Was new to shutter stock, but after having two weeks of totally unpleasant problems i've decided to delete my account and use another stock site. Here are my reasons. (I've contacted help for answers but got nothing back, all help I get sends a link to an answer that just simply sends me to the main help homepage. ) My main aim was to sell some 4k nature footage I had in my library.
1. FTP - The shutter stock FTP is a joke, it does not work. I've tired different connections, and different software, you constantly get logged out half way through a big file. I use FPT al the time and this is by far the worse i have ever used.
2. No help platform, the fact shutterstock use their own contribs to give help sums it all up.
3. This is not the first time i tried to get help on this forum, I posted a thread a few days ago, and it's still not been approved. (no doubt this post wont either)
4. I had 37 videos files pending, all over 1gb, took about a week to upload, they sat in my pending for 10 days. I finally got an answer from them and they just told me to delete and re-upload. Thats some customer service for you. Without even trying to find the issue it was just turned around like it was my fault. They even said to export the video files again as there was something wrong with the video files. There is nothing wrong with the video files.
5. The new payout system seems like a total con. Re setting sales every year. WTFFFFFFFFF?!!?
6. I submitted a video file, it was no approved. The reason didn't seem valid. I then upload the video again, the exact same file and it was approved. Clearly they have no idea what they are doing,
7. I've tried a few other sites in the lasy few days, ALL loads better than shutter stock.