Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

Hi, can someone re-post instructions to disable portfolio again please, looks like they've all 'disappeared"!!

Thanks

Just found instructions on MicroStkGrp website...

- Go to your contributor account page
- In the right top corner go into the dropdown menu under your contributor Name and select Account Settings
- From here you can enable/disable the License Options for images and videos by selecting the checkmark Yes/No next to image sales and footage sales. Selecting No will obviously disable the portfolio. From what I have noticed is that this will take a few days so keep that in mind.

aaaand we are OFF.

Funnily enough I took a rare trip to my local supermarket tonight, and noticed my bestselling wheat vector all over S'bury's cereal packs, and also seen another of mine on Asda biscuits. 

Big clients such as these will now no longer find them on here. Your loss ShStock.

Thankyou and goodnight.

11 minutes ago, Adrian Grosu said:

Is the new structure in place? I just had a 0.38 download.

same to me, two 0.33 downloads, seems the new system is not online yet. Not sure they will revise these to 0.1 later or not. 

28 minutes ago, Adrian Grosu said:

Is the new structure in place? I just had a 0.38 download.

Same here.

I wonder if there will be corrections down the road.

23 minutes ago, Steve Cukrov said:

Same here.

Same here, still old payment scheme. I guess it will start with Eastern Standard time.

24 minutes ago, Steve Cukrov said:

Same here.

The moment you got your first download counts probably still under 31.05.2020. The new month comes in USA later than the other countries in the east.

6 minutes ago, Pixeljoy said:

The moment you got your first download counts probably still under 31.05.2020. The new month comes in USA later than the other countries in the east.

The sale is recorded in June. I'm in California the sale came after it was June in NY.

My guess is that sometime after the techs report to work in the morning they will flip the switch.

6 minutes ago, Steve Cukrov said:

The sale is recorded in June. I'm in California the sale came after it was June in NY.

My guess is that sometime after the techs report to work in the morning they will flip the switch.

panic_button.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

8 hours ago, Alexander Piragis said:

Has anyone tried to diversify upload pictures here:

https://www.yayimages.com/contributors?ref=VZK5MQND

Good there? Have a sale?

I hope that everything will be fine with Shutterstock!

Yay...
They're extremely small, in size... and in spirit...
With them, if you are lucky you will earn in 2 years what you earn in one day on Shutterstock (even with the new SS tariff).
After I closed my account with them they still owe me money, which they never paid, and probably never will.

But, because there is a "but", the management of the company changed a few months ago. This could be a sign of some positive changes, but I still have serious doubts...

5 minutes ago, Maxal Tamor said:

But, because there is a "but", the management of the company changed a few months ago. This could be a sign of some positive changes, but I still have serious doubts...

I really want to eat, so I’ll try... 😎

16 minutes ago, shufu photoexperience said:

Well that is him

image.thumb.png.080dd5b655dec68db4136f03257094d0.png

And that is you... He is obviously more than you

image.png.f0e93bb2d978f7900c4a492100efc18e.png

Won't get into the subject matter, however at a closer inspection...

723373024_Screenshotfrom2020-06-0107-48-19.thumb.png.ee5f5d915e9c09ad63f96d464af38499.png

730502372_Screenshotfrom2020-06-0107-50-08.thumb.png.ed7debcfde2456c7e628938c290ead76.png

22 minutes ago, Steve Cukrov said:

I'm hoping that I'll get one more decently priced video sale in the next few hours before they flip that switch. After that, I'll deactivate my video port. 

22 minutes ago, Working Title Productions said:

It’s been a rough couple days.  This news then I discover my sprinkler system needs repair and it’s in the 90s in Utah.  And then there’s this god damn pandemic.

A swarm of grasshoppers is scheduled for thursday.

Posted (edited)

We need more money. How to make money? Rise price, sell more or cut the costs? We do the easiest - CUT THE SUPPLY COSTS! No we will not cut our wages and expenses. We need brand new cars and condos. Some airplane, chopper and yacht would be fine to add to our collection.

It smells like some "MANAGER" come to idea he can make money with cutting supply line. I.E. this idea is equal to cutting the branch on which you are sitting. I have some management skills and experience in running a company and I know that.

Most hard working contributors are furious with this new earnings plan and will disable their ports.

Other thing is that many of contributors have experienced very similar "exciting news" from ISP and other agencies which are now history.

Dear SS management team this is last drop in full glass of incompetence to sell! Instead of working hard on how to make more sales you are taking from hard working contributors.

Bad move which will have catastrophic consequences on SS shares and business in general.

All you can expect is to get some acquisition offer from Getty Images soon! And after that Shutterstock will be closed because big shark wants so.

Most of people know my 2 cents which says:

UNSUSTAINABLE!

Be safe all of you!

P.S. The biggest mistake on Shutterstock was that to go public.

Edited by MilsiArt
Adding Post Scriptum