Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

2 minutes ago, graphicline said:

#boycottshutterstock

I just did. No sense on moaning,cry or regret. Only voice they hear is our strong collective action!!

Just now, Marafona said:

Az önce yaptım. İnleme, ağlama veya pişmanlık gibi bir anlamı yok. Duydukları tek ses güçlü kolektif eylemimiz!

Strength arises from unity!

The amount of royalty that Shutterstock cut is ridiculous. Why not just a few cents to save money, it would have added up, but we are talking about 38% or more pay cut!!

Is it that they wanted to eliminate millions of images and hope for fresh good content from people willing to sell work cheap? Just an awful, uncaring business decision.

I will not upload any new content and if I don't get some decent extended licenses, I will remove my portfolio as well at the end of the month.

Just now, Andrew F. Kazmierski said:

The amount of royalty that Shutterstock cut is ridiculous. Why not just a few cents to save money, it would have added up, but we are talking about 38% or more pay cut!!

Is it that they wanted to eliminate millions of images and hope for fresh good content from people willing to sell work cheap? Just an awful, uncaring business decision.

I will not upload any new content and if I don't get some decent extended licenses, I will remove my portfolio as well at the end of the month.

Mines down by over 60% today on level 5. I would have made more money selling every download on a flat rate of 20c

41 minutes ago, RoJo Images said:

I have been here for many years and have enjoyed the extra income but it is not my livelihood.  I feel really bad for those who have counted on SS as part of their living and have been loyal.  That loyalty did not pay off.  The way I look at this is...if your images are here for .10 this is where buyers will come to purchase them.

I am guessing that SS has lowered buyers costs as well to drive them here?  Does anyone know?  At any rate this whole move is so unjust for all that have been part of SS-it truly is a slap in the face.  The amount made just is not worth it.  But..what counts is are the buyers going to continue to come here-that is where SS will get hurt in the pocket.

I don't believe SS gives a rat's ass so the speak about anyone leaving....at least not yet.  The key is to take your buyers with you.

Here are their plans for buyers:

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 9.48.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 9.48.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 9.48.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 9.48.29 AM.png

3 minutes ago, RukiMedia said:

I will not cancel my portfolio because I invested too much time for it. As I said, Shutterstock shot itself in the legs. No more time for you. 

This sounds to Shutterstock "I'm okay with the new earning system"

Down to 10 cents from 33 cents and you think I should be happy I was promoted to Level 4? Wow, disgusting, unconscionable, a slap in the face to your contributors.

1 hour ago, Rick Lohre said:

I know many simply cannot afford to shut their sales down, but I can afford to (especially now given the sharp decrease in revenue) so I have deactivated licensing on my account. I encourage those of you who have complained about this change to do so as well. Put your convictions to the test and do the hard thing. Otherwise SS will not feel the pain and will not be forced to re-evaluate.
And Diplikaya, that's a brilliant move adding that to your portfolio. Especially since my photos are still somewhat searchable for the meantime until the change in licensing takes effect.

I've done what Diplikaya did too.

So my total sales today of all types, subs, sod, single & other etc are less than half what they would have been if I'd sold the same number of images all at sub rates. This is at level 5, level 6 is completely unattainable and it will only get worse in January.

Totally demotivated as cannot ever hope to achieve greater earnings potential as it's now been made impossible. I may as well get a job cleaning toilets, at least I'll be able to look for my earnings while I'm at.

3 minutes ago, Diplikaya said:

This sounds to Shutterstock "I'm okay with the new earning system"

Absolutely!!!

I'm a newcomer to Shutterstock. I thought .25 was bad. Now a paltry 10 cents for images? That is a slap in the face and pure greed on Shutterstock's part to squeeze even more money from contributors' pockets.

Time to look elsewhere. Time to work with a company who respects the time, money and talent that goes into making quality images and videos and rewards them for their talent and efforts.

bye bye shutterstock, I refused to getty for their rate of remuneration, I reserve my files on adobe and the others and I will test a new marketplace which seems interesting for the photographers "photochain". Good luck to all

Exactly. 

I'm waiting a month to see if anyone listens to what we have to say. During this period I do not upload any images. For 10 cents it is not worth the time lost. 

2 minutes ago, Chann Stock said:

Exactly. 

I'm waiting a month to see if anyone listens to what we have to say. During this period I do not upload any images. For 10 cents it is not worth the time lost. 

Waiting one month is too long in my opinion. 

Hello, @Kate Shutterstock! 0.10 - 0.11 is far too little for my work. It is the least of all stock sites. If this continues, I will end my collaboration with Shutterstock.