new thief - video account with 100% stolen footages

21 hours ago, d13 said:

I've found 2 of mine there, and a lot of my colleagues found their clips as well.

How do you suppose they got their hands on your unwatermarked full-resolution images?  It does not make financial sense to buy images and then turn around and try to sell them.

10 hours ago, Doug Jensen said:

How do you suppose they got their hands on your unwatermarked full-resolution images?  It does not make financial sense to buy images and then turn around and try to sell them.

Because of the well known, listed bugs with the SS API that allow a specifically crafted URL to bypass some of the 3rd party sale methods and download the full images (The FB one as a favourite with thieves for a long time).
As for clips its simpler, depending on exactly which 3rd party they go after its often as simple as scraping the URL out of the hidden parts of the web code.

Its been a problem for years and SS aren't really bothered.  Youtube and torrent videos turn up all the time telling people exactly how to do it.  They get removed but more appear.

Its also why there are large archives of 100s of thousands of SS images floating around on shadier places on the web.

• 4 months later...

Hi. Somebody made me aware that a shutterstock user has my videos in his portfolio. 

This user https://www.shutterstock.com/ru/g/veneraserbara/video?sort=popular&page=4 

has over 45 videos of mine in his portfolio, all of these are on shuttersock, but some of these videos didnt had any sales, so how does he have them? 

Also I'm sure some of his other videos are from different users as well.

I reported him to compliance(at)shutterstock.com, is there anything else I can do?