Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

2 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

When the new earnings structure goes into effect, the payout for subscription plans will not be less than 10¢.

How red turns your face when writing USD 0.10 ?????

1 minute ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

When the new earnings structure goes into effect, the payout for subscription plans will not be less than 10¢.

its a joke? 10¢.

we have to dance of it??? we have equipment for several thousands dollars to get 10¢.????

46 minutes ago, Skyward Kick Productions said:

I really wish someone from Shutterstock would reply because this is pretty important - 

I don't think it rolls back every January the way we've all interpreted. And I'm basing this on the e-mail they sent me with my tier. I was granted a tier 4 (500-2500 sales) BUT I haven't yet made 500 sales in 2020. So that must be based on my 2019 earnings. 

Sorry, Skyward Kick! 

All contributors will be reset to Level 1 every January, regardless of their activity the year before. The email we sent had the wrong image for the video levels 🤕 so I can see why this is so confusing. The images in the first post in this thread illustrate the real levels for videos and a corrected email is being sent out soon. Level 4 for videos starts at 251 downloads.

Question for the admin: I am a level 5 contributor now according to your new system. How much will do I get for a subscription download??? Will I get something similar to 38c or my subs income will allways be lower since June?  

21 minutes ago, Mirko Kuzmanovic said:

I don't think I will delete my account (although I want to so much), but photos I uploaded today are the last I will ever upload on SS.

I really hope AS will start accepting editorials soon.

This is shameful and ridiculous at the same time. 

AS accept editorial illustrative..still quite limited with no people but that might change.

4 minutes ago, Phil Lowe said:

Spread the word: everyone should disable their accounts on May 1.  If we're not going to make any money from it, neither should SS.  By disabling accounts rather than deleting them, SS will still have to pay to maintain millions of images on the database. 

If money is all they understand, hit them in the wallet, where it hurts.  Deactivate your account.

I'll be deactivating mine at 12:00:01 AM EDT on June 1, 2020.

I'll join you in this! 😄 And I hope anyone else who values their work will, too.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Richard Whitcombe said:

He;s confused.

He's basing it on the most expensive 10 images a month plan of $2.90 or so.

The reality is most sub sales are from the higher plans like 350 or 700.  Those mean between 3 and 6 cents instead of the current 0.38.....

at 3 to 6 cents i will be happily deleting my entire port. and going over getty/flickr exlucisve i have almost 20k photos.,2k video.no pain to reuploading them for getty/exsluvie at that rate. but i'll wait for june/july/august to confirm. thank god i've build other sources of income from my YTC channe. adsense .. thank you all.!! i'm so grateful

Edited by wong yu liang
a

48 minutes ago, Nicholas Courtney said:

Also note how the footage earnings breakdown in the OP is wildly different than what we were told in the email.  Hint:  The actual email is way worse

Sorry about that! The post here is correct. A correction email is on its way.

35 minutes ago, tykhonrie said:

I like 6 level ;))))))))))))))))))

but now most of us in 1 or 2 level..................

Level 6 is good if you could reach and stay there forever but as I understand the level will be RESET in the beginning of every year. So lets say you reach to LEVEL 6 in 2020, you'll be on LEVEL 1 again in the beginning of 2021.

24 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

That's correct. Our new compensation model is designed to reward content creators for producing quality work that is fresh, relevant and in demand by our customers. By resetting the royalty levels each year, we aim to provide an avenue for contributors to be fairly rewarded for content that is performing well at the current time.

The adjustments are being made to align with changes we have been seeing in the global market for creative content. They also help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors, and reward performance with greater earnings potential.

"Fresh" ???  Most of my sales are images taken much more than one year ago and you know exactly that the same applies to most other contributors --

6 minutes ago, Phil Lowe said:

Spread the word: everyone should disable their accounts on May 1.  If we're not going to make any money from it, neither should SS.  By disabling accounts rather than deleting them, SS will still have to pay to maintain millions of images on the database. 

If money is all they understand, hit them in the wallet, where it hurts.  Deactivate your account.

I'll be deactivating mine at 12:00:01 AM EDT on June 1, 2020.

Deactivating the portfolio, but for how long?

24 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

That's correct. Our new compensation model is designed to reward content creators for producing quality work that is fresh, relevant and in demand by our customers. By resetting the royalty levels each year, we aim to provide an avenue for contributors to be fairly rewarded for content that is performing well at the current time.

The adjustments are being made to align with changes we have been seeing in the global market for creative content. They also help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors, and reward performance with greater earnings potential.

apart the fact you are paid to write this, as human you really thinks this is something you would tell privately to those living out of micro stock? that with an email you cut his earning by 70% month? if tomorrow you will lose your job and get 30% salary from goon just for a few months, with a family to grow , do you think some words like this will alleviate your sadness ? please be serious person. tell us you are simply in need of money cause your business ifs falling down....that's why wringer stepped down...and new management come in , p

"help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors, and reward performance with greater earnings potential. " they forgot to mention "and increase our profit by reducing your fees". At the the end its a business and we are small tools for them. If tools are expensive they go for chipper 😠

Sounds very bad, this move could drag the entire microstock industry  behind this policy. Why keep flat rate commission and  lose flexibility on the market cycles, when 2 majors like SS and iS don't?

6 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Seriously? Not less than 10 cents? Or maybe ask the cotributors to pay extra for the work purchased from them? Now I get at least 36 cents for work and I think that it is very small price, but I will receive 10 cents??? Are you crazy??? And where is the win for the contributors?

46 minutes ago, Richard Whitcombe said:

The email shows the same level as images, the post here is stepped off by one.

They cant even be bothered putting effort into communicating a policy they know full well is going to go down very VERY badly.

Yeah, super embarrassing. A corrected email is coming. The post here on the forum has the correct info. Correct information has also been posted to our blog.

https://www.shutterstock.com/blog/contributor-earnings-update

23 minutes ago, Jo Ann Snover said:

At the beginning of the new year, a subscription from the annual 750-a-month plan will net a contributor as little as 3.98 cents instead of 38 cents (in my case)

What planet are you on? 

You are creating an incentive for people to stop supplying you any content, not an incentive to upload more and more.

And stop that garbage about greater earnings potential - you're tangling the bait way out in space, not within reach of any but the biggest factories

And do you really need more repetitive, look-alike content from factories?

it's unbieleavable....but when everybody will realise this i suspect mots will close their account in stock and here and go adobe and pond5....it's time we all do something...it's clear soon we will get one cent for image. ss know exactly this industry is finished...they are getting what they can still it last....they don't care at alla about new content.

1 hour ago, Duncan Andison said:

I don't think this is what they're saying. Your earnings rate will be determined each year after it is reset on January 1st... I presumed that would be the previous years sales. @Kate Shutterstock is this right...If you are lowering everyones earnings until they cross each threshold, I think you're about to loose a lot of portfolios.

Nope, afraid it will be a total reset each January 1. It clearly says it: number of images licensed THIS year.

1079008612_ScreenShot2020-05-26at10_19_39AM.png.d1b0c8f582c92b3ae1d17ba8c2328368.png

12 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

10 ¢ is a joke? Immoral