We were contacted by Ford who objected to the use of the Ford trademark on our website. An agreement has been reached. We will be removing select images to comply with this agreement.
Please adhere to the following for future submissions of vehicle imagery:
1) Keywords: The following keywords, as they pertain to images of vehicles, are not allowed: "Ford," "Mustang," "Taurus," "Lincoln" & "Econoline."
2) Logos: Remove or obscure all logos from all images of Ford automobiles (including taxis) prior to submission. (Please see 3 & 5 for additional info.)
3) Images of Ford vehicles with the focal point showing the front grille, light configuration or "c-scoop" (*an example of the "c-scoop" is below) are not allowed unless newsworthy and tagged as Editorial. Please reference our newsworthy (Editorial) requirements: http://submit.shutte...pic.php?t=40005
Acceptable (Ford) Imagery:
4) Newsworthy (Editorial) images of distinctive Ford vehicles are acceptable. This includes "Concept cars" and similar car show or exhibition images. Please reference this link for information regarding our Editorial Caption Requirements for newsworthy imagery: http://submit.shutte...pic.php?t=40005
5) Generic looking vehicles with the logos removed and no distinctive focal points showing the front grille, light configuration or "c-scoop" (see point 3 above) are acceptable for submission as regular stock images.
Shutterstock Support Team