Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

32 minutes ago, Patricio_Murphy said:

I had to go check it to believe it:

e. If your account is terminated for a breach of the material terms of the TOS, in addition to its other rights at law or in equity, Shutterstock shall have the right to retain any royalties and/or other compensation otherwise payable to you hereunder as liquidated damages

Amazing, luckily if they retain my money they won't retain a lot, I had a payout in April and a lousy May...

Don't worry, they don't retain your money for opting out of sales but if you decided to stay you should opt back in.

https://www.shutterstock.com/contributorsupport/articles/en_US/kbat02/How-do-I-deactivatedelete-my-contributor-account?q=close+account&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

5 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

Don't worry, they don't retain your money for deactivating sales but if you decided to stay you should reactivate it.

The topic is about terminated accounts the contributor no longer has access to. Seems to me in that case they can keep the money.

When someone buy 750 image pack and download only 1 image in the month, contributor will be paid 0,10 $ by Shutterstock doesn't matter which level you are. On the other hand on Getty/iStock they calculate it after 1 months based on downloads you will get fair percentage from 750 images pack price, in this case it would be 15% for non-exclusive, which would be 29,95 EUR (15% from 199 EUR), but not in Shutterstock. Shutterstock will pay you 0,10 $ and left of 199 EUR will keep for itself. This is inexcusable theft!.

My new uploads for Shutterstock in this condition are stopped. After one month I will decide if I will remove whole portfolio or left all uploaded without any new update.

There was similar try in past with DolarClub, but you had an option to op-out from that robbery. Not here. Selling my photos for that low price even with unused downloads from prepaid packs is not interestng for me. My trust to Shutterstock is lost.

1 minute ago, Alex Vitanov said:

The topic is about terminated accounts the contributor no longer has access to.

Just your topic is about terminated accounts the contributor no longer has access to.

Btw. Some of your SS images are still on google but they can't be downloaded. Are these the ones?  https://www.google.com/search?q=Alex+Vitanov+portfolio+on+shutterstock&newwindow=1&client=firefox-b-d&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=kZnmxJvRBkjrxM%3A%2COZcA0MmS5JgVTM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kTljfappzlQTtoCo8C2NI4tWfOSaw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjLg9i_oOHpAhWEjKQKHdInCQIQ9QEwAnoECAoQBQ#imgrc=o5h_CE1wCJCYcM

On 5/26/2020 at 5:30 PM, Kate Shutterstock said:

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjustment in order to reflect changes in the market for creative content, help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors, and reward performance with greater earnings potential. 

Starting on June 1st, 2020, your earnings for each license will be based on your Image Level or your Video Level.  

earnings-for-images-forum.png.89c1b679a14834960f019668d0f028d0.png

earnings-for-videos-forum.png.803eddaf31ab4c904b5d8d660bc0495a.png

On June 1, you will be placed in an Image Level and a Video Level based on your download count so far in 2020. The email you receive today will let you know which levels you are in as of this morning. 

How does it work?

• These new levels are based on the number of times your content is licensed rather than your lifetime earnings. 
  • All contributors reset to level 1 for both images and videos every year on January 1st.
  • There are separate levels for images and for videos, and you graduate through them independently based on your download count in each category.

please explain me , today I sold over 100 files ... now my % is 20%  and if I sale the same amount I will be 30% in 3 days ... and so and so ? .... or do I have to wait for next year ? ... if it is this case to wait , are you really serious ?do you want us to give you during one year of corona virus 25 % on our earnings ? do you sleep well ? ... in the same time solution is simple ... waiting to upload new stuff , next year ... finally it's not a bad business regarding that the economy will not recover before next year ... 

2 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

Yes. They are my images.

3 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

Don't worry, they don't retain your money for deactivating sales but if you decided to stay you should reactivate it.

Not sure yet. I'll probably leave whatever I already have here and don't bother uploading anymore, or perhaps I take it all to Wirestock, where it will probably end up here too, but (again, probably) given that they start in a higher level than the one I'm likely to achieve, even considering the 15% they take for the service I'll earn more than here...

What's sure is that I won't go to the work involved in keywording images to earn 0.10. How many would I need to sell for it to be worth the effort? To me Wirestock is the way to go because I retain the fun part of the business and they do the boring stuff. With royalties that pay cents it makes sense to me.

1 hour ago, Przemek Iciak said:

Если здесь есть настоящие художники, Вы один из них. Я делал наброски в прошлом, прежде чем я начал фотографировать, и я знаю, сколько времени и работы это занимает. Ваша работа имеет гораздо большую ценность, чем фотографии. Попробуйте некоторые сайты, которые продают искусство, и вы можете повысить свою цену. ИЗБЕГАЙТЕ микростоков с вашим искусством. Попробуйте Fine art America или Creative market, места, где вы решаете, сколько стоит ваша работа!

Thank you very much!!!

1 hour ago, samoyloff said:

I have uploaded like 10 images to Adobe since I've disabled my portfolio here. Got 4 sales today, and each pays 3 times more than new sales here, even though I am on the begginer payments level. Seeing level 5-6 guys getting 10c here makes my blood boil. Don't devalue your work. Sell it elsewhere. Let this ship sink.

Got 2 dollars for one photo today At Dreamtimes I pays of already one day at work

8 minutes ago, OSTILL is Franck Camhi said:

please explain me , today I sold over 100 files ... now my % is 20%  and if I sale the same amount I will be 30% in 3 days ... and so and so ? .... or do I have to wait for next year ? ... if it is this case to wait , are you really serious ?do you want us to give you during one year of corona virus 25 % on our earnings ? do you sleep well ? ... in the same time solution is simple ... waiting to upload new stuff , next year ... finally it's not a bad business regarding that the economy will not recover before next year ... 

There is no flat rate anymore.

For example, you will never reach the 0.38$/download again regardless of the Level you are.

You will receive a comission based on the client’s subscription plan.

So if most of your sales come from 350/750 packs you will earn between 0.10-0.20/download.

5 minutes ago, Patricio_Murphy said:

Not sure yet. I'll probably leave whatever I already have here and don't bother uploading anymore, or perhaps I take it all to Wirestock, where it will probably end up here too, but (again, probably) given that they start in a higher level than the one I'm likely to achieve, even considering the 15% they take for the service I'll earn more than here...

What's sure is that I won't go to the work involved in keywording images to earn 0.10. How many would I need to sell for it to be worth the effort? To me Wirestock is the way to go because I retain the fun part of the business and they do the boring stuff. With royalties that pay cents it makes sense to me.

As far as I know, you can only upload to Wirestock images that are not already here (or you delete them here), I could be wrong though.

Me too will stop uploading.

2 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

@AnastasiaOsipovaЯ думаю, что ваша работа будет более ценной в AS. ты там загрузил?

Yes. I registered for Adobe stock 3 months later than for Shutterstock. But the revenue is about the same, although far fewer images are sold than on Shutterstock.

Thanks everyone very much for your advice and support! This is very motivating!!!

12 minutes ago, Patricio_Murphy said:

Stupid site i cant even register there These credentials do not match our records.😃

2 hours ago, Hector Christiaen said:

hello

wow !!! my first sale at 20 ct, great !! I still need 40 to drink a coffee on the terrace. Yes, coffee in Switzerland is expensive. So I decided not to upload any more images. 98% of my 3000 photos are editorial images. And I'm in level 3. I can hope to see my sales increase. how sad the failure to respect the work of the photographers.

1446345949_Capturedecran2020-06-01a19_06_43.png.1dbeaa7d892e6505ca55e27b0258b62d.png

2 hours ago, Hector Christiaen said:

hello

wow !!! my first sale at 20 ct, great !! I still need 40 to drink a coffee on the terrace. Yes, coffee in Switzerland is expensive. So I decided not to upload any more images. 98% of my 3000 photos are editorial images. And I'm in level 3. I can hope to see my sales increase. how sad the failure to respect the work of the photographers.

1446345949_Capturedecran2020-06-01a19_06_43.png.1dbeaa7d892e6505ca55e27b0258b62d.png

And how much do you have to sell in order to attach a cake to coffee? Or is it an unheard of luxury?))