Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

1 hour ago, AnastasiaOsipova said:

The payment will not change until January 1. People waiting for June 1-did you receive any letters from shatterstock with this news at all? The letter clearly States that the rollback to level 1 will be from January 1. Until January 1, everyone remains at the level they earned. I have the feeling that there are "broken telephone"...

Broken telephone? Maybe you should read the announcement with more attention before accusing people of not understanding the message. You will notice the change in a couple of hours. Good luck with the 10cent sales. 

38 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Good morning,

The new royalty structure will go live this afternoon, New York time. I'll post an update here when it's up and running.

Thanks,

Kate

2020-06-01_154758.png

33 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

Hey guys, why are you shooting the messenger? Kate is one of the kindest people at SS.

She may be kind, but she is representing people that are stealing out of us. She chose to work for them, she has her responsibility, nobody forced her to do that job, she's despicable as well.

4 minutes ago, zsooofija said:

Сломанный телефон? Возможно, вам следует прочитать объявление с большим вниманием, прежде чем обвинять людей в том, что они не понимают сообщения. Вы заметите изменение через пару часов. Удачи с продажами 10 центов. 

The administrator's explanations will show who understood correctly and who did not. I'm an optimist

10 minutes ago, AnastasiaOsipova said:

The administrator's explanations will show who understood correctly and who did not. I'm an optimist

Indeed your level will reset to 0 on January 1st, but the new earning system will start today, on whatever level you are at the moment (based on your previous downloads in 2020).

I used to earn .38 for a couple of years, now I am on level 4, which means starting today: 10cents for the 350 package subsriction and 12cents for the 750 package (these are the most popular). I already disabled my portfolio, the least I can do to protest this.

16 hours ago, mgallar said:

In Italy we says bad works about it.. this is only proverb, so sorry me: people kiss ass with hope something change but usually change only cream ahahahhahah

Better understand this: if we set not sell pictures and footage, are we sure that also in partners site are disable too?

What Italians are mischievous)) Proverbs - the wisdom of the people

I'm not going to hand over my work for 10cents so they can play in the Entire State Building, create tens of other businesses from my work and PAY THE MOST RIDICULOUS REVIEWERS in the entire Microstock an average 1.200-2.000$/month. No No No!

These reviewers are paid more than us and they are absolute trash.

I want them to starve! Actually, I can't wait to see all the people from Shutterstock unemployed, hopefully soon!

28 minutes ago, Dolwolfian Photography said:

Maybe as don't know her but she choose to work for a Tyrannic company, her choice! 

Considering you actually hired them as Agent to represent your work, what does that make You?

Your choice!

30 minutes ago, Maxal Tamor said:

Eğer sıkı çalışırsanız 16 sent ulaşabilirsiniz !! (ve milyoner * olun) 

* sent

🤬 more to say

12 minutes ago, jean-francois me said:

SS has always left racist and anti-anti-facists post up for a few hours, it takes a while since they don't have dedicated full time moderators

This guy makes New York sounding like is the WORST place to live in the entire Universe. Suddenly, a little protest in US is the most important thing EVER to happen on this planet and they should cut off all our earnings because what is happening there is MORE IMPORTANT than what is happening in my life, my country, my world.

I should leave everything behind and work for free because these poor american souls are starving on 20$/hour.

These people need to come in Belarus, Moldova, Venezuela, Mexico, places where a lot of us come from! He needs a fast reality check so he can understand that between 10 cents and 38 cents is a HUGE difference in a lot of countries.

26 minutes ago, BalkansCat said:

She may be kind, but she is representing people that are stealing out of us. She chose to work for them, she has her responsibility, nobody forced her to do that job, she's despicable as well.

She's an employee not a decision maker, and we all know you don't "choose" a company's future decisions at the time of signing that contract. We're all pissed but why "despise" someone who's not only subject to the same cost-cutting decision makers but also sent by them to the front lines as a buffer to protect those responsible? 

5 minutes ago, Sybille Reuter said:

She's an employee not a decision maker, and we all know you don't "choose" a company's future decisions at the time of signing that contract. We're all pissed but why "despise" someone who's not only subject to the same cost-cutting decision makers but also sent by them to the front lines as a buffer to protect those responsible? 

Well, you choose to qork for them, so, then, you must accept to represent their interests. She has the choice to find another job if she's not happy representing Shutterstock. As long as she will work for them, she won't deserve anything better than the rest of the company.

Just now, BalkansCat said:

Well, you choose to qork for them, so, then, you must accept to represent their interests. She has the choice to find another job if she's not happy representing Shutterstock. As long as she will work for them, she won't deserve anything better than the rest of the company.

She is part of it.

6 minutes ago, shufu photoexperience said:

I'll give you a big smile :D

Well mister, this is my first and last forum in life. For sure. Washed brains reflects theirselves to others. Your fellow colleagues in the same company are not people in Africa. Funny, for saying same thing on the other side of world labeled me as catholic fascist. No liar likes the truth.

Seems to me Kate said something about this, so this story come to end this afternoon. And soon I'll be out of here. First 10 cents will be the last too. It's ok. Everybody obviously care only about their asses and raising their children same way too. Sticking labels on the others to not look at your self. So it is not surprise that world goes the way it goes. From bad to worse. I've met some very fine, polite and honest people here.

Good luck to everybody!

Peace!

I agree.

Let them take all our dignity because my work and my family is not as relevant as some guys looting on the streets of US. I should stop everything and only care about them, my "few cents" are irrelevant even if they are made legal, correct and with my own sweat. 

1 hour ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Good morning,

The new royalty structure will go live this afternoon, New York time. I'll post an update here when it's up and running.

Thanks,

Kate

Priceless ignorance!

1 minute ago, Maxal Tamor said:

If you still think that the new earning structure is not okay, 

Here is the solution

Thanks! It worked.

Btw, the sales are so low that no matter how much they pay us it doesn't matter anyway.

This thing is collapsing.

It will demotivate for a contributor like me as I am still on very low level and very less sale happened. If get .10 cents what normally we get .25, it will definitely demotivate. Even no one help to promote the page to clients so sale number get increase.

12 minutes ago, BalkansCat said:

Isn't the same true of us? That if we don't like the way SS works we can find another job? I solely blame the CEO's and large shareholders.

Everyone who did not disable their portfolio because they are afraid to lose some money during the protest, dont cry afterwards when you left alone and  forced to shut down the business. Specially major production studios.

Unless the major production studios already made their own agreements with SS and know that this new payment rates wont affect them.