Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

1 hour ago, Whiteaster said:

Hey guys, why are you shooting the messenger? Kate is one of the kindest people at SS.

It comes with the position. My father used to work in human resources for a big corporation. Even union leaders said he was a nice guy to deal with, a good person, but guess what, every now and then he took the flak. It came with the job, there's no way. After all, she may be a nice gal (and she looks like she is, really) but she's the one that delivered the news, she's the one that replied with nothing but copy and paste and she's the one that appears again out of the blue as if there were not over 100 pages of angry contributors asking a simple question: can you tell us how could this work better for us, can you show some numbers?

2 hours ago, AnastasiaOsipova said:

There is a table for the new payment system in the very first message. I don't see any changes in my earnings since June 1 on this table.

Да, это потому что они их еще не стартанули. Были вопросы - мол, первые июня, а выплаты такие же. И был официальный ответ, что мол мы ждем когда время по Нью-Йорку будет день. Мы не можем запустить такие серьезные изменения без работающего саппорта. так что ждите. Хотя ждать осталось недолго. А так у всех пока прежние выплаты. Ждемс

7 minutes ago, Anita Ponne said:

Isn't the same true of us? That if we don't like the way SS works we can find another job? I solely blame the CEO's and large shareholders.

Not the same, we are voicing our protest and telling them that we are not ok with what they are doing, giving them an opportunity to amend. 

On the other hand we are not working for SS, we are their providers of content to sell, like Danone  puts their yogurts at different supermarkets we are putting our product at their shelves. 

18 minutes ago, AbhishekMittal said:

It will demotivate for a contributor like me as I am still on very low level and very less sale happened. If get .10 cents what normally we get .25, it will definitely demotivate. Even no one help to promote the page to clients so sale number get increase.

It will affect almost everyone as the 350/750 images plans are the most popular.

In global terms, how to save contributors (ideally): we all should make a new stock and start from a scratch with HIGH prices. But it should involve all high quality contributors. Regular stocks (SS, IS and others) are left with low-quality content and exclusive sections. 

If clients have nowhere to go for quality content, except exclusive or our stock, it would work.

1 hour ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Good morning,

The new royalty structure will go live this afternoon, New York time. I'll post an update here when it's up and running.

Thanks,

Kate

Get a decent job Kate...

1 minute ago, Polozov arts said:

In global terms, how to save contributors (ideally): we all should make a new stock and start from a scratch with HIGH prices. But it should involve all high quality contributors. Regular stocks (SS, IS and others) are left with low-quality content and exclusive sections. 

If clients have nowhere to go for quality content, except exclusive or our stock, it would work.

There is a reason why such websites don't exist. You have to spend piles of money to market yourself and the stock website to compete with the big agencies.

Just now, Alex Vitanov said:

There is a reason why such websites don't exist. You have to spend piles of money to market yourself and the stock website to compete with the big agencies.

it should start the other way than those agencies. But yes, marketing is a part of the process, but it's not something that can't be solved

I can see that Shutterstock shares fell on the new york stock exchange. I hope you can still profit from our back.

Wait a minute, I'm not there

40 minutes ago, BalkansCat said:

Well, you choose to qork for them, so, then, you must accept to represent their interests. She has the choice to find another job if she's not happy representing Shutterstock. As long as she will work for them, she won't deserve anything better than the rest of the company.

The Shutterstock Forum and the Shutterstock Company are two different entities.
If they were the same, 90% of the users of this forum would have already banned access to Shutterstock..

1 minute ago, Polozov arts said:

it should start the other way than those agencies. But yes, marketing is a part of the process, but it's not something that can't be solved

It can be solved only with HUGE investments. You need a big team of developers, systems engineers, hardware, maintenance, marketing.... 

24 minutes ago, Patricio_Murphy said:

It comes with the position. My father used to work in human resources for a big corporation. Even union leaders said he was a nice guy to deal with, a good person, but guess what, every now and then he took the flak. It came with the job, there's no way. After all, she may be a nice gal (and she looks like she is, really) but she's the one that delivered the news, she's the one that replied with nothing but copy and paste and she's the one that appears again out of the blue as if there were not over 100 pages of angry contributors asking a simple question: can you tell us how could this work better for us, can you show some numbers?

I am in the same boat as everyone else here and I have no other numbers to show other than the table found here on the forum and re-posted 2-3 pages earlier.

I see, you are a reasonable man who knows that moderators sent to take the heat have no right to add their own opinion, they can only tell us what they were told to do.

Apparently some people here have never had a job and have no idea how things work.

I am not defending SS, why would I? Still, in these 8 years I've spent here, Kate was always kind and patient to us all.

Now, a few people who have been booted recently, created a new account, with no port and they trash everybody who doesn't meat their style.

Wish you all good.

Peace and out.

6 minutes ago, Alex Vitanov said:

It can be solved only with HUGE investments. You need a big team of developers, systems engineers, hardware, maintenance, marketing.... 

there's a guy here already checking on all the questions how to make it work. I'm just clearifying the idea.

6 minutes ago, IM_VISUALS said:

Here we go. This is crazy.
Screenshot_43.jpg.4e000e8211d9e3aad02482750e4d6b64.jpg

It's outrageous... Can I ask you, what level are you now?