Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

What do I propose to do with a noticeable decrease in commision  on the shutter.
Friends, you must be able to appreciate your work. After all, we set the level of the shutter.

Does SS think our work costs 10 cents? Ok - here's the work for 10 cents. More complicated work can and should be loaded onto other drains - the same Adobe, Pond5, Alami, etc.
Thus, on stocks where labor is valued more expensive - the content will be better. And we can do this ourselves. Only together.

What can be done for this to begin with -

1. remove complex work that is a pity to sell for a penny.
2. load simple works, for example, 1 icon per sheet (for vectors) or don't load more works

Thus, we will show customers that the content level on the shutter has fallen, and on other stocks, the filling of high-quality content continues. And no matter what the SS decides in this case, we will no longer be in such disadvantages. Either the shutter will review the policy, or will sell simple content.

The quality of the content in stock depends only on you and me. Understand this.
I ask you to speak

If we bow our heads like slaves, we will be slaves, and therefore they will treat us badly

Well... for 10 cents, I can only sell pictures drawn in 10 minutes. I don't have any of them. Maybe when there is time and I will have nothing to do I will stamp such simple drawings. I will not upload new complex vector images, but let my portfolio remain as an advertisement for my work for private clients. And those cents that are paid here will go to pay for electricity for my work and good sales on other microstocks. 

I'm afraid Shutterstock will eventually become a drain

I don't know even how to call that all... SS Took adventage on G mistake, and first time ever, it is really possible, that "G" will earn more that SS (with 50% less portfolio on "G"). I don't upload many photos to G for reason everyone knows. Even after I noticed information about changing salary system, I tried (I know, im naive...) believe everything will be ok. But it isn't... Numbers can't lie -

Level 5 - last 20 downloads 2x 0,20$, rest between 0,15-0,10$. (over 75% drop!!!)

You wrote on your fanpage solidarity with situation in US atm, what the hipocrisy... You do same what happened there to Us, and where is your solidarity?? You even don't listen what people talk... and you are here, because you read posts! You have written, that this NEW system will motivate people.. you know what? It was right! You motivated people to stop uploading photos and motivated people to find new business. 

SS Was for me the leading bank, I do always upload photos first to SS. 

Your contributors also have plans, also want to develop, and suddenly without any reasonable reason (because we can see your financial totals are GREAT!!) you do what you did.

I have never thought that I'll really think about closing account on SS, but you do everything what you can to motivate me for that. It is sad, so long work w/o appreciate now.

By the way:

https://www.shutterstock.com/blog/look-inside-shutterstocks-new-hq-in-the-empire-state-building

You wrote at the bottom:

"The cafe is the heart of our office, providing a meeting place for daily free meals and doubling as a collaborative event space"

Are there any application forms for free meals for contributors too? Would like to apply.

1 hour ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Just had a download for 1.01 US$. Can't find that one in the table. So still we don't now all about the new schedule.

If you're at 35%, it's probably a line #4.

35% of $2.90 is $1.015 and you're not getting the rounded-up but rather the rounded-down amount!

2 minutes ago, blr_spy said:

4th level sales 0.10, 0.13, 0.14

the incentive to the next level is huge...

mockery!

Worry not, level 5 and level 6 sales are the same. There's no incentive at all.

The shutter compensates for its financial problems at the expense of authors who are dependent on it. Those. the authors are not partners, but slaves who should simply push, if the owner is impatient. Typical capitalism 19th century , Th.

23 minutes ago, nikiteev_konstantin said:

Your greed have just ruined our business. And of course it will ruin yours.

I'm not sure they really care about it. Short term goals of the investors is the only thing that matters.

Just now, Vectorrabbit said:

The shutter compensates for its financial problems at the expense of authors who are dependent on it.

They dont seem to have financial problems, they reported hundreds of millions of income in Q1 and got themselves a fancy expensive office in the Empire State Building.

7 minutes ago, stevemart said:

If you're at 35%, it's probably a line #4.

35% of $2.90 is $1.015 and you're not getting the rounded-up but rather the rounded-down amount!

I'll reach the 35% level next week. So right now I'm level 4. The table doesn't show this $1.01. That's why I still say this whole thing is absolutely intransparent.

Chy is level 5 and had one for $1.02 - seems to be rounded up.

42 minutes ago, AGfoto said:

This is my situation, stock sites are the only income, and since 2015 sales on SS went down. For the last 2 years I don't remeber having even 100$. I'm on SS 12 years. But I won't leave. I can't just throw away my work and time that I dedicated. Feels sad, devastated/ No light at the end of a tunnel right now.

i know. i have some firends that works with SS in development countries. I'am sorry very much. 

Good look

1 minute ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

I'll reach the 35% level next week. So right now I'm level 4. The table doesn't show this $1.01. That's why I still say this whole thing is absolutely intransparent.

I guess we don't know everything then....but when did we ever? 🙃

2 hours ago, Photoroyalty said:

Level 5 and all my sales are under 0.20c

how is this rewarding anything i just wonder ?

Screenshot_1.jpg

it rewards the CEO in increasing dividends on his shares, and value of options

3 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

table was only done for price in one certain market.  Many countries have local pricing.  in addition @Kate Shutterstock is still looking into information as regard to currency conversion.