Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

Speechless!!!

But u know what Shutterstock, I'm also a subscriber to your service.

Your stupid greedy new earning structure just made me terminating your service FOREVER!

GOOD LUCK!

My photos are too precious to sell them a beggars` price. Who needs them  buy  on other stock photos for a normal Commission. I'm not used to being humiliated. I have the honor.

I freeze my portfolio. Until yesterday I received 38 cents, and today 10 cents is insulting. I can't think of a single product that costs ten cents. Although I live in a country with not as high a standard as America, and even here there is nothing under $ 1.
I'm level 4:)

2 dakika önce, sunnyfrog dedi:

Portföyümü dondurdum. Düne kadar 38 gönderdi aldım ve bugün 10 gönderdi hakaret ediyor. Nöbetçi mal olan tek bir ürün düşünemiyorum. Amerika kadar yüksek bir standarda sahip olmayan bir yılda yaşıyor olmama rağmen burada bile 1 doların altında bir şey yok.

Amerika'nın standartları sadece parası olanlar için yüksektir. Health services are free in my country.

1 hour ago, B.E. Lewis said:

I've disabled image sales until the $0.10 sales are restored to at least $0.25. Does anyone know if video sales are similarly crippled? I made $17.94 from my last video sale in May, which I consider decent and worth keeping videos up. If those have dropped to something ridiculous as images have, I'll disable those. 

I got video sale today for the super price of 2,57$ !!!! Used to be 20-40$

1 hour ago, Jake Sorensen said:

What do you mean? How long will the coalition be around. I am hoping for a very long time. My end goal is to develop enough sway within the industry that we can push the larger studios and production companies to only purchase from agencies that respect their contributors livelihoods.

I was referring to this  "They (SS) are now offering different deals to select people in hopes of this all going away."

Seriously not cool.

Level 5 and ss pays 10c per image instead of 38c... That means that I have a loss of about 75%!!!

Very angry and dissapointed for this ridiculous desicion. We all should disable our portfolio for a week to show that our opinion counts and they should at least respect our work.

12 minutes ago, Jane Rix said:

Following the update to the contributor homepage, I am now seeing my total all time earnings, with all time downloads underneath. The all time download figure is 138922, which tallies with my earnings summary.

To the right, the panel shows a breakdown of my footage and image sales. @Kate Shutterstock can I check why there is a discrepancy of some 4000 images? Can I also ask whether I'm owed commission for these images, as they haven't been accounted for in my earnings to date?1696176022_Screenshot2020-06-02at20_40_47.thumb.png.11f95034c19533abe3d1f0921300e2bf.png

The difference in my case is about 17000...

1 hour ago, Jake Sorensen said:

Everyone stop and read this. Its very important. Continue to quote it so that it doesn't get buried in the forum and others will see it. Many members of the Stock Submitters Coalition (the new coalition created to fight changes like these and you can join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/261369748434285/ ) have reported to us that they received a communication from Shutterstock wanting them to sign a separate deal that will allow them to stay at what they said was the current percentage (Im assuming that means the previous structure) until the end of January and then they would be taken down to level 1 like everyone else. They are hoping to quell the rebellion by throwing a carrot in front of a select group of contributors and making them feel special. Just when you thought they couldn't get worse they go and do something like this. They are now offering different deals to select people in hopes of this all going away. Not to mention the deal they are offering still sucks. If you get one of these letters/emails I implore you to not sign it. In fact, I beg you to post it here and show the rest of the contributors what Shutterstock is trying to do behind everyones backs.

Again, keep quoting and reposting this for others to see. Join the Stock Submitters Coalition and help fight this. We are over 600 members strong now and represent a portfolio of over 7.65 million. Our members have pushed articles out to many websites: https://fstoppers.com/originals/what-wrong-shutterstock-489338 , https://www.dpreview.com/news/7607355790/shutterstock-announces-new-earnings-structure-contributors-are-anything-but-happy , https://petapixel.com/2020/05/27/shutterstock-unveiled-a-new-royalty-structure-and-photographers-are-furious/ . Join in and help make a difference. https://www.facebook.com/groups/261369748434285/

reposting for others to see

1 minute ago, SeaRick1 said:

Full frame camera   $5k

Lenses                    $12k

Accessories            $3k

Time/travel/editing  $incalculable

Payment                  $00.10

WOW

Well put! Truly dishonorable and disrespectful to ALL of us who have spent SO MUCH time and effort helping build this company to what it is today. "Thank you contributors. Now get LOST!!!!" Like a kick in the groin!

5 hours ago, Rodrigo Lira said:

Any "big player" (thousands of photos) deleting their portfolio right now? 🤔

I've permanently deleted my portfolio at Bigstock (part of Shutterstock) and wait for the confimation. I sent the email at Sunday with the reason #boycottshutterstock and a link to this thread. The earnings there were so small for the last three years it's not a big deal.

And I also stopped uploading new content to Shutterstock... Hey there are now more than 500 images at Adobe Stock which shutterstock customers never will see 😄

I will wait one more month. I want to calculate my final loss compared to the old price model. If there will be no statement or adjustment from SS during this time I'm out...

BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK      BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK     BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK        BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK         BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK    BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK         BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK      BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK       BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK       BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK       BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK      BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK      BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK      BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK       BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK       BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK          BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK         BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK         BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK         BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK         BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK        BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK       BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK       BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK        BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK        BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK        BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK        BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK        BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK        BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK        BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK         BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK        BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK          BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK        BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK         BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK        BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK        BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK       BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK       BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK     BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK         BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK        BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK         BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK       BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK      BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK         BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK       BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK          BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK          BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK          BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK         BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK          BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK              BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK        BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK        BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK       BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK       BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK         BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK        BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK         BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK       BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK        BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK        BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK         BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK        BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK       BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK            BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK            BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK             BOYCOTT SHUTTERSTOCK

13 minutes ago, Jane Rix said:

Following the update to the contributor homepage, I am now seeing my total all time earnings, with all time downloads underneath. The all time download figure is 138922, which tallies with my earnings summary.

To the right, the panel shows a breakdown of my footage and image sales. @Kate Shutterstock can I check why there is a discrepancy of some 4000 images? Can I also ask whether I'm owed commission for these images, as they haven't been accounted for in my earnings to date?1696176022_Screenshot2020-06-02at20_40_47.thumb.png.11f95034c19533abe3d1f0921300e2bf.png

@Kate Shutterstock What is going on?

@Jane Rix  SAME STORY in my account.  14507 downloads are missing

==============================================================================================================
Contributors, ATTENTION PLEASE!
Discrepancy of images downloaded (# from the LEFT side VS # from the RIGHT side)

Who has the same problem?

==============================================================================================================

2 hours ago, Jake Sorensen said:

Everyone stop and read this. Its very important. Continue to quote it so that it doesn't get buried in the forum and others will see it. Many members of the Stock Submitters Coalition (the new coalition created to fight changes like these and you can join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/261369748434285/ ) have reported to us that they received a communication from Shutterstock wanting them to sign a separate deal that will allow them to stay at what they said was the current percentage (Im assuming that means the previous structure) until the end of January and then they would be taken down to level 1 like everyone else. They are hoping to quell the rebellion by throwing a carrot in front of a select group of contributors and making them feel special. Just when you thought they couldn't get worse they go and do something like this. They are now offering different deals to select people in hopes of this all going away. Not to mention the deal they are offering still sucks. If you get one of these letters/emails I implore you to not sign it. In fact, I beg you to post it here and show the rest of the contributors what Shutterstock is trying to do behind everyones backs.

Again, keep quoting and reposting this for others to see. Join the Stock Submitters Coalition and help fight this. We are over 600 members strong now and represent a portfolio of over 7.65 million. Our members have pushed articles out to many websites: https://fstoppers.com/originals/what-wrong-shutterstock-489338 , https://www.dpreview.com/news/7607355790/shutterstock-announces-new-earnings-structure-contributors-are-anything-but-happy , https://petapixel.com/2020/05/27/shutterstock-unveiled-a-new-royalty-structure-and-photographers-are-furious/ . Join in and help make a difference. https://www.facebook.com/groups/261369748434285/

Up!

12 minutes ago, iweta0077 said:
I think SS is preparing for bankruptcy and finally wants to earn at our expense. Have you also noticed a decrease in profit over the last 2 months? Only tiny sales, and now even this. Something bad has been going on for 2 months.

Don't get me wrong, as I am equally unhappy with the new Shutterstock pricing, but I think the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic may have something to do with low sales for the past two months?

7 minutes ago, wacomka said:

@Kate Shutterstock What is going on?

@Jane Rix  SAME STORY in my account.  14507 downloads are missing

Contributors, ATTENTION PLEASE!
Discrepancy of images downloaded (# from the LEFT side VS # from the RIGHT side)

Who has the same problem?

Thanks you @wacomka and @William Perugini. I assume it's some sort of bug, but I'd definitely like clarification. Perhaps @Kate Shutterstock will come back with some more information. I know there was a problem with subs showing in the SOD column, and despite a message that it was fixed, my subs are still turning up as SODs, so maybe there are some teething problems. 

The very first time when I have 2 PAGES of single image sales. 60+ images were sold by invisible licence. I have never had such sales before. There were single sales but for 30-70 us dollars. Now it's 10 cent. New CEO have some corruption ideas?