with greater earnings potential. 

Starting on June 1st, 2020, your earnings for each license will be based on your Image Level or your Video Level.  

earnings-for-images-forum.png.89c1b679a14834960f019668d0f028d0.png

earnings-for-videos-forum.png.803eddaf31ab4c904b5d8d660bc0495a.png

On June 1, you will be placed in an Image Level and a Video Level based on your download count so far in 2020. The email you receive today will let you know which levels you are in as of this morning. 

How does it work?

• These new levels are based on the number of times your content is licensed rather than your lifetime earnings. 
  • All contributors reset to level 1 for both images and videos every year on January 1st.
  • There are separate levels for images and for videos, and you graduate through them independently based on your download count in each category.

Dear Kate, the support service answers some authors that these changes are related to Shutterstock's problems and the fact that many buyers cancel their subscriptions due to a pandemic, and when it’s all over, the payout system will be changed to the old ones, say so? Why was this not immediately reported, would the authors understand the situation or have the changes been introduced on an ongoing basis now?

50 minutes ago, William Perugini said:

The difference in my case is about 17000...

I have the same problem as the others. But the difference is too big for me.

@Kate Shutterstock What is going on?

The difference  is 37.601 downloads!!!

whatisthis.jpg

1 hour ago, Dimitrios Vlassis said:

People need to stop complaining and deactivate their account. That's the only language they speak. Don't feed shutterstock anymore. We need to punish them... 

Do it. 

8 minutes ago, Voronkova said:

Dear Kate, the support service answers some authors that these changes are related to Shutterstock's problems and the fact that many buyers cancel their subscriptions due to a pandemic, and when it’s all over, the payout system will be changed to the old ones, say so? Why was this not immediately reported, would the authors understand the situation or have the changes been introduced on an ongoing basis now?

If the problem is this, i don't have problem to receive my 10 cents for a while. they have to be clear. this virus is for all...and people can understand.

23 minutes ago, Jane Rix said:

Don't get me wrong, as I am equally unhappy with the new Shutterstock pricing, but I think the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic may have something to do with low sales for the past two months?

Other stocks even raised rates to support contributors.

1 minute ago, Conde said:

If the problem is this, i don't have problem to receive my 10 cents for a while. they have to be clear. this virus is for all...and people can understand.

This is what needs to be clarified, we will all understand if so many said difficulties.🙉

27 minutes ago, Jane Rix said:

Thanks you @wacomka and @William Perugini. I assume it's some sort of bug, but I'd definitely like clarification. Perhaps @Kate Shutterstock will come back with some more information. I know there was a problem with subs showing in the SOD column, and despite a message that it was fixed, my subs are still turning up as SODs, so maybe there are some teething problems. 

==============================================================================================================
There was message that another bug was fixed, however it WAS NOT!
For now, all subscriptions and single/other downloads are mixed together. 
Same story in my account. It lasts from the yesterday afternoon and for all day today.

Contributors are waiting for a response from @Kate Shutterstock  

12 minutes ago, sunnyfrog said:

@Kate Shutterstock What is going on?
The difference  is 37.601 downloads!!!

whatisthis.jpg

As one additional data point, I disabled my portfolio yesterday (i.e. last sales were in May under the old royalty structure) and on my contributor landing page both download numbers are identical. Possibly it's the new code that's been putting subscription royalties in the SOD column that has been mangling the counts?

1 hour ago, Jane Rix said:

Following the update to the contributor homepage, I am now seeing my total all time earnings, with all time downloads underneath. The all time download figure is 138922, which tallies with my earnings summary.

To the right, the panel shows a breakdown of my footage and image sales. @Kate Shutterstock can I check why there is a discrepancy of some 4000 images? Can I also ask whether I'm owed commission for these images, as they haven't been accounted for in my earnings to date?1696176022_Screenshot2020-06-02at20_40_47.thumb.png.11f95034c19533abe3d1f0921300e2bf.png

probably on the right is the number of your downloads + your referrals' downloads. At least for me it seams to be so.

Or Shutterstock is hiding some downloads from us.

14 minutes ago, Jo Ann Snover said:

As one additional data point, I disabled my portfolio yesterday (i.e. last sales were in May under the old royalty structure) and on my contributor landing page both download numbers are identical. Possibly it's the new code that's been putting subscription royalties in the SOD column that has been mangling the counts?

Well, I froze my portfolio today. But I only have 5-6 sales at the new prices