New earnings structure for Contributors

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

@Kate Shutterstock

Kate, I have requested some clarifying information. Please, before I turn off my portfolio, provide us with a spreadsheet showing what contributors will be paid by level by customer subscription license by sub, sod, enhanced license, single & other. You, as the SS messenger owe that much. This seems insane.

11 minutes ago, DaLiu said:

90% of my sales are 10c sales, this is not normal, SS give us an option to opt out from 700/350 pack subs, it is our choice how we sell our content or I am going to disable content for selling.

Mine are 95 %, I used to get double digit sods and videos on almost daily basis, now i only get 10, 12 cents and one on demand for 2,45 while it used to be 2,85. Level 5 and that is how we ended up...? I am not uploading any more here, while something change for the better 

3 minutes ago, Michael Warwick said:

@Kate Shutterstock

Kate, I have requested some clarifying information. Please, before I turn off my portfolio, provide us with a spreadsheet showing what contributors will be paid by level by customer subscription license by sub, sod, enhanced license, single & other. You, as the SS messenger owe that much. This seems insane.

This has been posted a number of times here and in other media. Yeah, it was calculated by contributors and not provided by SS, but their math would be the same.

Making 10 cents is not even worth switch on my camera. Let alone:

planning,

setting up,

traveling,

shooting,

find composition, lighting, framing

transfer to lightroom,

editing,

exporting,

uploading,

think of description,

brainstorm 50 keywords,

fix rejected photo.

print model release, write model release, scan model release

Lol use your common sense.

1 minute ago, samoyloff said:

This has been posted a number of times here and in other media. Yeah, it was calculated by contributors and not provided by SS, but their math would be the same.

But what has been reported is not consistent with what I am being paid. It makes no sense and I don’t even know if SS is doing it correctly. They can’t get it straight on the earnings page.

1 minute ago, Michael Warwick said:

But what has been reported is not consistent with what I am being paid. It makes no sense and I don’t even know if SS is doing it correctly. They can’t get it straight on the earnings page.

Because there are only regular subscription packages listed in such spreadsheets. Shutterstock also has better (cheaper) deals they offer directly to big clients. So sometimes it will be even less than what is listed in the spreadsheets.

46 minutes ago, Sergey Chumakov said:

People!

Do not tell them that you are simply unhappy. You need to ask them something exactly.

For example slogan -

1) CANCEL 1 jan yearly reset!

2) INCREASE minimal payment to 25 cents or/and cancel stupid plans like 9000 images for 1999 USD.

I dont need to ask them something. They change the rules fine. I am in Fotolia right now. And work for Fotolia where payments are 0.66$ and+ 

3 hours ago, Red Din said:

When you sell your stuff to the competition that offers unlimited downloads you are basically ruining your own business here.

Customers are not stupid, I'm a stock subscriber on a yearly payment and I come here because it's cheap and plenty of content to choose from.

If you upload your portfolio of 10k images and I can download it with a monthly subscription, I will do that, others will follow me, you will earn your pennies and Shutterstock loses, your earnings here LOSE.

So I believe the millions of people selling their entire portfolio for unlimited downloads are the ones to be blamed.

Whoever has files on these platforms doesn't have the right to complain about this and the rest should blame them for ruining this ecosystem.

Thank you so much for this warning! I don't sell on any sites that offer unlimited downloads, but that is by accident, not design.

I completely see your point, and I will look out for this trap before signing up anywhere from now on. Thank you for taking the time to let us know! 

17 minutes ago, SkyImages said:

Making 10 cents is not even worth switch on my camera. Let alone:

planning,

setting up,

traveling,

shooting,

find composition, lighting, framing

transfer to lightroom,

editing,

exporting,

uploading,

think of description,

brainstorm 50 keywords,

fix rejected photo.

print model release, write model release, scan model release

Lol use your common sense.

On a good day i can upload 50 photos from scratch. 50 x .01 ct = i hope i sell something

I will not cry to Shutterstock! I have honor. People are on streets now in the USA, to protest, to scream against injustice, against slavery! What I do is nothing compared to what they do, what they risk!

I will not cry to Shutterstock! I have honor. I deactivated my portfolio. in 72 hours of time my portfolio will be not accessible.

I will not cry to shutterstock! I will not say I will "when possible"! 

I just say "I DID!"

I deactivated my portfolio!