Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

I've disabled image sales until the $0.10 sales are restored to at least $0.25. Does anyone know if video sales are similarly crippled? I made $17.94 from my last video sale in May, which I consider decent and worth keeping videos up. If those have dropped to something ridiculous as images have, I'll disable those. 

2 minutes ago, MaDedee said:

As far as I can see....your account is still active....

P.S. Don't tell others what to do. It is not polite. 

No one is sure how long it takes for it to actually become disabled. I did mine and someone said that 6 hours later it still appeared active.

1 hour ago, Stefano_Valeri said:

41 downloads and 6,06 dollars so far...

That is totally depressing for such a lovely port.

On 5/26/2020 at 8:33 PM, jean-francois me said:

i think SS is trying to Flatten the curve....  Yet again they misunderstand the real world.  

They will soon land on the tarmac.

1765010693_Screenshot2020-06-02at20_32_13.thumb.png.a7dafcd565837c412998c90086ec444b.png

11 minutes ago, Jake Sorensen said:

What do you mean? How long will the coalition be around. I am hoping for a very long time. My end goal is to develop enough sway within the industry that we can push the larger studios and production companies to only purchase from agencies that respect their contributors livelihoods.

Hi! Please accept my Request in FB (Alina Dremina). Thanks :)

My highest today was 0.13. i also had few 0.10. This is beyond sad. My biggest comfort is that i didn't upload for quite some time here and looks like i wont do it in the future also. When i started, I loved shutterstock for map and i appreciated their professionalism; they never messed up payouts (like some other companies), contributors share was 'clear' (in a way u knew ur minimum) and contributors were motivated with tier leveling.  Sadly, ss is on hold for me now, Adobe is on top as my earnings there are mostly 0.69 and 0.99 per sale. 

21 minutes ago, MaDedee said:

Görebildiğim kadarıyla .... hesabınız hala aktif ....

Not: Başkalarına ne yapacaklarını söyleme. Kibar değil. 

My account is not active, I have frozen it.

19 minutes ago, Jake Sorensen said:

Hiç kimse bunun aslında devre dışı kalmasının ne kadar sürdüğünden emin değil. Benimkini yaptım ve biri 6 saat sonra hala aktif göründüğünü söyledi.

I also frozen a few hours ago. but it may seem active. but there was no sale. after freezing.

So that you live on 10 cents from each sale! New pricing is the worst thing that could be expected from you in a crisis. You signed your own sentence - bankruptcy! I am sure that in the near future the authors themselves will create an alternative platform for the implementation of their works, where they will be paid for their work. And you are burning in hell!

1 hour ago, Zacarias Pereira da Mata said:

I just deactivated my 7,000 photos and illustrations.

(Abraço Marafona)

Abração Zacarias!! Quanto à atitude de desactivar é a única possível como resposta.. Mais nada!!! 

On 6/2/2020 at 2:28 PM, Jake Sorensen said:

My end goal is to develop enough sway within the industry that we can push the larger studios and production companies to only purchase from agencies that respect their contributors livelihoods.

This should be doable.  Starbuck has Fair Trade program https://www.starbucks.ca/responsibility%2Fsourcing%2Fcoffee

I don't upload images anymore in shutterstockthank Good I have an Adobe Stock account, for now only upload in Adobe Stock and Dreamstime.

When I see a massive disable accounts from all contributorsI turn my sells off again. Let's all together in the same date disable the portfolios! We must hit them hard know, this is slavery. 

What on earth is going on with the prices???

There are multiple issues!!, I am a level 4 and none of the numbers add up:

- Why am I earning $0.10/14 cents on Single and other! before i would earn atleast $1/2 dollars on each sale for this in images. Single and other cost typically more than subscription from what I know and as a Level 4 it makes no sense.

- All my recent sales from this update are "Single and other", Usually i hardly earn single and other, it all comes from subscriptions, but it's telling me "Single and other" sales are  $0.10-$0.14, and those are all the last 10 or so images i've sold since this update

Just now, Bruno Ismael Silva Alves said:

I don't upload images anymore in shutterstockthank Good I have an Adobe Stock account, for now only upload in Adobe Stock and Dreamstime.

When I see a massive disable accounts from all contributorsI turn my sells off again. Let's all together in the same date disable the portfolios! We must hit them hard know, this is slavery. 

Go for Depositphotos as well. For me it earns same as Adobe

33 minutes ago, Sivladi said:

It is unimaginable. For me, this is the end of cooperation, because these conditions are more than unfair.

Getty gets away with it, they'll all eventually follow the best model for THEM. We need to do what's right for us, freeze, delete etc. 

On 5/26/2020 at 7:14 PM, Photography by Adri said:

I'll join you in this! 😄 And I hope anyone else who values their work will, too.

I also join