Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

1 minute ago, Alex Vitanov said:

What a  vicious circle. Many of us will migrate to another stock site, until it gets bought by the same investors, and follow

There is a bug. It's called greed.

That bug SS have for years now.

8 minutes ago, MaDedee said:

I still believe that there is a bug in " level percentage " calculations....and I'll give SS 5 working days to clear it.

After that I'll decide should I stay or should I go.

I appreciate your optimism, but there is no bug (except the greed mentioned before). There are several post in this topic, with the spreadsheet explaining how it works. Also, you can make a buyer's account and see the prices for yourself, and calculate the percentage based on your level. I know it's very bad, I built my port in 11 years and now I just need to move on. 😥

3 minutes ago, Przemek Iciak said:

Просто знайте, что вчера, например, у меня была половина продаж со старым планом оплаты. Ну, сегодня выглядишь средне, и ты все знаешь. 

You need to do then the minimum plan is $ 4-5 per image. Then we get our minimum interest of $ 0.40

This morning 2 june : 19 downloads = 2.66$ !

I am level 5.

I'll wait several days to see more but if it's like this I have no other way that to disable my portfolio.

Shutterstock, the coronavirus made you crazy?

5 minutes ago, Alex Vitanov said:

What a vicious circle. Many of us will migrate to another stock site, until it gets bought by the same investors.

There is a bug. It's called greed.

It's not a bug, it's a "feature"…

10 cents at the level 5. What the hell? You have just made our income less in 4 times. 
I have worked for shuttestock 7 years. Almost 10 000items. I have almost 200 000 dowloads. And here we are. I get 10 cents for one download.

Your greed have just ruined our business. And of course it will ruin yours.

5 minutes ago, zsooofija said:

I appreciate your optimism, but there is no bug. There are several post in this topic, with the spreadsheet explaining how it works. Also, you can make a buyer's account and see the prices for yourself, and calculate the percentage based on your level. I know it's very bad, I built my port in 11 years and now I just need to move on. 😥

I just want to be fair ( even if SS isn't ) and give them 5 days...

Sadly I have to agree with other posters here.

The business model is no longer sustainable for SS and the fault stands on contributors shoulders selling themselves cheap on unlimited download platforms draggin the market down.

Shamefully, people don't respect their own work and it's entirely their fault.

We have to compete with unlimited download machines now and it's a losing battle.

I will no longer upload here.

6 hours ago, GregDPhotos said:

For all of us who disabled sales...

May 30:

image.jpeg.5d1901dcad81562afcff023ea429c882.jpeg

June 1

image.jpeg.1d69ff3fb9bee5101cbeccbe53285591.jpeg

So... according to SS, their database increased by 163,608 images in the past two days. 🤔

Looking to these numbers is worthless. SS will never communicate number of disabled files. Technically they are still in their database even if not available for buyers. They will always present 'nicer' picture - basic PR / marketing.

I disabled video and images portfolios, don't want to shoot in my last leg.

Already selling. All the prices are less. Is sale time. SS Does not understand, that when i make picture the photo will be sold maybe one time. Or it can be sold multiple times. But we both make less. If the profit for both would be good. Then the quality and the amount of photos will be higher send by contributors. I already upload 100's of photos on others. And is see result

Just now, DutchMen said:

Already selling. All the prices are less. Is sale time. SS Does not understand, that when i make picture the photo will be sold maybe one time. Or it can be sold multiple times. But we both make less. If the profit for both would be good. Then the quality and the amount of photos will be higher send by contributors. I already upload 100's of photos on others. And is see result

2 dollars again at dreamtimes

I have 4 level and today i have got 0.10 !!!!!!!! Perfect!

It will not betray motivation to work with you, but just an excuse to leave and work with other platforms

Deactivating in a future, if nothing changes. :- ((((

I'm level 5 and all my earnings are $0.10 mostly. This makes my earnings approximately 4 times less, than before and it just doesn't make any sense to continue uploading now. Deactivating in a while, if nothing changes.

I did not expect such a deception from Shutterstock: ((((
It will not lead to anything good: ((I will no longer upload my works here.

18 minutes ago, Przemek Iciak said:

Just be aware that yesterday for example i had half of a sales still with old pay plan. Well just look average today and you know everything. 

If i keep selling here I will make clients to see that they dont need to pay more if they can buy it here aswell

Ultimately, you have to separate emotion from business. It's either worth it or it's not. If, after I review the performance of sales on the new commission scale and it shows a positive, then that's what I will base my decision on... if it shows it's not worth it then I'm out.

My decision won't be based on what X Y or Z thinks or whether I've submitted here for X amount of years. It will be devoid of emotion (like Shutterstock) and I'll stay if the money is good or, I'll just leave... I haven't got time to muck around. If a business p's me off, I don't spend time begging them to change, I just leave. As such, this will be my last post here about this.

This is an insult to all the contributors, who have been investing so much time and effort with hope to have at least some sort of decent earnings. Where is the motivation now ? With these new rules, there is absolutely no more point in uploading new photos. By paying 10c for a photo, Shutterstock just spat in the face of all the contributors here! If nothing changes quickly I will delete my account and hope that SS goes bankrupt because of their greedy approach...