Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

11 hours ago, Ipek Morel said:

I stopped my images and footages sales today because of the new payment attitude.

How can we do that? I wold like to stop my sales also because of the now payment attitude.

If anyone know please tell me. Thanks.

We all should done this!

Just imagine if every single one of us disabled our portfolio's, how long do you think it would take them to ditch this money grabbing scheme, 1hr?, 1 day?.

It's the ONLY way they are going to listen, complaining about it does nothing.

Licensing images is my living and it made me feel sick to see my commission go from an already miserly .38c to 10c, there is no way on this earth that anyone is getting my images for 10c.

I have now disabled my image portfolio and if my next footage download is for peanuts that too will be disabled.

Disgusting way to treat your contributors Shutterstock. 

33 minutes ago, Max Engine said:

Çünkü Manhattan'da yaşıyorlar ve Empire State Binası'nda çalışıyorlar. Ve onlar Kral olduğunu düşünüyorum ve biz 0.10 $ kazanmak için bir at gibi çalışmak için zavallı lanet köle vardır .... Neden 0.01 $ değil? 1 Cent de iyidir : D

let slaves work. just by eating enough not to die and working. let the masters earn more money from the work of the slaves ...

3 minutes ago, Bennian said:

How can we do that? I wold like to stop my sales also because of the now payment attitude.

If anyone know please tell me. Thanks.

We all should done this!

How do I deactivate/delete my contributor account?

We provide the options below to deactivate/delete your contributor account:

Opting out of sales (recommended option)
Opting out of sales will remove your content from online display, but keeps your account active and ensures that your earnings payment will be made when you reach the minimum payout level. Your referral earnings will also continue to accumulate. Opting in or out of sales allows you to quickly reinstate your previously approved content if you decide to return to Shutterstock in the future.

To opt out of sales, log into your account and navigate to the Account Settings page from the drop-down menu under your name in the top right corner of the page. Scroll down to the section How can we license your work? and select No for the sales options.

Deactivating your account
Deactivating your account removes your content from online display and bars you from access to your account and participation in our forums. If you wish to return at a later time, the account can usually be reactivated with the help of our care team. We will pay any outstanding earnings above $1, but you will need to contact us in advance to process this payment. 

Contact us if you wish to deactivate your account or if you wish to reactivate an old account. Please do not create another account without contacting us first, as this is not permitted per the Contributor Terms of Service.

Deleting your account
You have the right to access and correct, or delete your Personal Information and privacy preferences at any time. You can immediately change your profile here or request a deletion of your personal information from our privacy team - Privacy@shutterstock.com. Deleting your account will permanently remove your content from online display, bar access to your account and participation in our forums. You can find detailed information on our Privacy Policy.

•  

I sold 3 pictures and the earnings (10cents each wtf) accumulate to the same amount I previously got for 1 picture. This is a joke. Obviously i will not delete my portfolio as it wouldn't make any economic sense with all the hours put in to build it up but you can be damn sure I will never ever again upload anything new. 

Posted (edited)

What an absolute joke of a decision this is. I hadn't been clear exactly how this would play out when I got the email, but a day into June and all is clear. Earnings cut by 60%, and also when I was just on the verge of moving up to a higher tier too. 

I'm furious about the time I've wasted building up my image portfolio on here just to see it rendered pretty worthless (and it wasn't exactly a cash cow as it was!) so I'll be deactivating my account. If that's all they think our work is worth to them then they can go without.

Pure shameless greed. Disgusting stuff. And a huge mistake SS will surely regret.

Edited by Carl Forbes
Edited to make clear that it really wasn't a cash cow!

17 minutes ago, AkuZone said:

Üzgünüm, artık bu deliliğe dayanamıyor. 7 indirme ve sadece 0.7 $. Limanı lisans için devre dışı bıraktım .... SS tarafından sömürülmediğimi bilerek huzur içinde uyuyabilirim.

me too.

2 minutes ago, SmallWorldProduction said:

I sold 3 pictures and the earnings (10cents each wtf) accumulate to the same amount I previously got for 1 picture. This is a joke. Obviously i will not delete my portfolio as it wouldn't make any economic sense with all the hours put in to build it up but you can be damn sure I will never ever again upload anything new. 

You can still pull your content by deactivating the sales. In this way when Shutterstock finally unerstand their mistake and fix it you can simply reactivate your content.

1 minute ago, Mirko Rosenau said:

You can still pull your content by deactivating the sales. In this way when Shutterstock finally unerstand their mistake and fix it you can simply reactivate your content.

They will not fix. Dont even hope. Even if they will make it back i dont want 0.25-0.33-0.36-0.38 i want more. 0.30-0.35-0.40-0.45

9 hours ago, Evgeniyqw said:

Hello colleagues! We need a Union, for a start in USA. later international! Who can assemble a Union?

We have already begun the process. Its not a full union at this point but a coalition where contributors can band together and agree on how to deal with issues like these. Join the facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/261369748434285/ . I'm hoping to get a website up and running soon.

On 5/26/2020 at 10:30 AM, Kate Shutterstock said:

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjustment in order to reflect changes in the market for creative content, help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors, and reward performance with greater earnings potential. 

Starting on June 1st, 2020, your earnings for each license will be based on your Image Level or your Video Level.  

earnings-for-images-forum.png.89c1b679a14834960f019668d0f028d0.png

earnings-for-videos-forum.png.803eddaf31ab4c904b5d8d660bc0495a.png

On June 1, you will be placed in an Image Level and a Video Level based on your download count so far in 2020. The email you receive today will let you know which levels you are in as of this morning. 

How does it work?

• These new levels are based on the number of times your content is licensed rather than your lifetime earnings. 
  • All contributors reset to level 1 for both images and videos every year on January 1st.
  • There are separate levels for images and for videos, and you graduate through them independently based on your download count in each category.

LOL

8 minutes ago, Mirko Rosenau said:

How do I deactivate/delete my contributor account?

We provide the options below to deactivate/delete your contributor account:

Opting out of sales (recommended option)
Opting out of sales will remove your content from online display, but keeps your account active and ensures that your earnings payment will be made when you reach the minimum payout level. Your referral earnings will also continue to accumulate. Opting in or out of sales allows you to quickly reinstate your previously approved content if you decide to return to Shutterstock in the future.

To opt out of sales, log into your account and navigate to the Account Settings page from the drop-down menu under your name in the top right corner of the page. Scroll down to the section How can we license your work? and select No for the sales options.

Deactivating your account
Deactivating your account removes your content from online display and bars you from access to your account and participation in our forums. If you wish to return at a later time, the account can usually be reactivated with the help of our care team. We will pay any outstanding earnings above $1, but you will need to contact us in advance to process this payment. 

Contact us if you wish to deactivate your account or if you wish to reactivate an old account. Please do not create another account without contacting us first, as this is not permitted per the Contributor Terms of Service.

Deleting your account
You have the right to access and correct, or delete your Personal Information and privacy preferences at any time. You can immediately change your profile here or request a deletion of your personal information from our privacy team - Privacy@shutterstock.com. Deleting your account will permanently remove your content from online display, bar access to your account and participation in our forums. You can find detailed information on our Privacy Policy.

• Thanks! Done it! We should all do this! What Shuterstock are doing is not OK, it is not OK!

Screenshot_3.jpg

12 minutes ago, Stefano_Valeri said:

41 downloads and 6,06 dollars so far...

What a beautiful Italian portfolio. Every image so good and beautiful that you get a holiday feeling. And then you get 14.6 cents per photo for a really effective portfolio. The development is really sad when I look at such an example. And I am sure that I could look at hundreds of such valuable portfolios on these pages of the forum alone.

37 minutes ago, Marafona said:

Absolutely!!!

Am I reading you correctly?  You are Absolutely OKAY with the new prices??  That is how it appears to be being read as.  

3 minutes ago, Bennian said:

I am in friend! Thanks!

Just requested to be friend. We need to organize on how to deal with this. What Shutterstock did here is simply wrong. The pay is not even matching what their own email said. 

Hello everyone! 

After this announcement, and following all those contributors' reactions, I wil wait for a month to see if SS wil revert back to normal, slowing down my uploading rate at the same time.

If not, then I will stop uploading for a couple of weeks. If still SS will not revert, I will be obliged to delete my entire portfolio.  

What future does SS expect? Now there's just no sense and no perspective. Most publishers will give it up and new ones won't start working for peanuts. Even in poor countries, like my Ukraine. 

7 minutes ago, Mirko Rosenau said:

Just requested to be friend. We need to organize on how to deal with this. What Shutterstock did here is simply wrong. The pay is not even matching what their own email said. 

Yes, and I wonder what they will tell shareholders on the next quarterly report. I can't believe they are getting any new downloads and it would be nice if they lost half of their database images.