txking

password reset required multiple times today

So far I've been required by shutterstock to reset my password after every time I get log in today. I'm not sure what to do if I have to reset my password seriously every time I login.

Happend to me few weeks ago, but least only that day..

How many times did it have you do it? I'm up to about 7 or 8 resets so far today. I will change it, login right away, and then told that there is a security problem and need to change it yet again.

Got the same problem, it was insane!
Sometimes I am using VPN for some my internal reasons and I'm pretty sure that SS security may not like logins from different IP's. But why should they even care? If they really want to make our accounts more secure, why they wouldn't implement usual standard two-factor authorization?

Unfortunately, I have to stop my work now, because the new "password reset" rule makes it impossible for me to work with photos and keywords on a remote server. Every time I log into my account on server, the site asks me to change the password. I have been working this way for several years and this new rule makes the whole system work with sorting, processing and uploading photos impossible for me now. How long it will last? We have enough difficulties with work in this period, and this new rule just add new one. I hope this will be fix soon!

I had the same problem twice yesterday. And after password reset I can't access to set new password page, it shows error 406 Not Acceptable. I tried Chrome and Edge on PC, Chrome and Safari on MacBook and Chrome on smartphone, problem not gone.
Support advised me wait few hours and later clear cache and history, but problem stay. 
I can set new password only with mobile internet on my smartphone and after that I have access to app and site, but only with smartphone.
I used VPN and only after that I was able to get access to log in page.
When I tried to log in to this forum I also has error 406 on log in page. I have access only with VPN.
What's wrong with it?

oh wow. Figured this was a one off situation, but doesn't seem like it. 

Out of curiosity are any of you using a third party app to review, submit, keyword, or track your stats on shutterstock? I only ask as I wonder if that might be part of the problem.

So.....I had this problem....which till now had been solved when I log in directly to SS (hence I am able to make this post)

BUT every time I try to upload to SS with Stocksubmitter I get a message in Stocksubmitter to insert a code/change password etc etc from SS.

And in my email I find the SS standard message about unusual activity, account blocked, reset password. So, the glitch seems not to have been solved with relation to Stocksubmitter accessing SS.

If I close this SS window I will be logged out again until I change password again and so it goes on.

Has anybody else had this problem and, ideally, found a solution?

33 minutes ago, Sarah2 said:

So.....I had this problem....which till now had been solved when I log in directly to SS (hence I am able to make this post)

BUT every time I try to upload to SS with Stocksubmitter I get a message in Stocksubmitter to insert a code/change password etc etc from SS.

And in my email I find the SS standard message about unusual activity, account blocked, reset password. So, the glitch seems not to have been solved with relation to Stocksubmitter accessing SS.

If I close this SS window I will be logged out again until I change password again and so it goes on.

Has anybody else had this problem and, ideally, found a solution?

I have the same problem. I can’t even login to my account from my phone only from computer. Every time i try to log in from Stocksubmitter or from phone I get a message I need to change a password.

Well I reached out to shuttertsock support and I'm glad to inform you guys that this seems to be normal. After telling them that I had to reset my password over 12 times in one day, and have to reset it everytime I log into shutterstock. Plus I am now getting an 406 error message when trying to go through the reset process and therfore can't even reset my password, they inform me its only occasionally they require it and and to go ahead and reset my password. They are even kind enough to show me where to do so.

🙋‍♂️🤦‍♂️

SmartSelect_20200523-221117_Gmail.jpg

JSparrow - anybody sorted this out for you at The Upload Site or SS here? I can now upload but not submit through The Upload Site. They say I have had too many logins - which is probably the case given every time I logged in I needed a new password. :(   Up a blind alley it seems.