Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

On 5/26/2020 at 4:40 PM, LongJon said:

this is the nail in the coffin for thousand of contributor serious who work to create images and live out of micro stock....thanks a lot.

i hope the management will buy a new house with all the saving they are making and killing our life. 

The best part of all? you don't even calculate tier according to previous year...no you calculate starting from the year in advance so less royalty to everybody since january every year...not even stock dare so much. 

i'm not surprised you are simply falling down like all this industry. 

and you are this in a period where workers from any industry are under strong pressure and especially most of photographer around the world without any parachute. instead of renting a luxury building why not saving money ? no better cut all the royalty.

i'm not surprised by this....new management they need money for their luxury life...their bonus.....covid19 didn't teach anything i see around the world...only greedy management of company.

On 5/26/2020 at 4:30 PM, Kate Shutterstock said:

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjustment in order to reflect changes in the market for creative content, help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors, and reward performance with greater earnings potential. 

Starting on June 1st, 2020, your earnings for each license will be based on your Image Level or your Video Level.  

earnings-for-images-forum.png.89c1b679a14834960f019668d0f028d0.png

earnings-for-videos-forum.png.803eddaf31ab4c904b5d8d660bc0495a.png

On June 1, you will be placed in an Image Level and a Video Level based on your download count so far in 2020. The email you receive today will let you know which levels you are in as of this morning. 

How does it work?

• These new levels are based on the number of times your content is licensed rather than your lifetime earnings. 
  • All contributors reset to level 1 for both images and videos every year on January 1st.
  • There are separate levels for images and for videos, and you graduate through them independently based on your download count in each category.

Really disappointing!!  Especially disappointing in these times where many of us freelancers are working extra hard to produce even more high quality work for the future. The new pricing works against serious contributors. I see many contributors on the forum agree. These are contributors who have portfolios of VERY VERY high quality images.  Unless this new pricing changes Shutterstock won't get my best content any longer. Some images will be removed to be marketed elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, MaDedee said:

SS said that levels 5 and 6 will earn more...

I'm level 5 and there is 10¢ downloads, 13¢ downloads, 17¢ downloads and 20¢ downloads.....

strange math SS, very strange.

@Kate Shutterstock

So how about putting a spreadsheet out that shows actual payouts for Contributor Level by Customer License for Subs, SOD, Enhanced & Single and Other and sharing it with us. That seems only fair. We can't make sense of this!

Level 5 and I earn much less, 10c, 16c, 17c, totally unacceptable now but imagine from 1st of January 2021 when you will back to rank 1, time to focus on something else, this is hurting my health and my state of mind in the last week, must move on and forget that SS ever existed, shame on you SS, shame on you!

Just now, Sergei Kolesnikov said:

Странно, а у меня всё как в113135924_1.thumb.PNG.b453d05fcd0f85887d60dc82f50d5aef.PNG апреле... 

Это у тебя старые продажи, до введения. до обеда по Нью-Йорку считали по старому. включили ровно в 12 часов. читай топик

9 minutes ago, Michael Warwick said:

@Kate Shutterstock

So how about putting a spreadsheet out that shows actual payouts for Contributor Level by Customer License for Subs, SOD, Enhanced & Single and Other and sharing it with us. That seems only fair. We can't make sense of this!

+ 1 

P.S. I just had a download..... 13¢....level 5. So, you sold vector for 1$ ?

#disgrace

23 minutes ago, Vector Tradition said:

You promised that levels 5 and 6 will earn more. I do not see. If 10 cents is the top, what will be left to those at low levels?

0.10 is the lowest they'll pay. I'm not to defend SS (as a matter of fact, there's no way to defend this new earnings calculation system), but they said clearly that now they provide us the "potential" to earn more. That's one of my key critics, they don't say how. Yes, we can go as high as 40%, but 40% of what? What i think is that they won't give us the numbers, which they sure did thoroughly, simply because those numbers will show how much THEY earn with this new system. 

That's just terrible! This is worse than my expectations. The drop in profit is 3 times. Well, this is not a serious business. Your excuse for these changes is ridiculous. I will not upload new content from today. I really hope that this system will be changed, otherwise you will have to leave. 😓

Sad! Guess its time to leave this circus. I'm only a small port here and was never doing any mass uploading cause you know what? I would rather put my efforts elsewhere where I get paid well without jumping though ridiculous hoops. Hoops are for circus animals doing tricks and paid in peanuts. 🙄☹️😔

1 hour ago, Patricio_Murphy said:

iStock 0.01'e kadar düşük bir satışa sahip

Eskiden oradaydım, ama sonunda muhtemelen burada yapacağım şeyi yaptım: ayrıldı.

Alternative will be found. Eventually shutterstock quality will decrease. Artists will move away from this site. Customers will also be looking for new ones. Until 15 March 2020, I was also a customer. When the artists we're used to are gone, this site has no meaning.

It is very sad that in this way they insult people and devalue their work.
People were motivated for a better tomorrow.And this was supposed to be a platform where we all work, enjoy and have some mutual benefit. 
It seems to me that everything has lost its meaning. We are devalued and it's really a shame.

This new policy reminds me Fotolia`s "dollar photo club", a lot of authors deleted their portfolios, and never trusted fotolia again. some time after, fotolia was bought by Adobe. I guess we are witnesing the end of shutterstock.

Press "F" to pay respect.

Shutterstock всегда платил самые большие сборы. Когда он заболел, он отрезал эти комиссии, вместо того, чтобы попрощаться с этим фотобанкоми сказать ему спасибо, его ругают, но за что? За то что он кормил многих, много лет? Имейте совесть люди! Время фотобанков скоро закончится, тех фотобанков, с которыми мы привыкли работать. Ищите покупателей где угодно, разве в Америке и Европе мало богатых клиентов кому нужны настоящие фотографии и видео, обслуживайте их! Многие люди действительно нуждаются в ваших фотографиях. ищи свою нишу! И вам не нужно кусать руку, которая так долго кормила вас.В конце концов откройте свой фотобанк, не слезая с дивана!))