Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

1 minute ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

I'll reach the 35% level next week. So right now I'm level 4. The table doesn't show this $1.01. That's why I still say this whole thing is absolutely intransparent.

Chy is level 5 and had one for $1.02 - seems to be rounded up.

I guess we don't know everything then....but when did we ever? 🙃

2 hours ago, Photoroyalty said:

Level 5 and all my sales are under 0.20c

how is this rewarding anything i just wonder ?

Screenshot_1.jpg

it rewards the CEO in increasing dividends on his shares, and value of options

3 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

I'll reach the 35% level next week. So right now I'm level 4. The table doesn't show this $1.01. That's why I still say this whole thing is absolutely intransparent.

Chy is level 5 and had one for $1.02 - seems to be rounded up.

table was only done for price in one certain market.  Many countries have local pricing.  in addition @Kate Shutterstock is still looking into information as regard to currency conversion.

4 minutes ago, Tupungato said:

@Kate Shutterstock

What is the official policy of currency conversions? Customers pay in various currencies. When customer buys images in EUR, what is the currency exchange rate determining contributor's royalty?

asked before.  Kate is probably getting all this information for us.  The accounting department really left her out to dry with their lack of communication package. 

I got an Enhanced sale. I made the calculations.
Prices for Enhanced sales are on the site. I attached a screen where I already calculated how much I will receive as an author of 5 lvl (commission of 35%)

I got - $ 20.23, although the minimum must be $ 23.78
Why? it's like cheating

-dE3vuFKvrk.jpg

When you sell your stuff to the competition that offers unlimited downloads you are basically ruining your own business here.

Customers are not stupid, I'm a stock subscriber on a yearly payment and I come here because it's cheap and plenty of content to choose from.

If you upload your portfolio of 10k images and I can download it with a monthly subscription, I will do that, others will follow me, you will earn your pennies and Shutterstock loses, your earnings here LOSE.

So I believe the millions of people selling their entire portfolio for unlimited downloads are the ones to be blamed.

Whoever has files on these platforms doesn't have the right to complain about this and the rest should blame them for ruining this ecosystem.

42 minutes ago, Red Din said:

Sadly I have to agree with other posters here.

The business model is no longer sustainable for SS and the fault stands on contributors shoulders selling themselves cheap on unlimited download platforms draggin the market down.

Shamefully, people don't respect their own work and it's entirely their fault.

We have to compete with unlimited download machines now and it's a losing battle.

I will no longer upload here.

"Revenue per download remained flat at $3.42.".....and you get 10 cents!

Financial Outlook first quarter 2020

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/shutterstock-reports-first-quarter-2020-financial-results-301048037.html

"Given the significant uncertainty that remains regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including the pace of recovery, the severity of the impact on the global economy, our customers' ability to maintain marketing spend, and the resulting difficulty in forecasting, we are withdrawing the 2020 financial guidance we previously announced on February 13, 2020.

While revenues have been negatively impacted since the onset of the pandemic, at current volumes, we expect to produce significant earnings and free cash flow in 2020, allowing us to continue paying a quarterly dividend and reinvesting in our business. We are well positioned financially with $296 million in cash and no debt. Our strong liquidity position combined with the progress we are making against our margin enhancement initiatives make us well positioned to meet our financial objectives when demand returns to historical levels," concluded Jarrod Yahes, Chief Financial Officer.

First Quarter 2020 highlights compared to First Quarter 2019:

Key Operating Metrics

• Paid downloads decreased 1% to 46.8 million.
  • Revenue per download remained flat at $3.42.
  • Image collection expanded 27% to approximately 330 million images.
  • Video collection expanded 29% to approximately 18 million clips.

12 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Thanks for your patience. This display issue has been resolved. Your commissions are now appearing in the appropriate column.

My 10 cent earnings are still in "Single & other"! You're even lying about it!

people have labored for years. some people worked full-time. people can't erase their portfolio. because they know that, they use this situation. What are we going to do after 5 years when they once again halve the percentage of our earnings?

1 minute ago, Fredrik Bourdette said:

"Revenue per download remained flat at $3.42.".....and you get 10 cents!

Financial Outlook first quarter 2020

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/shutterstock-reports-first-quarter-2020-financial-results-301048037.html

"Given the significant uncertainty that remains regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including the pace of recovery, the severity of the impact on the global economy, our customers' ability to maintain marketing spend, and the resulting difficulty in forecasting, we are withdrawing the 2020 financial guidance we previously announced on February 13, 2020.

While revenues have been negatively impacted since the onset of the pandemic, at current volumes, we expect to produce significant earnings and free cash flow in 2020, allowing us to continue paying a quarterly dividend and reinvesting in our business. We are well positioned financially with $296 million in cash and no debt. Our strong liquidity position combined with the progress we are making against our margin enhancement initiatives make us well positioned to meet our financial objectives when demand returns to historical levels," concluded Jarrod Yahes, Chief Financial Officer.

First Quarter 2020 highlights compared to First Quarter 2019:

Key Operating Metrics

• Paid downloads decreased 1% to 46.8 million.
  • Revenue per download remained flat at $3.42.
  • Image collection expanded 27% to approximately 330 million images.
  • Video collection expanded 29% to approximately 18 million clips.

Sorry but that's not growth. It is manageable and every contributor can see a decline before and after the new earning schedule.

3 hours ago, Andmedia said:

What is the difference between 1 level and 4 levels? All the same, sales for 10 s. I immediately closed my port. There is nothing to wait. My port is closed !!!!!

Looks like no difference between levels😔

Have just received my first 10cts (instead of 33cts) so have personally paid Shutterstock an extra 23cts today. It would be interesting to know how much they have robbed us all of in just 1 day.....  

I don't believe from these 50 million stock photos (not vectors) you can't find plenty of shutterstock contributors selling there.

So while we complain, our fellow contributors are selling their entire portfolios for unlimited downloads: 14.50$ month!

Sounds like a deal?

ddddd.JPG

I have 0.11 0.12 0.14 0.44 0.43.

I really have no idea which packs these licenses belong to, it's all messed up and showing up in the SOD.

There's too much variation in the pricing, ridiculous.

54 minutes ago, AnastasiaOsipova said:

Well... for 10 cents, I can only sell pictures drawn in 10 minutes. I don't have any of them. Maybe when there is time and I will have nothing to do I will stamp such simple drawings. I will not upload new complex vector images, but let my portfolio remain as an advertisement for my work for private clients. And those cents that are paid here will go to pay for electricity for my work and good sales on other microstocks. 

I'm afraid Shutterstock will eventually become a drain

it will not be an advertimsement of your work it will be a place where they will get your works for nothing without going to other stocks and paying bigger money. хнык

Hello there. 

This change is unbelievable. It's like robbing you... How can they change their policy with our work without us agreeing to? I am thinking to delete my portfolio. 

So the 2,7$ became 0,95$ and the 0,36$ -> 0,10$ thats 1/3. Even if I go to Level 5 or 6 I will not get back to the previous already low prices... 

Did you sign the petition at change? What can we do to complain?

48 minutes ago, Conde said:

i know. i have some firends that works with SS in development countries. I'am sorry very much. 

Good look

Thank you! ) Good luck to you too. Rain can't go on forever.