Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

1 minute ago, Patricio_Murphy said:

No message, no warning? Dis something happen outside the forum, any private conversation, anything? I'm just trying to understand, it makes no sense to close some accounts and not others, if you have earnings they should contact you for a payout, no matter it it's not the minimum

Their ToS says they won't pay you if they block you. Saw a guy on Twitter complaining he has lost $350 because SS disabled his account and they refuse to pay him because it's in the ToS.

7 minutes ago, Patricio_Murphy said:

No message, no warning? Dis something happen outside the forum, any private conversation, anything? I'm just trying to understand, it makes no sense to close some accounts and not others, if you have earnings they should contact you for a payout, no matter it it's not the minimum

Nope. Nothing. No private conversations or anything like that. No warnings...

I didn't get it well ... finally everybody restart at zero ? ... you don't even take the results of last year ? in these times when all the businesses are affected by the virus ... this show your mentality ... please note I'm over 25000 sales/year over 10 years (800000 total sales) , if you don't set my % on the numbers made last year , I will have no other economic choice to stop uploading picture and maybe even close my account (25000 pictures) ... I wait you to contact me

4 minutes ago, samoyloff said:

Their ToS says they won't pay you if they block you. Saw a guy on Twitter complaining he has lost $350 because SS disabled his account and they refuse to pay him because it's in the ToS.

I had to go check it to believe it:

e. If your account is terminated for a breach of the material terms of the TOS, in addition to its other rights at law or in equity, Shutterstock shall have the right to retain any royalties and/or other compensation otherwise payable to you hereunder as liquidated damages

Amazing, luckily if they retain my money they won't retain a lot, I had a payout in April and a lousy May...

1 hour ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Thanks, @Photoroyalty. That doesn't sound right. I'll ask our team to take a look.

is it possible to display on the dashboard the amount of the downloads for the current year? or we need to calculate them ourselves? Thank you

1 minute ago, OSTILL is Franck Camhi said:

I didn't get it well ... finally everybody restart at zero ? ... you don't even take the results of last year ? in these times when all the businesses are affected by the virus ... this show your mentality ... please note I'm over 25000 sales/year over 10 years (800000 total sales) , if you don't set my % on the numbers made last year , I will have no other economic choice to stop uploading picture and maybe even close my account (25000 pictures) ... I wait you to contact me

They will not contact you. They simply dont care about you and other contributors. If they cared they listened our opinion

1 minute ago, OSTILL is Franck Camhi said:

No, nobody got reset to level one. That will happen next year, January 1.

What did happen is that now there's not anymore any kind of flat rate, it's always a percentage of the download. Since many downloads appear to come from 350/750 subs, most people that were earning 0.25/0.38 for that downloads are now earning around 0.10

With 25000 annual sales, I would say you're probably better off waiting until the end of June to see how this impacts you. With my level of sales, to me it's the same to go or to stay, so I'll go. At least I won't be giving away my work for pennies.

2 minutes ago, OSTILL is Franck Camhi said:

I just warned them before leaving ... I am polite ... me 😉

It looks like you will receive below 0.20/sale most of the time even on level 6.

If you can kindly confirm that with us, would be awesome to know at what rate a maximum level performer sells his cotent.

I'm a Level 4 and I'm at 0.10 - 0.14/image.

As you've noticed, most earnings are displaying in the Single & Other column. This is a display issue that we are working to resolve. 

All your commissions are being calculated correctly, they are just displaying in the wrong category. 

Thanks for your patience while we prepare a fix for this issue.

Kate

Just now, Kate Shutterstock said:

As you've noticed, most earnings are displaying in the Single & Other column. This is a display issue that we are working to resolve. 

All your commissions are being calculated correctly, they are just displaying in the wrong category. 

Kate

We have no any patience while you rob us!!! And stop deleting posts!

3 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Kate

We've been paid 0.38$ and now 0,10$ so our payment down almost 80% what do you think about that dear Administrator? 

21 minutes ago, Patricio_Murphy said:

I had to go check it to believe it:

e. If your account is terminated for a breach of the material terms of the TOS, in addition to its other rights at law or in equity, Shutterstock shall have the right to retain any royalties and/or other compensation otherwise payable to you hereunder as liquidated damages

Amazing, luckily if they retain my money they won't retain a lot, I had a payout in April and a lousy May...

Looks like now they'll grab some extra money out of terminating accounts of people who disabled the sales. Gosh... It's so pathetic.

6 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Kate

10-11 cents at level 6 is correctly?

5 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Kate

So how about putting a spreadsheet out that shows actual payouts for Contributor Level by Customer License for Subs, SOD, Enhanced & Single and Other and sharing it with us. That seems only fair.

I am level 4 and I earn 10 cents per sale. :))

in this case it is impossible to work with shuterstock.

I have no choice but to turn to alternative sites.

it is not worth working at this price.

I don't leave shutterstock to react. I had to quit.

earns money in a producing way. dissatisfying the producer, loses in any case...

5 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Good morning,

The new royalty structure will go live this afternoon, New York time. I'll post an update here when it's up and running.

Thanks,

Kate

You (Shutterstock, not you personally, you are a good person, just voicing the Microstock policy) have just humiliated the authors. What else can I say? They simply treated them like beckless slaves. To be honest, it killed the motivation to create good illustrations