Hamza  Makhchoune

Asking about what to post as commerial....

Hello, I am fairly new here and i just want to understand if comercial photos are purchased just as much as the editorials. Plus I am really confused about what to submit as editorial and what to submit as commercial. here is an example down below...

Thanks in advance.

Amsterdam-25.jpg

12 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

do commercial photos sell as editorial? i mean also people who are needing them for normal stuff can also buy a normal licence? i am now removing a lot of photos and resubmiting them as commercial. they refused all with stupid reasons haha but i am uploading slowly now and they are accepting everything. but that was my one issue is if somebody needs the photos just for something normal like what editorial photos are for. would he be able to purchase commercial?

thanks a lot for responding.

Just now, Studio 2 said:

If your image is accepted for editorial it can only be used for editorial. It can't be used for commercial. That is the point of editorial. The image isn't suitable for commercial use.

okay Thanks a lot!!

Just now, Studio 2 said:

If you post your questions in the contributor experience forum rather than this one you will get more replies. 

I am new here, Still do not know much but I will try better next time.

Just now, Studio 2 said:

People are always happy to help but not so many look at this forum ie show and tell. All the best. 

Thanks. you are such a nice person. I got the answer here and in another one which i was out of the topic but they replied. thanks again

On 5/9/2020 at 3:02 AM, Hamza Makhchoune said:

Hello, I am fairly new here and i just want to understand if comercial photos are purchased just as much as the editorials. Plus I am really confused about what to submit as editorial and what to submit as commercial. here is an example down below...

Thanks in advance.

Amsterdam-25.jpg

You can remove all names, logos and blur or remove people from photos of Amsterdam in Photoshop. Then maybe this photo will be accepted as commercial. I say maybe because there are a number of limitations. The link (from Studio2) has explanations about the limitations. In some cases, for example, you need a property release. And you can leave the photo as it is editorial and in a certain form write the title and put the switch in the editorial. Editorial also sold well

7 hours ago, Evgeniia Ozerkina said:

You can remove all names, logos and blur or remove people from photos of Amsterdam in Photoshop. Then maybe this photo will be accepted as commercial. I say maybe because there are a number of limitations. The link (from Studio2) has explanations about the limitations. In some cases, for example, you need a property release. And you can leave the photo as it is editorial and in a certain form write the title and put the switch in the editorial. Editorial also sold well

Aha okay, Understood!! thanks a lot