Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

So I got my first sale today at 0.1USD...ridiculous, what a waste of time shooting, uploading and keywording all those photos,

I guess they did this to earn more money and to get the smaller low sales photographers out of the way and have a more stable quality portfolio of the big production companies that can reach 5,000 sales in one month.

However I do not like companies that disrepesct the work of any creative, especially when all of them have to pass a quality test before entering. 

In a way this is good news. I always struggle after a session deciding what to do: Should I upload content to Micro or go for premium Macro? Now I have the easiest choice ever. I won´t bother wasting time uploading here anymore. Sessions that do not make it into Macro will go to other micro agencies as exclusive.

Cheers!

This is very discouraging and it has become pointless to spend time, energy and sell someone creativity almost for free. So far, I have been satisfied with the cooperation, but this is a disaster, very disappointing.

Because of my free time, I have decided to increase my portfolio. But, earning structure was updated. Therefore, I thought Why I should spend time to earn only 0.1 dollar for a photo! Shutterstock doesn't respect our labor! We are content producer not a slave. I will sell my contents other stock sites. Some of them are really remunerate for our labor with good earnings! My content could be smaller than most contributor, but this is really injustice for contributors who works for 5 or 10 years! 

23 minutes ago, David CJ said:

I guess they did this to earn more money and to get the smaller low sales photographers out of the way and have a more stable quality portfolio of the big production companies that can reach 5,000 sales in one month.

Level 4 or 5 is NOT a solution. That's what everyone found out since yesterday. Let's look at the chart again. As you can see 10 cents per image is possible even under Level 6! And with 13 or 16 cents per image you are not getting anywhere better.

table.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mitoria said:

I won't sell my vector illustrations for $0.10. This price strategy is unacceptable! Deactivated my portfolio. I'd rather delete all of my artworks from Shutterstock than sell them for this ridiculous price. 

photo5958806200650936812.jpg

I just got 11 cts for my photo ! is that an option

Kate Shutterstock, please tell me if there will be an official detailed table with deductions for authors of different levels? I have level 5 and my deductions do not correspond to my 35% of the actual cost that the buyer pays. Why do not you give detailed information on new deductions?

i naively hoped that some day SS will be so kind and will rise max royalties from 0.38 to 0.40 may be, but obviously SS doesn't  give a F...

This is so disrespectful to all contributors' affords and costs... Very disappointing, three years of work to get to level 3 and now dropped to $0,1. Very demotivating...

I'll probably be disabling my account and won't be uploading new content. Plenty of other agencies out there who pay more. Very disappointing Shutterstock! We used to love you for being an agency that was fair to your contributors.

1 hour ago, samoyloff said:

Because there are only regular subscription packages listed in such spreadsheets. Shutterstock also has better (cheaper) deals they offer directly to big clients. So sometimes it will be even less than what is listed in the spreadsheets.

All the more reason for SS to publish “their” spreadsheet